Post-Game Talk: 10/15 Game #2 - Bruins look listless in a 4-1 loss to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hayes will stick around to be exposed to Vegas.
....and if Las Vegas doesn't claim him???

I wonder if Krejci is upset that he gets a 3rd line center and an okay rookie on his line.

He's made comments before and I'm wondering if it's getting to him. Either that or he's just still recovering from his injury.

Well, he can drop his NTC and they can use him in a trade for a #1/2 defenseman.:dunno:

He complains to much for a 7 million dollar player :)

He looks hurt still. Somehow is slower than ever.
Just had surgery on his hip, that can't be easy with no training camp.

If Sweeney , cam , and clode are dumb enough to make that a reason to keep him on the roster then they will all be canned for missing the playoffs yet again.
AGREED!

Its only game 2, let the year play out, get healthy. Get some chemistry and weed out whoever does not cut it and trade for a damm deeman. I like the 2 kids on dee all year they can cut it. I mean we have Krug do we need Liles, looks to me like one of K.Miller/McQuaid go and one of Colin or Morrow. Balance it out Z will not last the whole year like this. We desperately need a top tier deeman near his prime now.
I would really like Chara with - one of Lindholm, Trouba, Fowler(probably him)
Krug, Carlo
K. Miller, O'Gara
learn the other side if the Left/Right thing is off, like Seids did we need this too work, Morrow or Colin extra which ever one stays
Colin was less than impressive. I'm wondering if his sitting so much last year has destroyed his confidence?!!?
Bruins starting to miss Bergeron. We need Rask in there too. Leafs are no longer a joke. Not impressed with O'Gara.

Whaaaat??? O'Gara is going to be great and was the least of their problems in the first 2 games.:shakehead

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You nailed it, this is the elephant in the room and the play of Beleskey and Hayes. Khobodin made it easy for the Leafs. Lot of new faces and not much chemistry out there. Going be a long year, will get better when we are healthier. Now we see how other teams improved.

The most productive and scary good line pre season was Spoons Krej Back we need Bergeron back now....

Vatrono is needed as well...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The great thing out of the first two games is the continued emergence of Pastrnak. He's been great. Im sure it Kinda goes without saying :laugh:

He's someone to be very excited about

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Krejci always has an excuse for his uneven play. Body language is awful. Maybe next game he will give a ****. Who knows. It's always been that way with him.

Even at 40% he's still a pretty good player. Frustrating as hell to watch though.

This teams only advantage over most opponents is their ability to roll Bergeron-Krejci-Backes down the middle.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

Have not had a chance to watch all teans play , but the Bruins might have the absolute worse 3rd line in hockey. Not a chance the Bruins have a 10 goal scorer on that line. And get jimmy Hayes off the ice. And please somebody tell me why Claude refuses to play his two best goal scorers on Pp1. It's insane that beleskey / czarnik play PP1 over marchy and pasta. You start your Pp with your best chance to score. Bruins don't. I don't understand

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

So they protect 7 forwards (Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Backes, Spooner, X)
Players with 2 years or under of experience will be exempt (Czarnik, Acciari, Vatrano, Heinen)
2 Forwards must be exposed who are under contract and have played 70 games over 2 years or 40 games this year without a NMC
Moore will be a UFA so he's out, that leaves 3 names currently. Riley Nash, Matt Beleskey, Jimmy Hayes. This is why Riley Nash got a 2 year deal. (Khudobin as well)

Tell me which part of this is confusing.

drpastry

Oct 15, 2016
Chicago, IL
Looking for a scarf from tonight's game!

Hello, Bruins fans!

I'm hoping to find a pair of Leafs scarves that were given away as a Scotiabank promotion to all attendees of tonight's game in order to surprise a friend. I would be more than happy to compensate you for the scarves and shipping. Please reach out if you're at all interested!

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
You know its bad when the leafs look this much better than you.
And i dont understand how people excuse the loss with a young lineup, that didnt seem to affect the leafs.

Anyway, the problem is the Krejci line, 2 veterans btw and the Czarnik line, 2 more vets there btw. Czarnik should be playing on the wing and Beleskey and Hayes should be traded asap. Spooker and Krejci i dont think even plyed at all.

And Miller is not looking good, but hey, by this time Marchy wasnt looking very good either so lets hope.

A lot of work for Don. A skilled high pick could help.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I think that was important for Chara to do. Let's Martin know he's not gonna let him run around this season. I think Martin learned that real quick...poor guy at 6'3" 220 lbs couldn't come close to reaching him

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You know its bad when the leafs look this much better than you.
And i dont understand how people excuse the loss with a young lineup, that didnt seem to affect the leafs.

Anyway, the problem is the Krejci line, 2 veterans btw and the Czarnik line, 2 more vets there btw. Czarnik should be playing on the wing and Beleskey and Hayes should be traded asap. Spooker and Krejci i dont think even plyed at all.

And Miller is not looking good, but hey, by this time Marchy wasnt looking very good either so lets hope.

A lot of work for Don. A skilled high pick could help.

they were missing their best player and had their backup goalie in, no? I think it's pretty easy to see why some people excuse this one

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It doesn't look good. I'm not sure what they end up doing with him. I'd like to see Heinen-Krejci-Backes, it could turn into a good second line, but I DO NOT want to see Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes. With the 4th line much improved, maybe you can suffer through a sub par '3rd' line

Once Bergy is back, I'd like to see

Marchand-Bergeron-Czarnik
Heinen-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak
Moore-Acciari-Nash/Hayes

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hello, Bruins fans!

I'm hoping to find a pair of Leafs scarves that were given away as a Scotiabank promotion to all attendees of tonight's game in order to surprise a friend. I would be more than happy to compensate you for the scarves and shipping. Please reach out if you're at all interested!

I think your best bet is trying ebay.ca but I wish you luck.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bleh. Couldn't get anything going all night.

When Bergy's back, put Backes with Krejci - give DK some linemates that can actually be effective.

Seriously, it's like telling me to drive without wheels and and a gas pedal and then complaining when I show up late to work.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The great thing out of the first two games is the continued emergence of Pastrnak. He's been great. Im sure it Kinda goes without saying :laugh:

He's someone to be very excited about

He's been impressive. Goaltending is my biggest concern so far.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
If Bergy isn't back next game I'd try Beleskey with Krejci. Krejci needs a vet out there with him....I'd also slot in Morrow over Miller, unless we have Trouba by then :)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Good to see Julien adjust his defensive pairings so quickly -

CMiller was having a rough night and finished last in TOI at just over 15 min, in game one he was over 20 min. He needs to straighten out his game if he can -4 already and it's only game 2.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think that was important for Chara to do. Let's Martin know he's not gonna let him run around this season. I think Martin learned that real quick...poor guy at 6'3" 220 lbs couldn't come close to reaching him

I liked the response but I`ll wager this changes not one thing with Martin`s game, he plays tough and gritty and will continue to do so whether 33 is on the ice with him or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad