Zegras Does It Again

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
The league was fine without that stupid review before, obvious offsides were called 99% of the time. Small ones come on its not the goal line

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He is getting so good at it. It’s almost undefendable when he is that fast.
I couldn’t believe on a podcast he was talking about working on backhand stuff in the summer and they asked him if he could to the Michigan on the backhand and he said no, it took me less than 2 mins to learn and it’s WAY easier than on the forehand. When I attempt it on the forehand I successfully scoop the puck about 2/3 of the time but on the backhand I do 9/10. Even doing it one handed on the backhand isn’t very hard. He said he’s worked on some sort of new trick so I’m curious to see if we see something crazy soon

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Agree, but it works and is effective. However, once defenders expect it, I expect him to be drilled in the process of doing it. Tonight thought we saw Zucc flopping around like a fish and that's an underrated part of the video:laugh:.
I just can't stand Zegras's TIK TOK STAR IMAGE.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
If his straight-line speed and agility were quicker, he'd be one of the best players in the NHL, IMHO.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
There needs to be an ability for the refs to apply some discretion that allows the refs to determine that the offsides had no bearing on the goal. The spirit of the challenge is not to prevent goals like this.
The spirit of the rule is to stop goals being awarded that are offside. In other words it protects sporting integrity.

Where do we draw the flexible offside line? 0.5cm, 1cm, 10cm? Or does it vary based on how many style points are awarded by 3 judges in Toront?

Perhaps if the puck nearly crosses the line we should award it, but only if it’s a pretty play. By the way how do we determine if a play is pretty enough where we should ignore the rules. What subjective criteria do we use or do we only use the rule if Zegras is the scorer?

There should be zero discretion. It’s naive to think such an approach wouldn’t cause all sot of controversy, including accusations of favouritism and match fixing.

Reactions: MardyBum

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
So let’s review offside calls that actually were onside, cool? In the spirit of getting every call right, and everything. Every onside should be onside.

Ya, it’s insufferable to me when you see a zone entry, then possession, and say “take it out again, that might have been offside 20 seconds ago.” The nhl has “fixed” bad reffing by giving them a redo on scoring plays- nah, just insist on better reffing, if you missed it you missed it, goal counts. Cannot believe we’re still paying for a ridiculous Duchene goal when the obvious solution is getting the ref some f***ing glasses or cognitive testing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Why won't this guy stop skilling it up out there?

When will he stop?!?
AggressiveMajesticElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

I’m bored of this move already. Love Zegras tho
It happens so rarely that it's still new and exciting, IMO.

Hopefully some goon lays this 🤡 out at some point. Torts is right.

clown-mask.gif

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Since when are ruled of goals thread worthy? He needs to find a new stick anyway the novelty effect has worn of on this type of goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad