GDT: #1: FLYERS vs. Blackhawks, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You can only hope things get worse so they can get better.

The only way Sanheim gets consideration (mere consideration) for PP time is after Niskanen and Provorov suck on it.

The only way Frost/Farabee get consideration for a call up is when 4 or 5 of the bottom 6 get continually caved.

Similarly, the only way Morin/Myers get consideration for playing time is if the defense (Hagg) gets caved.
All of those things have already happened and never got fixed. No reason to believe they suddenly will be.

When coaches are dumb enough to f*** things up like this, they're also not smart enough to realize how to fix it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
All of those things have already happened and never got fixed. No reason to believe they suddenly will be.

When coaches are dumb enough to **** things up like this, they're also not smart enough to realize how to fix it.
I may be naive but I'm still withholding judgement of AV here. He has a legitimate track record of success and I'm still holding out some semblance of hope that he can make the right changes when needed.

I'm also convinced Fletcher sent Farabee down, not AV. That's pure speculation on my part, but it's my hunch, especially after the "I'd be surprised" quote.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The lineup they are going into tomorrow game with is a sub-90 point team. Without a doubt.

Not saying it won't change..but until it does..

They've sabotaged the bottom 6.
They've sabotaged the entire defense.
They've sabotaged both powerplay units.

Not starting Farabee is sabotage of the bottom 6 now. :laugh:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hagg himself is a massive problem, but he'd also going to hurt Ghosts play. So it's not as simple as saying "well we have more good defensemen than bad" when those bad D are going to sabotage the good.

It's like having a relay team with a dead body on it... the others can be elite, but that dead body will lose them the race.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It doesn't matter if 5 D are individually good if they are not paired up and used correctly.

Provy Braun SANheim Nisky will all be fine, do hope GHost can carry the slug

Ideal and hot garbage, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Most teams are bubble teams tho less maybe 7 or 8 league wide

I think we contend for top 3 in division , I guess we will see how wrong I am.

When you spend $15M+ some & some assets on players you brought over the summer & aren’t remarkably better than what you’ve been over the years yes that’s concerning to me.

Now we’re suppressing the guys that could potentially make a positive impact in a big way for this team for players who offer little to no upside.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Hagg himself is a massive problem, but he'd also going to hurt Ghosts play. So it's not as simple as saying "well we have more good defensemen than bad" when those bad D are going to sabotage the good.

It's like having a relay team with a dead body on it... the others can be elite, but that dead body will lose them the race.

But your best runner could still carry the dead body and compete.

The extremes you all are declaring is just wrong.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It doesn't matter if 5 D are individually good if they are not paired up and used correctly.
What does used correctly even mean? If Provorov, Ghost and Sanheim can only be good with the right partner, they aren't really that good to begin with.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Provy Braun SANheim Nisky will all be fine, do hope GHost can carry the slug

Ideal and hot garbage, it doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Braun on the top D pair playing against the best lines in the NHL every shift is going to be a problem.

Ghost is completely sabotaged until he's away from Hagg.

Sanheim - Niskanen is a fine pair..but did they even play a single shift together in preseason? Will they be used as 2nd or 3rd pair?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Braun on the top D pair playing against the best lines in the NHL every shift is going to be a problem.

Ghost is completely sabotaged until he's away from Hagg.

Sanheim - Niskanen is a fine pair..but did they even play a single shift together in preseason? Will they be used as 2nd or 3rd pair?

We have last change tomm

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Been a fan longer than most have been alive, cheering for this team so long , being optimistic before real games is the only time it can happen.

I will snap out of it soon, but I also want to enjoy cheering for the team

But I want to enjoy you b***hing at the team. You should start thinking of me and my happiness.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
At the end of the day, the things that we complain and debate about the very most around these parts in recent years are small parts of the larger picture. If the team can be motivated and adhere to an effective system and get good goaltending, it's a good team regardless of one defenseman or a couple bottom 6ers. Do they matter? Of course they do. But are those decisions make-and-break, and are they irreversible? No.

I disagree with most of the decisions made on that front in the past week. Yeah, I wanted to see Farabee in the lineup. I want my mans Myers in there over Hagg, all day. I also wish Nolan Patrick was in good health. But the team's success will be dictated by whether Vigneault's system is effective, and whether the team can buy in and correctly execute it night-in-and-night-out. And for all we know, we'll get to see some of those young dudes in the lineup before the month is over. We'll see some shuffling no matter what.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Not unemployed thankfully...but if I was this start time would be perfect.....

Better than viewing Judge Judy well-fare shaming people on trial....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad