GDT: #1: FLYERS vs. Blackhawks, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Raffl is on his what, 6th year with the flyers? They know what he brings. How are those examples comparable? Pitlick has one 80 game nhl season and was doing well last year before he got hurt but that's not my point. I have nothing against Pitlick on the 4th line. I just don't think because Fletcher traded for him he should be gifted a spot after being hurt all off-season and preseason. You can't tell me we wouldn't be better off with CT on the 4th line and Farabee on the 3rd.

Again, to make Farabee available to play you need to either put Patrick on LTIR or waive Morin.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I gotta say that I think NAK would be a better option at 3RW than Twarynski. He's much more of a scorer and play driver at the AHL level. And the right side is his natural position.

Carson is bigger and a stronger forechecker, but that's more of a 4th line role. Which is where I expected him to start out for the Flyers.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
It is possible for PP1 to sustain over a minute of zone time. Putting 9-15 on PP2 might be helpful at times for the transition back to ES.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We could screw over our playoff chances pretty easily in those 10 games.

Part of me wants to see the bottom 6 just get skull ****ed to expose these bad decisions for what they are. But watching the good players having to suffer through that sort of thing is getting really hard.

Obviously you're not mad about Frost and Patrick not being in the bottom 6 since they aren't healthy enough to play, so this must mean you believe 19 year old Farabee on his own would prevent this skull f***ing?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It is possible for PP1 to sustain over a minute of zone time. Putting 9-15 on PP2 might be helpful at times for the transition back to ES.
At least Blackhawks are a weak team and shouldn't be hard to beat. So this might not hurt us right away.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Sucks that they don't play again until Wednesday. I'm hoping they don't need every minute of those 5 days to iron out the kinks that show up in Prague.

Putting 53 with Hagg is just a bad idea. He's not going to be as aggressive knowing that if he turns it over, he has that slug behind him flailing all over the ice. And when 53 isn't aggressive he isn't effective.

And even though the Blackhawks are probably a bad team, they have enough skill to make guys like Hagg look awful, and the energy guys to play the rest of the game close to even.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sucks that they don't play again until Wednesday. I'm hoping they don't need every minute of those 5 days to iron out the kinks that show up in Prague.

Putting 53 with Hagg is just a bad idea. He's not going to be as aggressive knowing that if he turns it over, he has that slug behind him flailing all over the ice. And when 53 isn't aggressive he isn't effective.

And even though the Blackhawks are probably a bad team, they have enough skill to make guys like Hagg look awful, and the energy guys to play the rest of the game close to even.

DeBrincat or Kane on Hagg is gonna be hilarious.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Where’s Benny at to dress this one up?

Edit: nevermind. I saw he already had the knee pads on.

Yes because the main goal of a PP should be about transitions back to ES and not actually trying to score.

Last edited:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I just ran into some guy with tons (TONS) of the Global Series 2019 merch (Flyers jersey, Global series hat etc.) in local KFC. Any of you, guys? :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Same **** every year. I really wanted to be hype and enjoy the Flyers again. I should have known better. ****ing ****.
Yeah, it really sucks.

We have all the pieces to be in amazing shape... so much potential... but unfortunately it’s been left up to guys who simply don’t “get it” to put it together properly.

I doubted them for months but honestly I never dreamt the lineup would look like this... both as far as who is on the team and where everyone is playing. If someone suggested this current lineup over the summer even I would’ve laughed at them for being overly pessimistic about AV and Fletcher.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It is truly bizarre that someone that is just so obviously adept at the Power Play like Sanheim doesn’t get a spot there. As much as i hate the other things they are doing and have done, at least you can see what they are thinking. This one is just really without explanation

This. Problems in order

Hagg playing at all

Sanheim not on PP

Twar on 3rd line

Those are the glaring problems, but I am now so mad that everything is a tire fire.

Reactions: macleish1974

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Matt Niskanen has two ****ing PP points in the last two years. He’s not too far behind our other PP ace now that I look at it.

Why is this **** so hard?

Seriously, imagine this. You see all this stuff that is happening and your first reaction is:

"Why is everybody whining? Melodramatic babies. Calm down!"

There are people on here, plenty of them, who see the news and that's their reaction :laugh: And they say it covered in smugness, like of course that's an appropriate reaction :laugh:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Seriously, imagine this. You see all this stuff that is happening and your first reaction is:

"Why is everybody whining? Melodramatic babies. Calm down!"

There are people on here, plenty of them, who see the news and that's their reaction :laugh: And they say it covered in smugness, like of course that's an appropriate reaction :laugh:

it was fine to tell people to calm down in August. it was the summer. no reason to complain. but it's October now. this is a bubble team so every game matters. so as far as i'm concerned, the switch is flipped. it's time to get serious. people shouldn't get mad at those critiquing roster moves. the season is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad