Player Discussion Zac Jones

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
That's why I don't read him. That makes no sense. Once Lindgren is back, there's no reason to carry 8 dmen and continue to use LTIR. Mancini is waiver exempt and will almost certainly be sent down. The only other option is to send down one of our exempt forwards (Cuylle, Rempe, Edstrom), but then we'd have no spare forwards until Vesey comes back.
This is how I see it going. I may catch some flack here, but I see Lindgren being traded this off season, and probably not the TDL unless we get a GREAT offer for him. Jones is a keeper, and Mancini as insurance makes it so we don't need to shop for a D at the TDL. If we deal Lindgren we are an injury away from Ruh or Mackey or another AHL level D man. That would be BAD in the post season...
In the same way, I think Berard and Othmann are forward insurance against having to make a TDL deal for forward help, assuming Chytil stays ambulatory.
I think if we make a TDL deal at all it's from a position of STRENGTH.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
This is how I see it going. I may catch some flack here, but I see Lindgren being traded this off season, and probably not the TDL unless we get a GREAT offer for him. Jones is a keeper, and Mancini as insurance makes it so we don't need to shop for a D at the TDL. If we deal Lindgren we are an injury away from Ruh or Mackey or another AHL level D man. That would be BAD in the post season...
In the same way, I think Berard and Othmann are forward insurance against having to make a TDL deal for forward help, assuming Chytil stays ambulatory.
I think if we make a TDL deal at all it's from a position of STRENGTH.
Lindgren as insurance? I buy it. Othmann and Berard as forward depth? Ok. But I would not call them insurance. Brodzinski is more of the insurance player as he can play center, play on the PP if needed, is pretty versatile but at a low level of quality. The youngins... unless they undergo some substantial development in Hartford, are still liabilities with promise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad