Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danton Heinen to 2-Year, $2.25M AAV Contract

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
okay, this is not bad, he is getting into prime too so maybe with the right linemates he can score ever more.

okay, this is not bad, he is getting into prime too so maybe with the right linemates he can score ever more.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Very good signing.

His ES production last year was ahead of Teravainen and only slightly behind Stamkos.

He was a player I didn’t like much when he was a soft-minute skill player but he’s developed a much more refined two-way game, plays higher leverage, is a bit more physical and even PKs a bit. Basically put up 2nd line numbers last year but isn’t getting $5 million because he didn’t play PP.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
terrific add

a guy who the organization has been interested in forever, heinen was definitely near the top of my wishlist

think he can add a lot of versatility throughout the lineup. whether he's shotgun with miller-boeser or driving a 4th line, you need players like this to win playoff rounds.

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Awesome signing! Great utility player that can move up in a pinch, defensively sound, and strong PKer. If we use these guys over our stars on the PK, we can help keep them fresher over the season.

Reactions: Indiana and vanuck

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
All these signings are a better value than the mean today and have a clear if not perfect fit on the roster. I'm still hoping for an upgrade on D but the forwards look about as good as they can without any of the major UFA wingers having any interest in signing here.
Debrusk was the next best add after Guentzel. Pretty sure we could have signed any of the bigger named guys but thankfully we have a GM with a brain. Stamkos is useless 5on5 and without Kuch, and point on the pp his numbers will drop. Toffoli at six is ridiculous, Marsh was ok but these guys are all old and could very well drop off at any point.

I really wanted Guentzel not gonna lie but he would have cost 10.5+ . Looking at who we got we got harder to play against and retained all the guys that got us off to such a great start.
Now the real wild cards this year is if Lekkerimakki can jump right to the team like fellow swedes EP and Hogs did that will be huge, there's a chance he could score 25 goals playing with Jake and EP.

Also I'm calling it now that Podkolzin will breakout this year and Raty will be on the team and perform well by Christmas.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This guy strikes me as a Suter+. Suter was always miscast on Miller's line but stuck there because he worked hard and tried to make up for his lack of skill with his motor. This signing now allows us to move Suter back down the lineup and also shift back to Center where he'll be more effective and we replace him on Miller's line with a more skilled, equally hardworking player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad