GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Can I just say, I hate this f***ing site? Ever since twitter changed to X, those tweets that you link take forever to load unless you change the address from "x" to "twitter". Which I usually do, but I don't blame @Bill Peckerskull (or anyone else) for not doing it because he's just doing so much for this board posting this stuff. It's just that the admins haven't bothered to fix it, I don't know what it is but it's f***ing annoying when it takes like a minute to load those tweets with the x address.

Reactions: Azrael89

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A 3 playoff sample size is like 30 regular season games

E: I don't think Schmidt was ever bad, but he's one of those players who isn't worth it anymore similar to Henrique and Faksa. Just move on to younger players in those positions.

Well that is certainly a response :laugh:

Schmidt would be a very solid #5 for us, and one that could step into the Top 4 if injuries hit.

That said, he likely still gets $3M+ as a UFA, and the Avs can't afford that money anyways. Maybe if they could get him for 1.5 or less but I highly doubt he's going to sign for that little.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Can I just say, I hate this f***ing site? Ever since twitter changed to X, those tweets that you link take forever to load unless you change the address from "x" to "twitter". Which I usually do, but I don't blame @Bill Peckerskull (or anyone else) for not doing it because he's just doing so much for this board posting this stuff. It's just that the admins haven't bothered to fix it, I don't know what it is but it's f***ing annoying when it takes like a minute to load those tweets with the x address.
I used to change it because they wouldn't show up if you didn't, but now it works, so I stopped. There are some other sites I frequent, regarding other sports, that haven't even done that yet. Annoying AF. I agree that it needs to be fixed.

Reactions: MaKarter and LOFIN

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I can't get over the Skinner contract .:laugh:

With today's cap it's the same as 10M X 8.

To Jeff Skinner, an undersized winger who doesn't drive his line and sucks ass defensively. That's so much worse than Huberdeau and Bobrovski (at the time signing their contracts).

Botterill should have been banned from the NHL.

Reactions: dahrougem2

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I'll take Schmidt or TJ Brodie or Justin Schultz for 1.5M as the bottom six vet D; assuming we can get another player who can counteract their deficiencies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I can't get over the Skinner contract .:laugh:

With today's cap it's the same as 10M X 8.

To Jeff Skinner, an undersized winger who doesn't drive his line and sucks ass defensively. That's so much worse than Huberdeau and Bobrovski (at the time signing their contracts).

Botterill should have been banned from the NHL.
Lmao he really should have been

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Soo, assuming Guentzel is now getting at least 9Mx7. Unless he wants to take a bit less for Tampa, because Tampa.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I remember saying that the Skinner contract would be one of the worst in the league when he signed it, and some people here got very uppity about that statement

Reactions: Balthazar

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Have we traded Mack, Mikko and Makar for a pack of smokes and a 40 yet?

It's what the NHL needs today. It makes a splash everywhere and would raise the profile of the sport. But, also, what's wrong with smoking and drinking a 40 before every game? Kids need to learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00