Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Now that I've finished reading through the thread,

A few thoughts ,

For those worried about Chickrun's knees , it's not the 70's anymore . knee surgeries have a way higher success rate these days. Bobby Orr would have played way longer than he did if he played in this era.

Chickrun would balance out the Bruins D like you can't imagine, just what the doctor ordered. DS is bang pursuing this asset.

Did we all forget why the Bruins overperformed last season? It was Sway and Ullmark , it would work even better with the few upgrades the Bruins can make this season . You're paying the price for Ullmark or keep on walking. I don't give a f*** what anyone's take on this is . pay or move on. If the Sens decide to pass on Ullmark, then what? Bruins have all the leverage , don't be fooled.

Saw Sprong's name come up, really? Aim higher.

Poitras and Pinto have pretty much equal value at this point , which one would you rather face the Panthers with? Not saying trade Poitras , just saying don't disregard Pinto's value . There is room for both.

Not looking to make Lindholm rich, looking to better the team. Anything that starts with an 8 or higher , move on.

Monahan , for the right AAV, could be an asset. (3.75M max )

I see posters apprehensive about certain FA's You should be , there is a reason their teams let them get to FA status.

Poitras has Marc Savard potential in my eyes , but it's gonna take a few years . He will probably surpass Pinto at some point but we are ways from there .

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I had one like that from back in the day still in the box that I gave to a cousin. This one is steel, heavy steel. I can be bolted to a workbench type table. I rewired it a few years ago but otherwise it's a monster that I keep on the shelf in the basement. It has all kinds of parts. You bolt on the parts that you need depending on the job. There's a horn on the top to feed in the meat, and then all kinds of parts to do whatever. Thing is that it's a job and a half to take it apart after and clean it up so doing less than 5-6 pounds isn't really worth the set up, breakdown. Cleaning it after use is a complicated job.

Maybe he's an add-on to the eventual trade? Why else would that be a priority on a Sunday?
They're bored? Waiting for Ottawa to read the writing on the wall?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Now that I've finished reading through the thread,

A few thoughts ,

For those worried about Chickrun's knees , it's not the 70's anymore . knee surgeries have a way higher success rate these days. Bobby Orr would have played way longer than he did if he played in this era.

Chickrun would balance out the Bruins D like you can't imagine, just what the doctor ordered. DS is bang pursuing this asset.

Did we all forget why the Bruins overperformed last season? It was Sway and Ullmark , it would work even better with the few upgrades the Bruins can make this season . You're paying the price for Ullmark or keep on walking. I don't give a f*** what anyone's take on this is . pay or move on. If the Sens decide to pass on Ullmark, then what? Bruins have all the leverage , don't be fooled.

Saw Sprong's name come up, really? Aim higher.

Poitras and Pinto have pretty much equal value at this point , which one would you rather face the Panthers with? Not saying trade Poitras , just saying don't disregard Pinto's value . There is room for both.

Not looking to make Lindholm rich, looking to better the team. Anything that starts with an 8 or higher , move on.

Monahan , for the right AAV, could be an asset. (3.75M max )

I see posters apprehensive about certain FA's You should be , there is a reason their teams let them get to FA status.

Poitras has Marc Savard potential in my eyes , but it's gonna take a few years . He will probably surpass Pinto at some point but we are ways from there .
While not my first choice he would be a fine addition. Would need to coach him up defensively but he's had 30 es goals the past two seasons in about 11:30 min of ice time with stiffs. Would be no more than 3 mil and is only 27.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
1) sign Reinhardt 7x 10
2) Ullmark for Hertl
3)Dakota Joshua 4x 3.25
4)Dillon 3 x3.5
5)Duhaim or Sherwood 3 x1.55
6)Lauko for a 4th
For me bigger and better at C. Room for Potrais
Bigger meaner on D
Better scoring on the wings
Way tougher up front
Cap numbers work well they don’t!!
1. I like Reinhart, but $9M is the most I would pay
2. Hertl + for Ullmark, rather have a high draft pick. Hertl + 19 OA would do
3. Too much $ for Joshua
4. Same here little too high for Dillion
5, yes , prefer Duhaime, but either would be fine
6. Done

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
The NHL has probably asked to not announce the trade until the Cup is awarded. If an Ullmark contract extension is the only holdup I can't imagine it would take this long. Its either yes or no.

So my guess is that the trade will be made official tomorrow morning.
Ha! Guy told me Weds transactions heat up so I would imagine there will be a bunch of news then.

Reactions: Gordoff and kdog82

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I wouldn't assume that. Nathan Horton had chronic shoulder issues and he still had a good career until his back went out. It's worth at least looking at his medicals if it's a possibility.

Josh Norris has had surgery on the same shoulder THREE times (before turning 25). Two of those were the last two years. The last credible update on their board from a guy the mods do not delete (who has some inside info) came end of April and was

"The reality is that he will never been 100 percent and there will always be pain the amount of scar tissue isnt removable. Its about Norris adjusting to the injury and playing with it. Its possible but to think he will ever be the same as he was is wishful thinking. 3 shoulder surgeries before 25 is an insane amount of horrid injuries. That effect the entire body. Strength of surrounding muscles, his back over compensating etc. Thats not even taking into account the mental toll."

And that lines up with what I've heard. I'm one that doesn't pay 8M for that (till 2030!!!), and anyway he'd never pass the physical in time for the trade.

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
Tue is likely the earliest the Ullmark deal goes through. Bettman will want all the eyeballs on Game 7 tonight.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Josh Norris has had surgery on the same shoulder THREE times (before turning 25). Two of those were the last two years. The last credible update on their board from a guy the mods do not delete (who has some inside info) came end of April and was

"The reality is that he will never been 100 percent and there will always be pain the amount of scar tissue isnt removable. Its about Norris adjusting to the injury and playing with it. Its possible but to think he will ever be the same as he was is wishful thinking. 3 shoulder surgeries before 25 is an insane amount of horrid injuries. That effect the entire body. Strength of surrounding muscles, his back over compensating etc. Thats not even taking into account the mental toll."

And that lines up with what I've heard. I'm one that doesn't pay 8M for that (till 2030!!!), and anyway he'd never pass the physical in time for the trade.

I'm not a 25 year old pro athlete in his prime but I did have shoulder surgery once and it is awful.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The NHL has probably asked to not announce the trade until the Cup is awarded. If an Ullmark contract extension is the only holdup I can't imagine it would take this long. Its either yes or no.

So my guess is that the trade will be made official tomorrow morning.
Not sure about this narrative about waiting until after he cup before announcing IF the trade happens.

It will have zero impact on the game tonight. This isn't Gretzky we are trading.

It hasn't been announced because it hasn't been agreed to or its not happening to begin with.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not when I'm in charge
How is that what are you in charge of.
Usually I cut into steaks but one can also grind the side timings for burgers. It is a choice of preference. But, I can usually find ground beef for less $ if your not to picky regarding amount of fat ... and I'm not.
I am sure not many have small grinders in their homes, but if you do it is best to grind your burger, fresher and safer.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What if Donny goes badass.? Tells him

30 seconds. If you’re not in the process of saying “YES Mr. Sweeney” before that, this phone call is over.

:laugh:
"BADASS" do I take that as make a offer they can't refuse if that does not work next step someone wakes to a horse head in bed with them.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I knew he had two, did not realize he had three, YIKES !..... Too bad good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad