Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Here's why I think Dubas won't fire Babcock this year, no matter how bad we are:

- Although I'm pretty sure he absolutely hates the way Babcock handles the roster he put together, his love towards Keefe is much stronger. He knows Keefe will be a much better fit, but not right now. He doesn't want to throw him under the bus and put him into this tough situation. The team is a mess, their morale is the lowest ever (thanks again Babs), this isn't really the time to take over, especially for a guy who never coached an NHL team.
- MLSE and Shanny. They've invested so much into this maniac they won't allow Dubas to fire him. With everyone cleary seeing there is a big problem with the guy, and no matter how bad he is he still got a resume, this whole Shanaplan was started with him, he was the face of the franchise from the day he got hired, up until Tavares and Matthews really took over last year. It was meant to be the perfect cinderella story with him, the "best coach of the world coming home to Toronto to win the Stanley Cup". They won't let it go and certainly won't fire the guy, they rather watch this season going down the toilet and let Babcock go in the summer (when his contract allows it)

And again, I'm 100% sure Dubas truly hates the guy. How they view todays game is the complete opposite. Kyle did everything to remove all of Babcock's toys in the past few years, yet somehow that old fart still operates the same ****ty way, because he thinks he is God, the best ever, who knows everything.

So at the end, I think we need to wait till next summer, and this will be the real pain Babcock was talking about.
Removed all of his toys and then gave him Shore, Spezza and Marincin

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Would a player like Matthews demanding a trade behind closed doors be enough to get Babcock fired? Got to think there are a few of these guys wanting away from this guy and the players hold the power in 2019.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Uncanny that it was almost 5 years to the day that Leafs were humiliated 9-2 by Nashville. The game that started the teardown and rebuild. But last night's effort was probably even more disgusting

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
It definitely looks like everyone has quit on the coaching, not just the players.ie. fans, media, management.

Reactions: Erdinger

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Well I said after last game that if we lost against the Pens, then every game that goes by without Babcock fired should be a failure for management.
Normally if a game is going badly you can just switch it off but last night's was much watch stuff to see a team not even going through the motions. It was the ultimate mail it in effort

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
The fact that we got spanked and Babcock didn't even try and change and lines and pairings up shows you everything you need to know. Actions speak louder than words. He's either incredibly dumb, or he was showing he just doesn't care any more. Any other coach in the league at least tries to find a spark with putting the lines into a blender. We just keep riding the same horse to a 6-1 finish. Embarrassing.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Well I said after last game that if we lost against the Pens, then every game that goes by without Babcock fired should be a failure for management.
everyone knew the Dubas/Babcock combo was a recipe for disaster, everyone but MLSE apparently, whoever is responsible for going into this season with the same coach needs their head examined.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If you've ever worked under a boss you hated, you can recognize the body language of the Leafs. The morale is gone.

I think Babcock has antiquated ideas and his system and assistants this year have been a disaster. But that's not the worst part. They've quit on this coach. It's that simple.

Every game that goes by with Babcock still coaching is time wasted on salvaging the season.

i've worked for people i hate.
but that doesn't stop me from doing my job to the best of my ability. most others. chances are because if you did you'd be fired.

they can hate them all they want but it shouldn't excuse them from not doing their jobs. people wanna talk about pride and crap about standing up for each other if they get breathed on wrong, well have some damned pride in your work. and just do it, hating your coach aside.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
i've worked for people i hate.
but that doesn't stop me from doing my job to the best of my ability. most others. chances are because if you did you'd be fired.

they can hate them all they want but it shouldn't excuse them from not doing their jobs. people wanna talk about pride and crap about standing up for each other if they get breathed on wrong, well have some damned pride in your work. and just do it, hating your coach aside.
Well said , well said
Hope your feeling better ...

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Just realized the leafs don’t even have their 1st round pick from the Marleau trade :eek:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
What’s the condition on the 1st round pick to Carolina? If leafs miss playoffs, it goes to 2021 or its top 5, top 10 preotected?

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
This team might not be that good, but it cannot be the bottom 10 IMO. It could be a bubble team which fighting the wild card spot, maybe 12th to 15th range.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
You guys all know all it takes is for Andersen to steal the next game and Babcock will be all “the goalie’s part of the team too”, deflect and “move on” “let’s get something going here”

Although I think Shanny is what would be stopping Dubas from bringing Keefe up, that’s his guy, he has all the amo to pull that trigger, if it doesn’t happen it’s because Babcock was Shanny’s guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad