Post-Game Talk: 1/21/18 - Vancouver Canucks 0 @ Winnipeg Jets 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What a farce on the part of Ron Maclean and Sportsnet with that Greg Adams bit.

They elect to show zero clips of him in a Canucks uniform, instead showing him wearing Nordiques and Detroit colours. The stat they decide to show is: 216 PIMs to lead the Whalers.

Basically they ignored the fact that his best years were as a Canuck. No line of questioning about him playing for the hometown team in what is supposed to be their Hometown Hockey feature. And all this on a Canucks telecast featuring the Cowichan Valley.

Why not show the double overtime goal against the Leafs? Maybe talk a little about his time as a Canuck?

Screw Sportsnet and screw Ron Maclean.

You realize that this is a different Greg Adams than the one who scored the OT goals in 1994, right?

Greg C. Adams played 12 games for the Canucks.

Greg Adams (b.1960) hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
My mistake.

And of course I know there are two of them. They should have referred to him as Greg C Adams.

And am embarrassed that I did not recognize the face was different. But I'm not good with faces - especially with the passage of time.

Ron Maclean and Sportsnet still suck though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Man Laine's stick is HUGE.
reminds me of willie mitchell.
overlengthstick.jpg

member 290103

My mistake.

And of course I know there are two of them. They should have referred to him as Greg C Adams.

And am embarrassed that I did not recognize the face was different. But I'm not good with faces - especially with the passage of time.

Ron Maclean and Sportsnet still suck though.

They did refer to him as "Greg C" at the end of the story and did say that there were two Greg Adams - and that this was the other.

Sportsnet does suck, but HNIC is better now that Ron MacLean is back. He's a bit douche-y and the whole Burrows things was an embarrassment, but he's still the best in the business, imo. Incredibly knowledgeable and carries a broadcast well. Worlds better than Strombo.

The commercial "this red light of mine" might be one of the worst I have ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad