Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm wondering if any western Habs fans can confirm that there are no legitimate ways to watch the game tonight?

I'm trying to avoid sailing the high seas this year, but as far as I can tell, the only way to watch tonights game is to have an RDS/SN subscription and be in the QC region.

Am I off?
It's only on RDS.

If you have no RDS, no legal way to observe.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I'm wondering if any western Habs fans can confirm that there are no legitimate ways to watch the game tonight?

I'm trying to avoid sailing the high seas this year, but as far as I can tell, the only way to watch tonights game is to have an RDS/SN subscription and be in the QC region.

Am I off?
Lol! I love the way you worded that! I have a parrot and pegleg btw! 😉

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: the and Canadienna

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I believe this is false.

SN+ is carrying the RDS broadcast. The question was just about regional blackouts.

No
And which subscription is required. I’m in Montreal and purchased SN+ standard to watch the game, and it’s now locked behind an “upgrade”, of which there seem to be multiple. How the f*** do I watch this game?

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
And which subscription is required. I’m in Montreal and purchased SN+ standard to watch the game, and it’s now locked behind an “upgrade”, of which there seem to be multiple. How the f*** do I watch this game?

I just subbed to SN+ premium, and it appears that the game is going to be available. I honestly don't know if I need premium, but I think I do because I'm out of region. I don't watch any other sports other than F1 and won't really get any use of my "premium" subscription outside of Habs hockey.

They really need to sort all this streaming stuff out. They are leaving heaps of money on the table if they could streamline and make it more accessible.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I just subbed to SN+ premium, and it appears that the game is going to be available. I honestly don't know if I need premium, but I think I do because I'm out of region. I don't watch any other sports other than F1 and won't really get any use of my "premium" subscription outside of Habs hockey.

They really need to sort all this streaming stuff out. They are leaving heaps of money on the table if they could streamline and make it more accessible.
Yeah, looks like I had to subscribe to premium as well, even though I’m in Montreal. Cancelling this convoluted trash service as soon as regular season begins and going back to my tried and true way of watching games.

Reactions: Canadienna

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I dipped back to “cable” on an excellent deal because 2 (or 3?) years of Sportsnet+ just didn’t meet my expectations compared to the NHL Gamecentre that existed before… and of course tonight’s game is not on the Centre Ice schedule lmaoooo o_O

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I dipped back to “cable” on an excellent deal because 2 (or 3?) years of Sportsnet+ just didn’t meet my expectations compared to the NHL Gamecentre that existed before… and of course tonight’s game is not on the Centre Ice schedule lmaoooo o_O
Sportsnet can suck it. It's garbage.

There is a... hockeybeast that may stream it...

There may be a... webcast of hockey that may help to show it...

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Sportsnet can suck it. It's garbage.

There is a... hockeybeast that may stream it...

There may be a... webcast of hockey that may help to show it...

Lol thank you, I’m fortunate to still be resourceful enough in these situations. All I want is to push a button and watch a game in the most stable, highest available quality on a TV like I did 15 goddamn years ago !

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad