Player Discussion Mitch Marner

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It looks like they’re going to be the same team as last year without Bertuzzi. He may have a strategy but just has trouble executing it?
Isn't that what they said at the year end presser? We are not here to sell jerseys. Sigh.

Sadly the only thing that will wake this organization is missing the playoffs or fans littering the ice with waffles. My advice is you better come out of the gate like a house on fire or you are gonna hear it.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Bonus is paid. Game breaker UFAs Guentzel, Reinhart and Stammer are signed. Now is when he is marketable if ever, to a club wanting to make a push. As far as nobody can afford him, any club who doesn't have a player close to that level can move cap out. Not saying I think its pending but it was not going to happen before the UFAs were moved. Give it a day at least :)

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Isn't that what they said at the year end presser? We are not here to sell jerseys. Sigh.

Sadly the only thing that will wake this organization is missing the playoffs or fans littering the ice with waffles. My advice is you better come out of the gate like a house on fire or you are gonna hear it.
Explain this to me. If indeed most fans want Mitch traded, how does MLSE sell more Jerseys by keeping him? lol! Most fans outside this place want to keep Marner.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Bonus is paid. Gembreaker UFA Guentzel, Reinhart and Stammer are signed. Now is when he is marketable if ever, to a club wanting to make a push. As far as nobody can afford him, any club who doesn't have a player close to that level can move cap out. Not saying I think its pending but it was not going to happen before the UFAs were moved. Give it a day at least :)

Why isn't Ferris out today complaining about Guentzel's and Reinhart's contracts? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Explain this to me. If indeed most fans want Mitch traded, how does MLSE sell more Jerseys by keeping him? lol! Most fans outside this place want to keep Marner.
57 years without a cup pretty much tells me that the people running this team have no idea how to build a winner or do not care to build a winner. They just hired a Golf pro to run the show FFS. They are f***ing losers from the top down. But hey, enjoy the regular season. Maybe Mitch will put up 100 points before this team is punted from the playoffs in April.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
57 years without a cup pretty much tells me that the people running this team have no idea how to build a winner or do not care to build a winner. They just hired a Golf pro to run the show FFS. They are f***ing losers from the top down. But hey, enjoy the regular season. Maybe Mitch will put up 100 points before this team is punted from the playoffs in April.
So you have no answer why fans would buy the jersey of a player they don’t want on the team. Ok

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So you have no answer why fans would buy the jersey of a player they don’t want on the team. Ok
They all have their fans but that is no reason to run back the same 5 losers if you want to win and winning means playoffs. Like I said, enjoy the regular season because you are not going to see any playoff success from this loser core. Can't wait to see if Pelley shows his face anytime soon.

Reactions: rumman

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
A) I don't even know why I bother to look at HockeyBuzz

B) I don't know why I hope anything Ecklund writes would be anywhere near factual but him writing that Vegas and Toronto in talks about Marner gave me a moment of hope.

I don't even dislike Marner in any way. It could have been Nylander or JT.

I just was hoping for a bit of a change

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They all have their fans but that is no reason to run back the same 5 losers if you want to win and winning means playoffs. Like I said, enjoy the regular season because you are not going to see any playoff success from this loser core. Can't wait to see if Pelley shows his face anytime soon.
Thanks the next 7 months hopefully will be even more entertaining than last season. As for the playoffs, think positive at worst they are comparatively over fairly quickly.

Reactions: ToneDog

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
A) I don't even know why I bother to look at HockeyBuzz

B) I don't know why I hope anything Ecklund writes would be anywhere near factual but him writing that Vegas and Toronto in talks about Marner gave me a moment of hope.

I don't even dislike Marner in any way. It could have been Nylander or JT.

I just was hoping for a bit of a change

Not just Eklund but Frank Seravelli also said Vegas has been in talks with Toronto.

Let's hope it's true. :laugh:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I am not sure why people thought he would be traded lol. I always thought it was a longshot he would be traded. Especially today.
I’m not surprised and won’t be when he’s still a Leaf after our next pathetic playoff effort.
But that’s it, there’s no more rope or hope or leeway beyond that. Just to avoid confusion and parties getting bunched it’s not strictly a Marner thing, they’re all the same and I would be fine with the other marshmallows moving on as well.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Bonus is paid. Gembreaker UFA Guentzel, Reinhart and Stammer are signed. Now is when he is marketable if ever, to a club wanting to make a push. As far as nobody can afford him, any club who doesn't have a player close to that level can move cap out. Not saying I think its pending but it was not going to happen before the UFAs were moved. Give it a day at least :)

Yeah there are a lot of people here who seem to think today is the last day of training camp rather than Canada Day.

If they don't trade him, this season is done anyway.

I can accept keeping him as long as they don't give him an extension. It's fine to get punished for a season and not so much for another 6-8 years.

The only way I will be OK with an extension is if they do not give him a NMC, or give him one that kicks in later so that they can trade him when his current deal expires as that is better than losing him for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad