Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Babcock lasts the season, and we miss, or get bounced early, fire Shanahan and Dubas too.

If Babcock, the way things are going, lasts until Dec 1, that’s a gross misjudgement and gross misevaluation of what needs to be done.

If Babcock IS fired, then Dubas and Shanny have until the end of next season

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
It's going to be the same. People like to believe that they are so right that they'll keep sticking to it no matter what. After 6 months to 1 year, they'll slowly start hating that guy's weird lineup changes(because every single coach has them) and after that itll be same old **** 'this guy sucks even more'..'needs to be fired'..blah blah blah..Coaches only make very little difference which is why you have so much random **** happen in sports where all of a sudden a guy who hasn't even coached long takes a team very far or all the way to Finals. It's a lot of luck involved(especially in hockey where there's so many variables) and some people don't want to admit that at all.
Yes let's keep Babcock because the next guy might fail

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Keefe has currently a sample size of zero regarding coaching in a proper league. I don't see how Keefe has enough authority to coach superstars like Marner, Matthews or Tavares. He'll likely run into issues trying to please everyone.

We have a current coach who has a lot of experience dealing with star players and seemingly still runs into issues. Im willing for a change - it cant get any worse

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
no
that's on dubass and this wimpy no heart roster

It's scary when a person that old believes coaches make some huge difference. I mean, usually it takes way less time to figure some of this simple shit really. Team will start well for a few games under next coach and then because they've never had to work for anything in their lives they'll go back to same routine. I have been around ballerinas before, they're all the same and just care about fame, money, what to put on instagram, etc...If you aren't taught from a young age about proper behaviour, proper work ethic, etc, very difficult for it to change later on.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Babcock has lost the room.

It's been like that for some time.

The players are in full mutiny mode. 100%.

We might not see a victory until Babcock is gone.
well then we better strip this roster down

i don't want anyone like that in my room spreading that kind of cancer

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Maple Leafs have to keep Babcock, without a question that is the right thing to do.

To fire him now is a panic move.

Besides being cowardly scapegoating.

Therefore, I think there is a 50/50 chance Dubas shats his pants again and fire the man called Babs.

Kind of interesting. I thought we outta of the Ballard era. Guess I was wrong and time travel is possible.

:silly:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
literally no one on this roster does anything that gets the rest of the teammates pumped up

and nothing to get the fans into the game either

Reactions: Kurtz

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Coming up on 60 years as a die hard fan and Babcock has finally caused me to have no interest in watching this team anymore. Thanks boobcock.

So you watched through the Ballard years but this is what causes you to throw in the towel?????

Reactions: Buds17

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Babcock: Try harder
The players:
upload_2019-11-16_22-24-50.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad