Proposal: Zuccarello for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What are the thought of Zuccarello and Klein for Trouba (with possible minor adjustments)?

Reasons the Rangers do it:

1. Need to reload for the future so should trade vets for youth while the vets are still in their 20s and at the top of their game.
2. Need an RD.

Reasons why the Jets do it:

1. Zuccarello is a legit first liner. Can play both wings.
2. Fan favorite: more Ranger fans wear Zucc jerseys than anyone except Lundqvist. No doubt Jets fans will love him.
3. Underpaid significantly for what he brings to the table.
4. Good all around, not just offensively. Despite being short, he's very strong and can win battles in the corners (for those concerned about it).
5. Still very much in his prime.
6. Jets have Big Buff and Tyler Myers on the RD.
7. Klein is a phenomenal third pair defenseman and a more than competent second pair defenseman. He would be a decent replacement on Trouba.
8. Klein is also significantly underpaid for what he brings.

Last edited:

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I think the answer to this is a 'heck no' from the Jets POV. That's not even a trade proposal.

I'm not a Jets fans either.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not a good move for the Jets. Not only is it not in the best interest for the Jets to move a D for a forward (especially wing), Trouba matches much more from an age perspective to a new young group of Jets. Add in the difficulty around the league in finding young D, and RHD to boot, it's not a move I would think the Jets would even entertain.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets GM would probably hang up immediately and possibly block the Rangers number. This has no chance of ever happening, not even close... Not in the slightest. SHould probably do some research on the Jets, cuz the one thing they don't need are any more forwards, I mean, at least give the impression that you are taking both teams needs in to account.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Wingers are the last thing Jets need.

Laine- Scheifele- Ehlers/Wheeler
Connor-Little- Wheeler/Ehlers.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No on as many levels as one could imagine.

What makes you think that Zuccarello being a fan favourite in New York does anything for us? Why should we acquire a winger, when the team has a forward prospect pool to set the team's offense up for a decade? Why are we getting older at the one position in which we absolutely can't afford to do so? Why are we adding salary here? Why do we get yet another RHD back?

If you want Trouba, McDonagh comes back. Nothing else of interest in your organization.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Jets pass - Zucc is a helluva player but doesn't fit Jets team needs

Rangers would immediately take this though

As for McDonagh, despite Bern's inevitable appearance here saying he would, Rangers would pass on a McD Trouba deal, so probably no deal to be made here

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

As for McDonagh, despite Bern's inevitable appearance here saying he would, Rangers would pass on a McD Trouba deal, so probably no deal to be made here

Before he mentions me again, I say it here: I don't think the Rangers should do the deal at all. I also wouldn't like getting any older at defense, but I can't say no to upgrading from Trouba and balancing the handedness "issue", while also (most likely) reducing our payroll for the next three years.

It's just one of those deals when there's some thought behind the deal, but the few flaws it has are painful enough for the fans of both teams to decline.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What are the thought of Zuccarello and Klein for Trouba (with possible minor adjustments)?

1. Need to reload for the future so should trade vets for youth while the vets are still in their 20s and at the top of their game.
2. Need an RD.

2. Fan favorite: more Ranger fans wear Zucc jerseys than anyone except Lundqvist. No doubt Jets fans will love him.
4. Good all around, not just offensively. Despite being short, he's very strong and can win battles in the corners (for those concerned about it).
7. Klein is a phenomenal third pair defenseman and a more than competent second pair defenseman. He would be a decent replacement on Trouba.
What part of the Jets not needing Wingers but LHD is hard to understand. The Jets don't need Zuccarello and Trouba will be wanting more then what the Rangers would be willing to offer him. Don't you already have 2 overpaid D-man in Staal and Girardi.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
This, except I am a Jets fan.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Little - Stafford

Tell me where Zucc fits in that top 6.

I'm a Rangers fan and I think the Jets never do this ever, but right now Zucc > Stafford, Laine. Laine won't take long to be better but he isn't right now. Still trades stupid but Zucc is it that top 6 for sure.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'm a Rangers fan and I think the Jets never do this ever, but right now Zucc > Stafford, Laine. Laine won't take long to be better but he isn't right now. Still trades stupid but Zucc is it that top 6 for sure.

Yeah was going to say, Zuccarello is a huge upgrade over Stafford (HUGE). But I still wouldn't do the trade. Value is pretty good for the Jets, just doesn't fit need.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

2. Need an RD.

no, cause:

Jets don't need wingers and want LHD

LHD is the first need in WPG... does Ryan McDonagh play LD?

wrong
NY does not pass it up. esp since in my deal NY gave up 2 picks and got upgrades in return
while hate to lose sweet contract McD, Gorton will not reject younger RD

Before he mentions me again, I say it here: I don't think the Rangers should do the deal at all. I also wouldn't like getting any older at defense, but I can't say no to upgrading from Trouba and balancing the handedness "issue", while also (most likely) reducing our payroll for the next three years.

It's just one of those deals when there's some thought behind the deal, but the few flaws it has are painful enough for the fans of both teams to decline.

True
both sides gain, hurt in process

klamla

Jan 3, 2016

2. Need an RD.

The fact you have 2 reasons for NY and 8 for the Jets...... you selling something here or what?

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I would honestly give some thought to a base of McDonagg for Trouba.

I don't know if I'd pull the trigger on something but we have more of a need for a RD then a LD.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah was going to say, Zuccarello is a huge upgrade over Stafford (HUGE). But I still wouldn't do the trade. Value is pretty good for the Jets, just doesn't fit need.

Agree that the value is fine but it doesn't fit the needs of the Jets. All of the LOL NO comments are hilarious though. It isn't like a 30 point 3rd line tweener is being offered up.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
People need to calm down. I see the value being there as Zucc is a hell of a player. Just doesn't make sense for Winnipeg.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Would be tempting, but the Jets are burstin' with wingers and need a LHD. Would pass on this one, but the offer is decent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad