0 Congratulations to Florida

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Good. Next year they need to ban shout outs to draft parties. Nobody cares about the 30 people at a Dennys in Long Island watching Lou draft a guy that wont see NHL ice for 6 years.
Dennys? That’s offensive to Long Islanders. It’ll be at a diner, not some Pensyltucky attempt at one.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
First time during the draft I’ve ever seen the cup winning team not get congratulated even once. Is Florida the NHL’s most hated team?

Congratulations.

1719667707235.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did the league tell teams to speed this shit up? There was a lot less yammering on stage this year. Was fantastic.

They had a three minute clock that they never started on time so maybe not that.

Personally, the fellating of the Cup winners and the host city would needlessly drag out selections in previous years. It doesn't need to be there.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
no disrespect but the thing is when a team like Florida wins it's like no one won. If the Oilers or Rangers had won, we'd still be getting slapped in the face by their fanbases and continually reminded of their triumphs. Instead everyone moved on the moment the game was over and the title will only be remembered as a trivia answer in the future. Oh yeah, they did win that one year. Like remember when Carolina won that Cup? Vaguely.

I'm a EPL fan and when one of the southern NHL teams win it's like Man City winning. No one cares. Fans just don't want the Arsenals/United/Liverpool of the league to win because that actually feels impactful and meaningful.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Doesn't really fit here but also doesn't need its own thread.

Doesn't it feel like having game 7 and the draft/UFA madness almost back to back, that it kind of takes away from the victors of the stanley cup?

It just feels like its taking away a bit from the after glow of the finals. Boom this trade boom this prospect etc.

I was pretty sad with the result and kind of stepped back from hockey for a bit and I actually didn't even realize the draft was last night.

Start the season in September and end it in May? Who is with me

Reactions: Nemesis Prime

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
no disrespect but the thing is when a team like Florida wins it's like no one won. If the Oilers or Rangers had won, we'd still be getting slapped in the face by their fanbases and continually reminded of their triumphs. Instead everyone moved on the moment the game was over and the title will only be remembered as a trivia answer in the future. Oh yeah, they did win that one year. Like remember when Carolina won that Cup? Vaguely.

I'm a EPL fan and when one of the southern NHL teams win it's like Man City winning. No one cares. Fans just don't want the Arsenals/United/Liverpool of the league to win because that actually feels impactful and meaningful.
We really didn’t need a Rangers cup win. That would have been the most insufferable thing to hear about if it happened, above if the Leafs won. It’s already bad enough they shove the 94 junk down our throats too much as it is. More arrogance to the most entitled (and least successful) original six fanbase is a bad idea. You know if they won, Dolan would have threatened lawsuit on all 31 franchises if they weren’t congratulated at the draft because he owns The Sphere as well.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Are the Panthers that insecure? Enjoy your championship.
No just thought it was odd. To be honest we love the bad guys image.

They're used to having no fans they be aight
Hopefully you can win a cup soon! 67 is a long time and teams like Florida are winning while the Leafs continue to lose. Feels bad.

Nobody gives a shit about Florida that’s why
Sens fan… ironic. Brady gonna look good in Panther red.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
It’s times like this that I want to thank all the Swedish posters on HF for their incredible support over the years. :sarcasm:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Seems like no one cares about Florida. Not even their own fans bothered to show up to celebrate the victory.
Islanders fan? Enjoy Luo putting you guys into misery’s your own fans don’t even show up to watch “islanders hockey” also known as worse than watching paint dry. I don’t know this fake no one bothered to show up to celebrate their victory line but I guess salty losers are just salty.

Of course they deserve it, but I don’t think the victory is ruined for anyone because no other GM decided to congratulate them publicly during the draft.
No one said that lmao. Use your brain. It helps. I said it was odd. I didn’t say they should be fined lmao.

Last edited:

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Islanders fan? Enjoy Luo putting you guys into misery’s your own fans don’t even show up to watch “islanders hockey” also known as worse than watching paint dry. I don’t know this fake no one bothered to show up to celebrate their victory line but I guess salty losers are just salty.

No one said that lmao. Use your brain. It helps. I said it was odd. I didn’t say they should be fined lmao.
Relax. Stop being butthurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad