Rumor: Zadorov has rejected a 4.5m x 4/5 yr offer from Canucks, Both sides want to get a deal done asap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
According to Rink Wide ( Jeff Pattersson, Irffan Gaffar of 4th period)

The Canucks offered Big Z a contract last week worth 4.5 million for 4/5 years. Offer was apparently rejected but its been reported that both sides want to get a contract done asap.

What do you think Big Z settles with? Either the Canucks go up on AAV or they give more term on years and make it a 6-7 year deal.

4.5 mil AAV would be a very good team deal for the Canucks.

I think there are teams out there that are very much in love with how Big Z plays and would offer around 5.5-6mil per year.

Canucks cant let him get to July 1st and allow Big Z to see those other offer but perhaps hes willing to take less to be in Vancouver.

Last edited:
Reactions: gsharpe and Fatass

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If he thinks he can get 6x6 on the market, this seems like a fairly large gap?

Thats probably where the City itself plays a factor and Vancouver hopes to have an edge being where the city is regarded on a world level.

His family has absolutely fallen in love with Vancouver the city according to Zadorov himself.

Reactions: Forge

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Signing Zadorov and letting Hronek walk seems like a decision they'll regret for years

They haven't even seen him give up and start whining yet.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

They dont even play the same side.

Canucks can easily choose to sign both and let Lindholm/Joshua walk and replace those players via free agency.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I like Z. I’m not sure Canucks fans will like him when his new contract comes in

For Canuck fans not to like his new contract, i think the AAV would have to start with a 6.

I think most Canucks fans would be happy with an AAV of around 4-5.75 mil AAV

Big Z is an absoloute monster. He is a bully when it becomes playoff time. Canuck fans absoliutely love what he brings to the table, the contract would have to be extremely overpaid for them not to like it.

Also lets be honest, winning changes perception. Look at the Oilers for example, is anyone complaining that Darnell Nurse has 2 points in the playoffs and is a minus player while making 9+ milll?

Canucks will be happy with the contract as long as they continue to progress and go deeper in the playoffs.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
For Canuck fans not to like his new contract, i think the AAV would have to start with a 6.

I think most Canucks fans would be happy with an AAV of around 4-5.75 mil AAV

Big Z is an absoloute monster. He is a bully when it becomes playoff time. Canuck fans absoliutely love what he brings to the table, the contract would have to be extremely overpaid for them not to like it.

Also lets be honest, winning changes perception. Look at the Oilers for example, is anyone complaining that Darnell Nurse has 2 points in the playoffs and is a minus player while making 9+ milll?

Canucks will be happy with the contract as long as they continue to progress and go deeper in the playoffs.

Oiler fans constantly dream of what they could do with nurses cap space.

Like ya it's not going to cripple a team it's just not ideal

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lol please sign him to 6 a year nothing would be better than seeing that blow up in their faces.

2 thoughts on this.

1. The whole purpose of some players taking less , or being on a team friendly contract is so that the team can spend the extra money elsewhere and perhaps overpay. With the Likes of Hughes, Miller and Demko being on extremely very good team friendly contracts, the Canucks can somewhat overpay elsewhere. Giving Big Z a 500k-1mil overpayment would certainly be worth it in my books with what he brings to the team.

2. 6mil? Canucks hates Myers contract of 6mil, but Myers played like an absolute beast these playoffs and was actually worth the 6mil this season. Big Z probably played like a 7mil dman for the Canucks. As long as he plays like he did, 6mil wouldnt even be so bad especially with cap going up. 6mil certainly isnt enough to "blow up in their face"

I think Z takes less than 6mil AAV and gives Van a discount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad