GDT: YST G1 | Oilers vs. Canucks | 8:30PM | Streamed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
During the Gretz years every player was asked the same question 1000 times

Pat Hughes was interviewed after he scored 5 goals in one game and one of the first question was "So--did the advice Gretz give you help you score the goals"?

Yeah, but Gretzky was already the greatest player in the game. McDavid hasn't played a single game yet.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't really agree. I'm sure he's aware that he has a ways to go to become an NHL player and he had no problem coming over in jr.

As for the above question I'd expect him to be the ECHL starter to begin the year (unless one of Scrivens or Nilsson gets claimed on waivers after camp). I also expect him to see some time backing up Brossoit in the AHL, especially if injuries occur. My expectations are a guy who could be a backup in a few years (whether its with the Oil or not will depend on how the guys ahead of him on the depth chart perform). Could surprise and be a starter someday, but that would be a very nice surprise more than anything.

He signed a 2 year ELC; why do you say that?

That said, the backup job could/should be wide open next year assuming Talbot takes the reins this year and is re-signed.

He had more offers to resign here in Europe for good money(not great) and I think a year in the ECHL may cause him to question just what he wants

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
2-3 years in the AHL

But my little voice tells me he is not willing to do more than 1 year in the AHL

He signed a 2 year ELC; why do you say that?

That said, the backup job could/should be wide open next year assuming Talbot takes the reins this year and is re-signed.

Thank you, also don't underestimate the Finnish elite league, hopefully he surprises a lot of people and is ready to take the backup job next offseason and in time ends up being the #1 answer.
Would make things a lot easier and he is the right age, should be a great fit with your young core guys.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I just took a look at the Jets, Flames stream on Sportsnet, which will be the same as the one for tonight. The picture quality is nice (for a rookie tourny stream), audio is a bit scratchy but the commentators seem pretty decent.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm excited about this.

First it was McDavid I really wanted to see...of course it still is. Then Nurse, Draisaitle, Reinhart, and Slepyshev.

Now I really want to see how Moroz and Chase represent their respective responsibilities.

Gonna be a fun game tonight!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Thank you, also don't underestimate the Finnish elite league, hopefully he surprises a lot of people and is ready to take the backup job next offseason and in time ends up being the #1 answer.
Would make things a lot easier and he is the right age, should be a great fit with your young core guys.

Some people have a phobia about european leagues. Swedish and Fins leagues are good

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I can't help but say to myself, "look at this loser," every time a Calgary prospect touches the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad