Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Snag is in the extension. But they continue to work at it. Ullmark's agent is in Vegas as well so maybe face to face gets it done. But I'm told Michael Andlauer had no issue paying the $1 million signing bonus for Ullmark on July 1, and is more concerned about him coming in at their price.
In Vegas....hmmm. You did once say "Vegas does things nobody else does". Something like that. I found that interesting.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Most Canadians don't care about the "Cup in Canada." thing, it's media drivel.
Most Canadians only care about the team they cheer for.
Not the hockey people I know here. Massive for the more casual Canadian fan, and important to a lot of hard core fans.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Only crappy part is he’ll be a UFA after this deal and could be gone if he has a good season..
DiPietro is still there if this happens thankfully. He may end up much better than Bussi from some things I’ve seen. Glad the B’s continue to have good options in goal even multiple years down the pipe.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
No doubt. Swayman was sensational. But my point is you can win with Coyle/Zacha. I’m almost 100% sure we beat Florida in ‘22/23 if we kept Coyle down the middle instead of Bergeron. Do you know why? Cause Boston had great wingers like Hall & Bertuzzi who left in the off season. If you improve the D, goalie and team toughness, provide more scoring from the wingers then this offseason was a success IMO. And this team can compete vs any team in this league.
I wish they say bergy and Krejci longer. And Marchand this year. We were winning without them when they were injured. I felt they could have sat them an extra game or 2, and maybe left Marchand this year for the next series.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You know everyone is basically there for the draft right?
68CABE4C-74CD-4C4F-AB57-D359C2FF513C.gif

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
put ullmark on that team.....apples to oranges

Makes no sense to spend assets to bring in a goalie when you already have one in house who’s brought you to within 1 win of the Stanley Cup at a much cheaper cap hit than what Ullmark will make. They are already paying Campbell 5m to ride the bench.

Ullmark hasn’t even proven he can be a go to guy in the playoffs yet.

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Only crappy part is he’ll be a UFA after this deal and could be gone if he has a good season..
The two way contract also carries some risk. They could lose him to waivers if he doesn’t make the Boston roster out of training camp and is sent to Providence.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Makes no sense to spend assets to bring in a goalie when you already have one in house who’s brought you to within 1 win of the Stanley Cup at a much cheaper cap hit than what Ullmark will make. They are already paying Campbell 5m to ride the bench.

Ullmark hasn’t even proven he can be a go to guy in the playoffs yet.

You need to look at the bigger picture.
No I never said it makes sense for them to bring in Ullmark. I said if he played for Edmonton, he would likely have a better playoff record.

You can not compare Bruins to Oilers.....Just like do you think he would have won Vezina if he was on San Jose or Arizona?

You need to look at the bigger picture and the situation, not just numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad