GDT: 10/13/16 7 PM - Game 1 - BRUINS at Columbus OPENING NIGHT - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Gotta love Columbus. Just went over to stubhub to see how the market is looking.

Tonight's game: $30 in the door, $60 lower level
Sat night's game: $20 in the door, $35 lower level

I do expect to see the usual allotment of Monday and Tuesday night, early season Bs games around those prices on the day of the game......but the opener and a Saturday night before the last minute fire-sales? Yikes.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Gotta love Columbus. Just went over to stubhub to see how the market is looking.

Tonight's game: $30 in the door, $60 lower level
Sat night's game: $20 in the door, $35 lower level

I do expect to see the usual allotment of Monday and Tuesday night, early season Bs games around those prices on the day of the game......but the opener and a Saturday night before the last minute fire-sales? Yikes.

Considering the high expectations of last season and the subsequent crap that was seen, this isn't surprising. I think they lost many season ticket holders that had been on the fence for awhile. I think the fanbase has a "wait and see" approach before they get their hopes up again.

Historically, the CBJ draw better once football season is over. My guess is most people will be spending Saturday evening watching the OSU/Wisconsin game from the comfort of home.

And, before you guys start talking about how the stands are empty at the start of the game, the POTUS has an event about two blocks away from Nationwide tonight so traffic is going to be a problem for people trying to get to the arena. If they still haven't shown up by the beginning of the 2nd, feel free to point it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Czar is closer to the spelling and modern pronunciation of 'Caesar' from which the title derives.

Alright, this leaves me no choice but to chant Czar! Tsar!Czar!Tsar!

Now if he is related in any way to the hollywood Gabor family this could get real tricky....It would sound something like this..... Zsa! Zsa!

Wishing the kid nothing but success....:)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
May seem like a dumb question here and I think I know the answer, but if you're in the box and the PP scores against your team, are you considered a -1? I know you're not on the ice, but you would be on the ice if it wasn't for the fact your butt is in time-out.

It's not a dumb question, but it has a surprisingly simple answer. One that I admit I didn't know for quite awhile after my hockey fandom started.

The plus-minus statistic is only incremented/decremented when an even-handed or shorthanded goal is made. It does not change on a PPG, penalty shot, or shootout goals.

Thus, if you're in the box and the opposing team's PP unit scored, NOBODY gets or loses a plus-minus point.

That said, my gut tells me that there's some important penalty statistics that aren't tracked. How about "PP goals your team scored after you draw a penalty", or "Goals your team coughed up while you were in the box"? I dunno - I guess the stat people who know more than I have figured that these aren't important stats.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have had a headache for 3 days. I hope tonight's game makes it go away.

Any HF B's fans going to the game?

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Pretty excited about seeing how those d-pairings fair.

and hard not to get really excited for the bruins future, I think we are getting to see a couple young guys tonight that could become really important pieces for us in the future.

I'm ready to accept the learning curve and rookie mistakes that will happen.

Not to hate on Mcquaid and K.Miller, because for the most part I do like them...but dayummmm do I like seeing that top 6 D without them.

Of course, flip side of that....we lose major toughness on the backend but really...I'd rather win hockey games than just be tough and I think that is where hockey is headed...speed and skill.

Can't be worse than Irwin pretty much losing us games in the beginning of last season right?

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Thank God Morrow is upstairs. Was getting nervous about that.

Hopefully Rask will be there for us tonight...if we get that, I feel good about it.

Great to see the kids in the line up.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Pretty excited about seeing how those d-pairings fair.

and hard not to get really excited for the bruins future, I think we are getting to see a couple young guys tonight that could become really important pieces for us in the future.

I'm ready to accept the learning curve and rookie mistakes that will happen.

Not to hate on Mcquaid and K.Miller, because for the most part I do like them...but dayummmm do I like seeing that top 6 D without them.

Of course, flip side of that....we lose major toughness on the backend but really...I'd rather win hockey games than just be tough and I think that is where hockey is headed...speed and skill.

Can't be worse than Irwin pretty much losing us games in the beginning of last season right?

I prefer

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid/Killer
Liles/C Miller
Morrow
O'Gara to providence for seasoning

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm excited to watch the kids and am more than willing to accept growing pains if it helps long term success. Let's get this ball rolling!

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
And here I am thinking all my history lessons are over and done with...

Sorry :)

Alright, this leaves me no choice but to chant Czar! Tsar!Czar!Tsar!

Now if he is related in any way to the hollywood Gabor family this could get real tricky....It would sound something like this..... Zsa! Zsa!

Wishing the kid nothing but success....:)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BigBadBruins63*

I prefer

Chara Carlo
Krug McQuaid/Killer
Liles/C Miller
Morrow
O'Gara to providence for seasoning

No to McQuaid in the top 4. Doesn't belong at all. He is atrocious there. Kevan at least can skate and has some offensive ability. McQuaid has ZERO and skates like he is in mud. Can't move the puck, and besides playing defense decently and being physical, is nothing I want on a 2nd pair. Hell, I don't want him on any pair full time, anymore.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
No to McQuaid in the top 4. Doesn't belong at all. He is atrocious there. Kevan at least can skate and has some offensive ability. McQuaid has ZERO and skates like he is in mud. Can't move the puck, and besides playing defense decently and being physical, is nothing I want on a 2nd pair. Hell, I don't want him on any pair full time, anymore.

I don't want either of them in the top 4. I was going with what we unfortunately have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad