GDT: 10/27/2014 - Minnesota @ New York (R) - 6PM CST - 1AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI [MOD #314]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
we are getting chances on the PP most nights. we're just not capitalizing. both units. It'll come. Floodgates.

I think tonight might actually be the worst they've looked on the PP, though. Neither major seemed to have many of the kind of chances they've been getting the past few games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I think tonight might actually be the worst they've looked on the PP, though. Neither major seemed to have many of the kind of chances they've been getting the past few games.

i have to agree with you, unfortunately.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The first time in what might be a decade where I'm furious even though we're leading by 3. Feels like we're losing 10-0. I just feel like Yeo and Bruno are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole with this PP, and the injuries........and seeing our guys score 5 on 5 but look like they have the capabilities of a newborn when on the powerplay.....it's just so hard to read this team right now. Yeo can be quite stubborn with changing certain players...kinda like how it took him so damn long to break up Koivu and Parise. Drives me nuts! When something isn't working and needs a spark (such as the PP), don't wait forever hoping it'll fix itself even if it means moving a top guy down the pole a bit. The guys are standing still at times. You can't do that when having the man advantage.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011

yup, they even look terrible.. and how many shots they got in 10min pp, five, six?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The first time in what might be a decade where I'm furious even though we're leading by 3. Feels like we're losing 10-0. I just feel like Yeo and Bruno are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole with this PP, and the injuries........and seeing our guys score 5 on 5 but look like they have the capabilities of a newborn when on the powerplay.....it's just so hard to read this team right now. Yeo can be quite stubborn with changing certain players...kinda like how it took him so damn long to break up Koivu and Parise. Drives me nuts! When something isn't working and needs a spark, don't wait forever hoping it'll fix itself even if it means moving a top guy down the pole a bit.

Long as they are winning games it won't change though. If they lose this game 4-3, you MAY see something out of Fletcher pushing for a shakeup with the Assistants but when you're winning...you're winning.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
This powerplay is awful. And I'm a Sabres-fan!

Also, what's going on with Vanek? It's like he's not even present. Other than that, this is looking good.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The pp thing is clearly inside their heads now.

It really is. Hell it was stated by Russo (I think) that the Wild's first powerplay on a night is its best one because of how much it's in their heads and I believe he was quoting Yeo.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The first time in what might be a decade where I'm furious even though we're leading by 3. Feels like we're losing 10-0. I just feel like Yeo and Bruno are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole with this PP, and the injuries........and seeing our guys score 5 on 5 but look like they have the capabilities of a newborn when on the powerplay.....it's just so hard to read this team right now. Yeo can be quite stubborn with changing certain players...kinda like how it took him so damn long to break up Koivu and Parise. Drives me nuts! When something isn't working and needs a spark (such as the PP), don't wait forever hoping it'll fix itself even if it means moving a top guy down the pole a bit. The guys are standing still at times. You can't do that when having the man advantage.

Come on now. Yes the PP is bad right now. But feels like we're losing 10-0? I get that you're just being hyperbolic to prove a point, but we're winning 3-0 and shots are 24-8. On the road.

It'll come.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
And yeah, you can definitely see that they're thinking about the PP too much.

They just need an ugly one to go in. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Alright, which one is the most bizarre?

We have more goals on opponents' PPs than our own PPs.
Opponents have more goals on our PPs than we do.
We're 0-24 and only 29th in the league on the PP.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Minnesota: where 30 goal scorers come to die.

That used to be the Rangers job. Don't go down that road. And in Minnesota's defense, it looked like Vanek died in Montreal already. If I remember correctly, he had a pretty good run with the Isles, but then couldn't get his stuff together in Montreal. A couple of games into this season I was convinced he'd turn it around, but now... I don't know. He just looks so lost. He went on slumps in Buffalo too, but I don't think I ever saw him this bad. He can't control the puck, tries to force passes through impossible areas, just seems to make bad decisions.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Alright, which one is the most bizarre?

We have more goals on opponents' PPs than our own PPs.
Opponents have more goals on our PPs than we do.
We're 0-24 and only 29th in the league on the PP.

I vote opponents have more goals on our powerplays than we do at this point in the season. :shakehead I still feel like the PP goals are going to come though. They have to.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Come on now. Yes the PP is bad right now. But feels like we're losing 10-0? I get that you're just being hyperbolic to prove a point, but we're winning 3-0 and shots are 24-8. On the road.

It'll come.
I know. Probably gonna regret 80% of the things I'm saying tonight. Had a headache before this game started and seeing our guys hurt with the results of the PP just pushed a very bad button is all. I'm more angry than Avder on his worst day right now. Things will be broken! :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I know. Probably gonna regret 80% of the things I'm saying tonight. Had a headache before this game started and seeing our guys hurt with the results of the PP just pushed a very bad button is all. I'm more angry than Avder on his worst day right now. Things will be broken! :laugh:

Not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad