Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I go to my local Sam's Club and ask the butcher for whole uncut chuck roll. Yeah, buy in bulk then carve it myself and freeze what I don't cook right away. Save's me a little over $2 a pound. The Chuck portion is right next to the ribeye and usually contains some ribeye meat.

My mother was a gourmet, as is my sister Patter.

I possess no such expertise, but forgot to add:

If possible, get your beef from butcher counter, not prepackaged.

Ground beef, ground turkey, etc. from a butcher comes from the same source. Packaged beef, etc. comes from several different places, and both quality and possible disease are therefore difficult to trace. Same with cuts.

IF you have a consciousness, reputable butcher dept., they grind or proffer steak from one source ("animal"), and usually the same day.

Try the Cauliflower jigamabobbs. really good.

I'll, uh, keep them in mind. :)

Reactions: Gordoff and JAD

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Hey guys if we trade Ullmark in couple hours or days, who s going to be Bs goalies? Swayman not signed yet, Bussi not signed yet, can we really trade Linus before Sway is locked? I know he s an RFA but...
I don't think there is as big a rush to trade Ullmark as the media people want us to believe. It would be in Boston's best interest to have Swayman resigned before moving Ullmark ... even if that means waiting until later in the summer. Now, if Sweeney has his heart set on being in the first round this draft that may change things, but picking up a first for next year instead would be nice too, which could be done later. The players mentioned as trade chips may still be available, especially if they have reached agreement in principle. Assuming someone doesn't get a better offer in the meantime (that never happens, right Mr Sweeney?).

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The problem with beef today it sits in a Cryovac package in a box gets tossed around leaky bloody packages , there was nothing like "hanging beef"

Not to gross you out, but one of the single most disgusting episodes in my life -- easily top five -- was an "air compromised," prepackaged set of baby back ribs.

As soon as I slit the plastic, I was revolted.

Nonetheless attempting manfully to remove the white fat (sic) or whatever it is as quickly as possible, I surrendered to disgust and pitched it forthwith.

I rarely get ill, more a function of body's good will than anything else, but I don't mind informing, I barfed a bit.

Never again.

Stick with your butcher, an accountable human being who, if you are lucky, is also a knowledgeable, helpful, decent person.

They're out there, folks.

All is not lost.

I am on board with you, to me the main focus should still be two new center, wing to replace JDB and a couple fast, tough wingers for the third and fourth lines.

We have one in Portsmouth and it is awesome.

Shall check. Thanks to both of you.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don't think there is as big a rush to trade Ullmark as the media people want us to believe. It would be in Boston's best interest to have Swayman resigned before moving Ullmark ... even if that means waiting until later in the summer. Now, if Sweeney has his heart set on being in the first round this draft that may change things, but picking up a first for next year instead would be nice too, which could be done later. The players mentioned as trade chips may still be available, especially if they have reached agreement in principle. Assuming someone doesn't get a better offer in the meantime (that never happens, right Mr Sweeney?).
If Bruins want draft pick this year in deal then there is a rush

Reactions: bbfan419

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Just speculating. ... Sweeney may want Ottawa's 7oa but Ottawa is only willing to give up #25ov (formally Boston's).
Would a compromise do by taking Ottawa's first round pick next year? It should by lower than 7ov but higher than 25. Would that work? Ottawa is in a tough spot because they have to give up their first in either 25 or 26 draft due to league penalty. (Assuming that penalty still applies)

Second question: what do people think Sweeney considers the greater priority - adding another top 4 LD, or acquiring a top 6 preferably #1 center? No sure things in FA. It is a gamble that who you want will be there.

Lastly concerning Chychrun and his injury history ... it is hard to believe that he has been in the league 9 years already and he is only 26. Again, speculation, but some of his earlier injury history could be attributed to being young and not fully developed (core and stabilizing muscular strength) leaving him more prone to injury. Now at 26, and entering his later 20's, his body may be better developed and able to handle the punishment of the NHL. A risk that may be worth taking.

If Bruins want draft pick this year in deal then there is a rush
I included that, lol.

Last edited:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Sweeney needs to know exactly what he has under contract by June 30. He needs to know what cap space he has. So the Ullmark deal needs to be done then, and also the swayman contract

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just speculating. ... Sweeney may want Ottawa's 7oa but Ottawa is only willing to give up #25ov (formally Boston's).
Would a compromise do by taking Ottawa's first round pick next year? It should by lower than 7ov but higher than 25. Would that work? Ottawa is in a tough spot because they have to give up their first in either 25 or 26 draft due to league penalty. (Assuming that penalty still applies)

Second question: what do people think Sweeney considers the greater priority - adding another top 4 LD, or acquiring a top 6 preferably #1 center? No sure things in FA. It is a gamble that who you want will be there.

Lastly concerning Chychrun and his injury history ... it is hard to believe that he has been in the league 9 years already and he is only 26. Again, speculation, but some of his earlier injury history could be attributed to being young and not fully developed (core and stabilizing muscular strength) leaving him more prone to injury. Now at 26, and entering his later 20's, his body may be better developed and able to handle the punishment of the NHL. A risk that may be worth taking.

I included that, lol.
Sorry ...Anyways we will find out soon enough what his value is because he is going.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Sweeney needs to know exactly what he has under contract by June 30. He needs to know what cap space he has. So the Ullmark deal needs to be done then, and also the swayman contract
Agreed. Assuming Swayman signs, but Swayman is a fighter it could go to arbitration again. If that happens the $ may be off unless they reach an agreement on the way to an arbitration settlement. Which pushes it into the later summer.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

Lastly concerning Chychrun and his injury history ... it is hard to believe that he has been in the league 9 years already and he is only 26. Again, speculation, but ome of his earlier injury history could be attributed to being young and not fully developed (core and stabilizing muscular strength) leaving him more prone to injury. Now at 26, and entering his later 20's, his body may be better developed and able to handle the punishment of the NHL. A risk that may be worth taking.
The 25th pick isn't great to have in a 15 player draft, I hope they don't settle for it.

Center is by far the biggest need. Ottawa is about to have 3 centers making big money but it doesn't seem like any of them are in play.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The problem with beef today it sits in a Cryovac package in a box gets tossed around leaky bloody packages , there was nothing like "hanging beef"

I would bet on Pinto finishing the year over Poitras for one, Poitras, last 10 games he had zero goals4 assists, that was a result of him physically, not being ready for the grind. Pinto is better on faceoffs, had nearly a hit a game, blocked shots. Your making this about who is better, Pinto is ready Poitras is not. Bruin's are not getting Pinto, I get that but if they ever had the chance now you grab him and let Poitras develop, and maybe in the future we would have both and you and I might actually be happy.

1) My blinkered understanding is that OTT will not surrender Pinto, however much I wish otherwise.

2) If the Bruins handle him properly, and I believe they will, Matt will either begin the season in PRO to ease back into form after surgery, play off the rust, and grow his game.

My hope is that Poitras comes into camp with added weight and muscle. He needs both.

I'm not at all worried about any of the above. He seems like a good kid, and a clever center. If he returns to Boston, in my view he should do so as 3C, and given the result, management and coaching can take it from there.

Besides, I met him at Best Buy early last season (sic) and this apparently good Canadian boy meets with my approval.

So, there's that.

If the Bruins are smart, and I believe they generally are in developing young talent, Matt will be fine.

Work to do for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad