OT: 10,000 Pt XL - Spring is (no longer) in the Air

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
The Overwatch beta was fun but it really just tingled my itch to get back into Dota2. Agh. One more week of classes then I can play games more.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I usually just boil elbows and make a cheese sauce with cheese, milk, flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce. I don't think I've ever heard of macaroni and cheese in a pressure cooker before.

I also do this minus the hot sauce, usually turns out really good. Add some bacon or sausage to it as well :nod:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Overwatch beta was fun but it really just tingled my itch to get back into Dota2. Agh. One more week of classes then I can play games more.

Overwatch is why I was asking about FPS games. I never played an online shooter before Overwatch. I watched streams of the closed beta on Twitch. It looked so good, so I gave it a shot.

I would probably enjoy it even more if I wasn't so bad at it, haha. :(

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Overwatch is why I was asking about FPS games. I never played an online shooter before Overwatch. I watched streams of the closed beta on Twitch. It looked so good, so I gave it a shot.

It's different than most shooters. I would say it's a good entry level shooter. Who did you play as most? Maybe if you want to get better use someone with a shotgun.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If shooters with defined roles have taught me anything, it's to play your class cuz even if you suck at offense, as long as you do your job, you might still be more useful than the sniper chilling a mile from the frontline.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I played only as D.Va, Winston, and Roadhog.

Mercy is a support person that has a healing stream. I die a lot... I guess that's normal of a healer?

The bad thing is with me using Mercy is that my reaction time is so slow that I can't switch between the healing stream and the gun fast enough. So, I very rarely get an elimination when using her.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Mercy is a support person that has a healing stream. I die a lot... I guess that's normal of a healer?

The bad thing is with me using Mercy is that my reaction time is so slow that I can't switch between the healing stream and the gun fast enough. So, I very rarely get an elimination when using her.

Healers are usually more difficult to play positionally and less difficult with aiming. As a healer you need to know your surroundings better than other classes and make sure you aren't overextended. You also have to dodge projectiles. I like tank classes. Heavy in TF2 translated well to D.Va. Nice to have a tank that is very mobile.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Healers are usually more difficult to play positionally and less difficult with aiming. As a healer you need to know your surroundings better than other classes and make sure you aren't overextended. You also have to dodge projectiles. I like tank classes. Heavy in TF2 translated well to D.Va. Nice to have a tank that is very mobile.

I love tanking in general as well, but not necessarily in the same games you guys have been talking about.

I like it when everything hits me.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh my god, somebody in the parking lot across the street has had their car alarm going off for an hour. It goes off for like 10 minutes stops for 30 seconds to a minute, then goes off again.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

I love junk rat, lucio and reaper

But I've been having fun with tracer and torbjorn as well

Great game!

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Oh my god, somebody in the parking lot across the street has had their car alarm going off for an hour. It goes off for like 10 minutes stops for 30 seconds to a minute, then goes off again.

I had to deal with that a the apartment I was living in 10 years ago, used to drive me and my neighbors nuts. Luckily SJ has a noise ordinance where if it keeps going off after 10:30pm you can call it in and have it impounded. So we did that one night and never had a problem after.

Most car alarms shut off by default after 10 minutes, so this guy was probably not monitoring it at all.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Heh, I'm in the same boat. The only FPS I ever played and enjoyed was the original Half Life. They're just not my general cup of tea at all. (give me turn based strategy or RPGs any day. Though, I did get pretty good at World of Tanks). I've been playing it too, and yeah, I seem somewhat terrible. Watching streamers, one of the biggest things I do wrong is I don't do enough side to side movement, so I am probably pretty easy to hit.

I've tended to play Road Hog, Reaper and Bastion. (I love turret form Bastion on defense, or even on offense on a payload map, since I can set up near the front of the payload vehicle, and if a Reinhart stands in front of me with the shield up, I can just crush people.) I am not sure my aim is good enough to play characters like Widowmaker or McCree. Given my issues with aiming, maybe I should become a Winston main... :laugh:

In the small world department, I've actually known Jeff Kaplan, the guy at Blizzard in charge of the game, for going on 20 years now, since we were in one of the top Everquest raiding guilds (Legacy of Steel) together. (Him as the guild leader, Tigole, me as monk and puller extraordinaire, Arlos.) There were actually a lot of Blizzard people in that EQ guild, including Scott Mercer and Rob Pardo. (Rob's hatred of the way EQ helms looked on his character are basically the entire reason why turning helm graphics off is a thing in WOW.) I even have an NPC named after my EQ character in WOW, as does basically everyone else who was in the guild back then. Good to see "his" game succeeding.

Mrguy17

Feb 13, 2006
East Bay California
OT: Missed seeing game 6 on time to see the Aesop Rock show at the Fillmore in SF. Glad I made that decision, he killed it. Shout out to anyone who knows who I'm talking about. Largest vocabulary in the game. AINEC

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
one of my wife's favorite shows Nashville got cancelled tonight, ironically the day the Predators get eliminated.

Maybe Chip Esten can return to Whose Line is it Anyway, he used to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad