GDT: #1: FLYERS vs. Blackhawks, Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, 2:00 pm ET [at Prague, Czech Republic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I know the sky is falling...but I’m gonna give AV two weeks. If we don’t win all our games then I’m done with him....lol

It sucks farabee got sent down, but it can only benefit him and frost in the long run. Hopefully they gain something from the experience.

I am disappointed about Morin though...I see no reason Hagg should be in over Morin. I’m gonna take a step back and let AV do his thing for a while until all the players are on the same page, and the lineup is set in stone. It’s gonna take some time with the new regime, and some growing pains along the way.

Hopefully Hart can steal us some wins while upper management tinkers with the lineup in the upcoming months. Regardless, im excited to finally have some flyers hockey back! Root em in!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just saw the D pairings.

This "super positive" thing is going to be a challenge.

Braun on top pair with Provorov who he didn't take a shift with in preseason. Ghost and Braun were excellent together all camp and preseason..LET'S SPLIT EM' UP!!

Hagg on second pair with Ghost..who he has historically destroyed.

Sanheim and Niskanen make sense as a pair but are the...3rd pair??

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Luckily I'm working from home tomorrow so I'll be able to watch the game but unluckily we have to deal with these bad roster decisions this early in the season. Like a lot of you I'm giving them a chance because Frost, farabee, Myers and Morin will all be up at some point this year. Praying for a hagg trade. I don't understand what they see in him that they don't see in Morin. Morin is better in every aspect of the game and showed that in the preseason.

It's also pretty weird to see Pitlick gifted a roster spot, what as he done to deserve that. Why not give NAK his fair shot? Oh well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know how it's weird to see a guy that Fletcher traded for who played 47 NHL games at 13:23 last season before he got hurt in the top 12. He also can't be waived until he's healthy, not that waiving him was likely.

It's like saying it's weird that Raffl (67 games at 11:25) is playing.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This thread is ridiculous. Puck hasn’t even dropped on the season and it’s doom and gloom immediately. Just give it ten games, that’s all we ask. If it sucks then, knock yourself out.

I kind of also commend those who can bring this kind of, optimism let’s call it.

For a fan primarily since ‘04, and a bit before. What the hell for. It’s like thinking your crappy old Ford Tempo is magically going to turn into a Ferrari because you put on some new rims. You were promised a new engine this summer, and they put in one from a lawn mower.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
This thread is ridiculous. Puck hasn’t even dropped on the season and it’s doom and gloom immediately. Just give it ten games, that’s all we ask. If it sucks then, knock yourself out.

We could screw over our playoff chances pretty easily in those 10 games.

Part of me wants to see the bottom 6 just get skull f***ed to expose these bad decisions for what they are. But watching the good players having to suffer through that sort of thing is getting really hard.

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hayes is liking protect puck himself. Voracek too. G needs puck to do great passes. Who is shooter? Speeder? Why are together?

Oskar-Couts-TK is only one line which I like.

Hayes has the highest career S% among Flyer forwards (12.9%). TK is second at 12.0%.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We could screw over our playoff chances pretty easily in those 10 games.

Part of me wants to see the bottom 6 just get skull ****ed to expose these bad decisions for what they are. But watching the good players having to suffer through that sort of thing is getting really hard.

Go check AV's first seasons in Van and NY, where his teams finished with 105 and 96 points.
9-10-1 in Vancouver, 10-10-0 in NY.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
lol i just realized this game is overseas..

i legit thought they only went over for preseason games..

no wonder the start time is all messed up..

ps ATTN: Flyers plz dont start out with a shitty 10 game track record.. i dont want to watch 70 + games of them being out of the picture already...

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It is going to be a bit hard for me to accept Myers being sent down to LHV out of all this.

You can make a case for Farabee and Frost, even though I don’t fully agree with that either.

There is nothing Myers is going to get from the AHL at this point. I don’t care if he did have an up and down pre season, this is poor development and blindly favouring the “experience” factor.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA

At least we should have a high lotto pick.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
At least we should have a high lotto pick.

All we have heard from ownership, management and even AV is how they expect this team to move toward contention.

They will squeeze water from stone by any stupid means necessary before they accept a high lotto pick. This organization is desperate.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Plus looking at a national reporter’s tweet about lines in practice and determining, based on the order he listed the defensive pairings in, that those are their actual order and intended usage. What, did they have big “3RD PAIR” stickers on their helmets?

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
I don't know how it's weird to see a guy that Fletcher traded for who played 47 NHL games at 13:23 last season before he got hurt in the top 12. He also can't be waived until he's healthy, not that waiving him was likely.

It's like saying it's weird that Raffl (67 games at 11:25) is playing.

Raffl is on his what, 6th year with the flyers? They know what he brings. How are those examples comparable? Pitlick has one 80 game nhl season and was doing well last year before he got hurt but that's not my point. I have nothing against Pitlick on the 4th line. I just don't think because Fletcher traded for him he should be gifted a spot after being hurt all off-season and preseason. You can't tell me we wouldn't be better off with CT on the 4th line and Farabee on the 3rd.

Im not all doom and gloom. I'm giving them a chance but it doesn't mean we can't question these decisions. Farabee might not have hit the score sheet but he certainly held his own out there.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This is sort of how I felt going into this year, and now with the way things seem to be unfolding.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad