OT: 10,000 Pt XL - Spring is (no longer) in the Air

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I remember some TV bit where they showed 2 Starbucks that were literally directly across the street from each other. You know you have a serious coffee addiction when you have to buy a whole new coffee after only going far enough to cross a street... :laugh:

There's an intersection here where, I swear to god, 3 of the 4 corners have Starbucks. There's a standalone one in a mini-mall on one corner, one integrated into a bookstore on another, a kiosk variant in the Safeway on the third. I repeatedly joke that the car dealership on the final corner really should put a Starbucks in their showroom for symmetry's sake.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
We have a Starbucks inside our office building here and there's a proper Starbucks across the street as well. It would take about 10 minutes to cross the large parking lot and shopping center to get there, so it's not as egregious as it sounds.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I hate Starbucks. I hate coffee, and even their non-coffee drinks suck. Their hot chocolate for instance is terrible, apple cider is way too sweet.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I hate Starbucks. I hate coffee, and even their non-coffee drinks suck. Their hot chocolate for instance is terrible, apple cider is way too sweet.

I'm not a fan of them or coffee either. I'll occasionally get a hot chocolate but it's few and far between because it's usually disappointing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'm not a fan of them or coffee either. I'll occasionally get a hot chocolate but it's few and far between because it's usually disappointing.

Heh. Starbucks is not that bad. But living around Seattle, I can tell you that every Starbucks is different. Some do an excellent job with drinks, some are average and some just suck. You got to find a good one and stick to it .. :)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Starbucks isn't that great for actual coffee but I like the other stuff like the teas and desert drinks.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm allergic to coffee, so Starbucks has never been my thing. Their hot chocolate is OK, I guess, but their Chai is bloody awful. Tasted like slightly warmed skim milk that someone dumped sugar and black pepper into. Ugh.

Fortunately for me, the best Chai I've ever had (and it's not EVEN close) comes from this independent shop here in Half Moon Bay, so I don't exactly have to travel far to get a chai fix... :nod:

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Reminds me of that Simpsons episode...

Starbucks everywhere!

yup!

250px-Starbucks.png

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Subway is the new Starbucks. ****ing everywhere. I've passed no less than 8 of them on my way home and I'm pretty sure I'll see another 1 or 2 before I finally get home

I don't get it either, Subway is terrible.

Except I do wanna try that new carved Turkey sandwich. Wonder if its as good as the Carvery inside the SAP Center.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...ldfire-pushed-back-even-as-temperatures-climb

Fort McMurray, Alberta -- entire city evacuated due to wildfire.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/world/fort-mcmurray-alberta-fire-canada-irpt/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/live-blog-fort-mcmurray-wildfires-1.3565398
CBC - live blog

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/164828/Ft-Mac-evacuated
The leader of Alberta's Opposition says that much of the downtown in the northern oil hub of Fort McMurray is being destroyed by fire.

Brian Jean, who is also the member of the legislature for the area, said late Tuesday that flames are encroaching on the city centre.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I know quite a few of you guys here play video games. How do you get better at FPS games? I'm terrible.

1. Move a lot (seems obvious enough, but it's harder to hit what's moving)
2. Use strafing, rather than just turns

Most of it is really just hand-eye with aiming and making efficient movements

There are certain things in different FPSs that are specific to that game that can be useful to master, like crouch jumping in Half-Life.

A lot of it is just comfort, too. Like, I'm terrible with console-based FPSs because I've been using a keyboard and mouse my whole life, but some people like using gamepads/console controllers.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
1. Move a lot (seems obvious enough, but it's harder to hit what's moving)
2. Use strafing, rather than just turns

Most of it is really just hand-eye with aiming and making efficient movements

There are certain things in different FPSs that are specific to that game that can be useful to master, like crouch jumping in Half-Life.

A lot of it is just comfort, too. Like, I'm terrible with console-based FPSs because I've been using a keyboard and mouse my whole life, but some people like using gamepads/console controllers.

Strafing and movement is where you want to begin. Where i'd step it up from there is controller sensitivity, get good at one and move it up.

Also another thing that helps if you're playing stuff like Call of Duty, Counterstrike and Halo. Is move around the edges of the map, it lowers the percentage of people getting behind you. Which is how most people kill you, especially in COD.

Also if you are in the middle of a combat situation, don't reload switch to your secondary weapon and go to town. Reloading puts you at a complete disadvantage.

I'm a very aggressive FPS player so, take what you want. You could always try camping but I find that so boring.

On another note Subway was much bigger before Starbucks ever got large, I don't know if that is a canadian thing but its always been rampant here. I don't really get the hate for subway, its a much healthier alternative to stuff like mcdonalds and in n out. There **** isn't great but its not horribad.

That being said, its my bday tomorrow and I'm trying out this new bistro.

o.jpg

o.jpg

o.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I know quite a few of you guys here play video games. How do you get better at FPS games? I'm terrible.

What sort of mouse are you using? If it's not very sensitive that could be an issue. When I was... 14 (?) I used to play CS 1.4 on a mouse with a ball that would always stick. Finally upgraded to something that let me be in better control.

But you have to play a lot and develop an understanding of character movements using wasd and mouse. Once you get it you are solid for any shooter.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
What sort of mouse are you using? If it's not very sensitive that could be an issue. When I was... 14 (?) I used to play CS 1.4 on a mouse with a ball that would always stick. Finally upgraded to something that let me be in better control.

But you have to play a lot and develop an understanding of character movements using wasd and mouse. Once you get it you are solid for any shooter.

Oh my god, tractor balls. Jesus Christ those were terrible. I remember being a kid and being so amazed at getting a laser mouse.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm generally pretty decent at shooters. I got to be quite good at Battlefield but I kinda suck at Source shooters like TF2 and CS and L4D. I'm pretty meh at all of those.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Some cheap wireless mouse... I'm thinking about investing in a gaming mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad