Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Babcock will follow Lou at that era will come to an end.

Dubas will hire his modern day coach

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
I don't think Babcock is that bad, the team just doesn't care. There are only 2 or 3 people willing to think about showing up.

He will still get fired, but it won't change the fact our players refuse to play hockey.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Joke coach should have been fired after last szn when he played Marleau 18 mins a game in a must win game while playing Matthews like 17 mins.

Which game was that? Unless I'm way off, I think in Game 6, Matthews played 3 minutes more than Marleau and in Game 7, Matthews played 4 minutes more than Marleau.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
A lesson for all hockey fans. If you have a stable backup who is doing their job, it doesn't matter if he is 39 years old, you keep him in tandem. This is an old wound but a decision that surprised me when it happened 2 years ago.

I'm not going to lay this just on the goalie, because the team has been playing from behind for a week. Game in and game out. Always the first penalized it seems also. However, my position stands. A solid backup is gold. Bonus points throughout a season. Don't tamper with what's working. The difference could be a numbers of wins during a season

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Keefe won't have much clout as an AHL-only guy.

Take it from us Wings fans, you don't want to go down that road after firing Mike Babcock. Players tune out the other guy much quicker if they don't respect him...

Half the Leafs' were coached by Keefe. Keefe has done almost nothing but win for years. From all accounts the players all love him and respect him. Rich Clune said, earlier today, that he would go through the end boards for Keefe.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm finding it hard to defend the guy any more. Something has to give and it needs to happen soon.

Third Degree Burns

Feb 12, 2019
its time for babcock to go...we have entirely plateaued. 6 f***ing million a year to dump and chase for 3 periods. father time doesnt stop for players and it certainly doesnt stop for mike babcock. his systems are stale. he rode the success of datsyuk, lidstrom and the like. thats almost a decade ago. Back to Back game 7 losses to the bruins. I am supposed to believe this year is going to be any different...hell you cant lose in the playoffs if you dont make them. do you want to continue doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It is what it is

The team is an absolute tyre fire and we need to start problem solving

Start with the coach, if that's not the problem you move to the roster

But the status quo cannot continue

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It would be nice of the Leafs to let him board the plane and then fire him once he gets off the plane. I mean losing your job in Vegas can't be all that bad.

Mar 26, 2010
Pair Reilly and Barrie. Put them both on the PP too. Ceci is NOT a first pairing defense man. Never has been. why would he be now? Bye bye Babcock.......
I would pair Barrie with a plane ticket out of Toronto. Good riddance.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Nothing is going to happen.

Tonight in Pittsburgh, the Maple Leafs third line consisted of a washed up guy who does not belong in the league and a small guy who does not belong in the league, both in the lineup because Dubas brought them in here.

Right now, the Leafs are below average team with the injuries.

The players brought in for depth, are proving to be useless.

Dubas will definitely keep his mouth shut. Once he opens it, people will start to ask him about things.

:baghead:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Regardless if you think team make up is an issue, coaching is also a major issue.

Denying that is foolish and laughable
back to back 100 point seasons

then we have a 50% roster turn over and the team is steaming crap

and you think it's coaching BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:laugh::laugh:

just stick to making game day threads

Reactions: Polaris1010

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well Daryl Sutter won two Cups coaching the kings. Strong disciplinarian coach would whip this team into playing shape.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Isn't there a good size of a list for either coaches taking over mid-season then winning the cup AND 1st/2nd year coaches just winning it all ?

There's gotta be something to that.

Reactions: Kurtz

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It is what it is

The team is an absolute tyre fire and we need to start problem solving

Start with the coach, if that's not the problem you move to the roster

But the status quo cannot continue
You have to start with the coach. I think most everyone can agree on that.
Then the players and the GM.

I get that people have their favourite players but when it’s not working, it’s not working.

Even Colorado has had to move guys like Duchene,O’Reilly,Shattenkirk,Barrie,etc.
Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago,Washington, all of them.

Sure they are good players but as a collection not so much. Your stars can’t all suffer the same issues after just skill.

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad