GDT: 10/13/16 7 PM - Game 1 - BRUINS at Columbus OPENING NIGHT - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't care if we lose a bunch of games. I want to see the kids up and learning. Seeing the kids play is what I've dreamed about.

Stay strong, Clode! :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Agreed. I can't wait to see some of these kids get a chance.

I only saw one game in the preseason and it was against CBJ. Going to jump out of work 10 minutes early, hit the beer store and enjoy it.

Looking forward to getting a good look at Heinen and Carlo.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
#changes

I kinda liked Czarnik in 57 or whatever he was wearing which now I can't remember. Also, I think the #6 is cursed on the Bruins but hopefully Colin makes it work! I like Heinens 43. Also I liked Carlo with a higher number as well.

#6 is cursed and it never should be issued again.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Ready to be entertained

Are you planning to watch a different team?

Sorry maybe a bad joke. I know this is not a Cup team but I am hoping for a season of games that are going to be fun to watch. Too many frustrating games last season.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Sorry maybe a bad joke. I know this is not a Cup team but I am hoping for a season of games that are going to be fun to watch. Too many frustrating games last season.

Aside from the last stretch of games, last season in comparison to the season prior was nowhere near as frustrating. 2014-2015 was a tough pill to swallow.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Speaking of Hamilton. I know it's only one game, but boy did Dougie put in a woofer last night.

Sheltered icetime (5th lowest) - 4 PIMS - 0 points - and a minus 2.:handclap:

May seem like a dumb question here and I think I know the answer, but if you're in the box and the PP scores against your team, are you considered a -1? I know you're not on the ice, but you would be on the ice if it wasn't for the fact your butt is in time-out.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Speaking of Hamilton. I know it's only one game, but boy did Dougie put in a woofer last night.

Sheltered icetime (5th lowest) - 4 PIMS - 0 points - and a minus 2.:handclap:

Dougie still has time to turn things around but he is starting to have a track record that will be hard to explain off as a young defenseman learning how to play the NHL game.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I am not expecting much from this team... just give a **** out there and try

That's all i want is effort every game

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
200_s.gif

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Crossing fingers, touch wood, go Bruins. First of many nights of little sleep, but hopefully worth it.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Downer of a D-core? I see hungry youth with upside on the blue line. Also players that don't treat the puck like it's a grenade. Tonight will be a treat.

If they take Chara off of the power play this will drop his minutes by about 20 seconds a game due to how many PPs the Bruins get so that will help. Seriously though, if he doesn't get PP time I think this will lessen the frustrations I have with him.

I'm really nervous of a huge step back for Chara this year with an already downer of a D core with no big off season changes. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

I think everybody would have liked them to bring somebody good in (without mortgaging the future) but since they didn't, I think they're moving in the right direction with the youth playing even if it's partly because Miller and McQuaid are out.

The only thing that will bother me is when K. Miller and McQuaid come back, they both play and take away ice time from a rookie but only if that rookie is playing well.

I'm just really glad they didn't sign Ehrhoff even though a lot of people here were adamant that he'd make the team.

BigBadBruins63*

If they take Chara off of the power play this will drop his minutes by about 20 seconds a game due to how many PPs the Bruins get so that will help. Seriously though, if he doesn't get PP time I think this will lessen the frustrations I have with him.

Chara played 1928 minutes last year (over 80 games) that came out to 24 minutes a night on average. Of that 1928 minutes, 136 minutes came on the PP. Subtracting 136 from the total 1928 minutes, would bring him down to an average of 22.4 minutes. So obviously, Chara isn't going to be taken off the PP completely (though I'd argue we may have the personnel to do that), if the Bruins can cut down on his PP usage a bit, and just his overall 5v5 usage, I think it would be enough to keep him relatively fresh come seasons end. They need to do something, because he is the de facto #1 on the team and if they're not going to acquire someone who can come in and take some load off of him, they have to find another way to keep him ready. He proved at the beginning of the season, he can still play and be productive. They just need that over 82 games from him.

BigBadBruins63*

I'm planning on watching a team with lot's of young players trying to make an impact, and ones who also have upside.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thank goodness Bruins' hockey is set to begin again. With management failing to bring in yet again what the Bruins needed most, a top-two or even top-three defenseman, I am not expecting the Bruins to do anything in the post season, if they even get there. However, it is very encouraging to see the opening night roster contains some youth. In particular, I feel that Carlo will be a great player for years to come. I was tickled pink when he was drafted by the Bs, and after seeing him play in preseason I am even more happy that he is a B. The kid will be a difference maker on D, maybe not immediately, but certainly down the road. The other kids are impressive as well, and give fans reason to think that the Bs will be in a good position to succeed in a year or two.

It will not surprise me if this ends up being a rough season in terms of wins and losses, and the Bs could very well lose their coach in the process, but in the end all I really want out of this season is to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. That means seeing the newcomers improve over the course of the season, guys like Pastrnak and Spooner stepping their game up a level, and the vets such as Marchand and Bergy keeping on keeping on. The organization is at the point that it has some real talent in the pipeline and has a solid core of forwards. How all of this translates into having a realistic chance at a Cup over the next 4 or 5 years I don't know. But at least things have the potential to be better than the past couple of years and may very well lead to good things in the future. Keeping my fingers crossed that DS and company are able to make the right moves and make the Bs an elite team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad