Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Gomez was 30.
Drouin’s career high as a 29 year old is less then Zegras had as a 20 year old and 21 year old.

I get the joke but it’s not even close to the same situation.
Moot point but Drouin as a 20-21 years old (his BD is late March so he played most of the season as a 20 years old) before being traded he had 53 points in 73 games as well as 14 in 17 games in the playoff under his belt.

The comparable between the two at the time of the trade (Drouin) and Zegras now is not unfair at all.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I pass on this. Something I was considering about 2 or 3 months ago but I really hate his WC's performance. Worse forward for the US and I was expecting more energy and better production after his rough season.

I'm with other Habs fans... Let someone else try to trade for him. We are out. Skilled perimeter player who is not really trending well and I'm not paying crazy high value for that.

We are interested but not desperate.

More on Habs trading away promising young D for a skilled forward that underperformed post trade. Maybe Zegras bucks that trend but he’s not a player I’d target and no real rush to trade Guhle like many in our fan base are

If you put that on the Habs man boards, I will say 90% say no.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Doesn't seem like a good fit trade. Guhle is going to be Montreal's #1 LHD and Ducks already have Mintyukov in that role. Ducks can run 3 offensive lines with Zegras in, and a very good chance of drafting a D in this draft. This can be revisited if Ducks draft Demidov and Montreal takes Dickinson/Silayev.
Bolded would make a ton of sense. I just think Ducks draft Dickinson/Silayev and we draft Demidov/Lindstrom, we'll see tonight!!!

Reactions: lwvs84

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think if you are looking at talent in the respective positions, maybe its close in value? What i hear about Zegras is that he "may" have attitude issues, but it all sounds like heresay to me - like a bunch of oldschoolers saying the kid is too cocky because he is flashy with his Michigan style goals.

That being said, It doesnt seem clear to me that Zegras is valued by all as a C, and Guhle's attitude is beyond question. I also think it is harder to find good D than good forwards. I'd actually like to get Zegras in mtl, but not at the price of what may be our best DFD in years to come. There are plenty of other prospects to start a conversation from without touching on our known values IMO.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
The Ducks' scouts would disagree.

And if finding good forwards were so easy, Habs fans wouldn't be sitting there praying that Chi and Ana pick dmen.
We are not praying anything of the sort.

We'll easilly take Buium or Dickinson if Lindstrom and Demodov are gone and trade Hutson for that F help. Lots of teams out there with players like Perfetti or Mcgroarty would take that deal.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Bolded would make a ton of sense. I just think Ducks draft Dickinson/Silayev and we draft Demidov/Lindstrom, we'll see tonight!!!
Agreed, except I don't think we draft Dickinson. Best case scenario for Montreal I think is if Hawks go Lev and Ducks go Silayev. Unless Ducks go off the board (which is possible, they may go Sennecke or another guy not many people are talking about), I think their top 3 is some order of Demidov, Silayev, and Levshunov. At least that's what Ducks fans are leaning towards.

Reactions: jfhabs

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
As much as Zegras would fill a need for the Habs, IMHO Guhle and Hutson are the two untouchables (within reason) of our many D prospects.

If we draft someone like Demidov our offence looks pretty damn good, and we get to keep Guhle.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The Ducks' scouts would disagree.

And if finding good forwards were so easy, Habs fans wouldn't be sitting there praying that Chi and Ana pick dmen.
hey thats fair, i just dont see it that way. One reason being that there are more forwards than D.

Also, the fans may be praying for the best FWD, but i think we should just take the BPA no matter what that means. I see the team as a collection of assets; taking the BPA gives you more value, which in turn lets you trade other assets for what you need. Im ok with them drafting a D.

As much as Zegras would fill a need for the Habs, IMHO Guhle and Hutson are the two untouchables (within reason) of our many D prospects.

If we draft someone like Demidov our offence looks pretty damn good, and we get to keep Guhle.
curious - does this mean you would make a deal for zegras that woudl include Reinbacher?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Habs: o hell na

U win with guhles in the playoffs not with zegras
Because if all the playoff games Guhle has won?

I remember how often it was said that Mantha will be a “playoff player” and turns out he’s just as bad there as he is in the regular season

I’m not even a big Zegras fan, but he’s certainly better than Guhle who’s nothing special whatsoever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad