Proposal: Your top winger to New Jersey

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I wouldn't have Zacha off limits in a Boeser deal, but I don't think I'd do NJD 1st 2022, Zacha, AND Shak. I personally would probably do NJD 1st (top 5 protected), Shak and McLeod for Boeser but I really love Boeser so not sure I speak for all of the Devils fans lol

and yeah, chances are Shak is probably 2 years away. He was our 3rd pick in last year's 1st round, and I think Fitzgerald wanted to take a swing for the fences which I was okay with.

If it's NYI 1st + either Zacha or Sharangovich + Shak for Boeser (and small add if needed) then that's a yes IMO. Without a roster regular forward (Vancouver needs centers but I think Zacha used to play up the middle?) coming back, strictly banking on Shak who's a project would be too much of a gamble for my liking.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I don’t love boeser at all I would not do these deals. I am also not trading our 2022 first. If I’m trading a lot of good assets I’m looking at Mathew tkachuk not Brock boeser

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
the devils might be in the recycling business, but they won't pay for other team's waste.
what about montreal retaining 1.5 million on drouin for a 2022 2nd . drouin out of the spotlight in montreal could actually hits 60 points with one of those centers . change of scenery could do wonders for him .

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think the Devils will be better off when they realize Hughes will be better off as a winger like a Marner or a Kane.

Foote Hischier Hughes
_______ Zacha _______
This is so wrong on a bunch of different levels.
Hughes is amongst the top of the league in takeaways , penalties drawn , zone entries . He is doing very well at C as a 19 year old that has not yet filled out and is still growing . I have zero concern about his ability to be a C in the NHL

Reactions: Smitty426

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
This is so wrong on a bunch of different levels.
Hughes is amongst the top of the league in takeaways , penalties drawn , zone entries . He is doing very well at C as a 19 year old that has not yet filled out and is still growing . I have zero concern about his ability to be a C in the NHL
Yup hockey fans who don’t follow the devils think that jack Hughes is a winger and Pavel Zacha is a center when really it’s the complete opposite. Jack Hughes is a center and Pavel zacha is a winger

Reactions: Scorcho

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Yup hockey fans who don’t follow the devils think that jack Hughes is a winger and Pavel Zacha is a center when really it’s the complete opposite. Jack Hughes is a center and Pavel zacha is a winger

I follow NJ well and know what both players play majority of the time.

Zacha would be a great #2 C and Hughes will still do the same things if put in the wing.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

Zacha would be a great #2 C and Hughes will still do the same things if put in the wing.
I don’t think the devils will ever put Hughes on the wing. Zacha has played center most of his career and is ok but then moved him to left wing and he is a completely different better player

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017

I too used to think Hughes would be better as a wing but I was wrong. He is a center thru and thru and he will only get better as a center. He is pretty bad at faceoffs still but he plays the game as center

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

You have not seen these two in the last two wks then. It's opposite of what your implying

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Nico Hischier for Jumi Jurmo and a 2022 1st round draft pick.

If Vancouver needed a center then I'd probably be down for that, Joni Jurmo's not a 1st round pick (but was touted as a 2nd or 3rd pick) but his current value's probably still lower than Shak's, plus Vancouver's pick would probably be worth less (at least based on current standings). 1st and decent project prospect would be good for a solid center like Hischier.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If Vancouver needed a center then I'd probably be down for that, Joni Jurmo's not a 1st round pick (but was touted as a 2nd or 3rd pick) but his current value's probably still lower than Shak's, plus Vancouver's pick would probably be worth less (at least based on current standings). 1st and decent project prospect would be good for a solid center like Hischier.
Um what? ....seriously ... what?
The original counter offer was being a smart ass . He thought the one offer was ridiculous so he made a ridiculous offer to try and show how bad the offer was. At least I hope so as his offer was garbage

Nico should not be in any trade proposals as the Devils would not trade him in a million years unless a GM called offering a player like Eichel one for one . Nico just signed for 8 years and was named the teams Captain.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I’d try to do something to not have to include Mercer. I think he is going to be as valuable (or more so) than Holtz. Pretty much any prospect but Holtz and Mercer. How about Foote in exchange of Mercer plus ?

I would really hope to squeeze Mercer in there.

From a Flames perspective we are lacking RWs and I like his potential. I've seen him play live a bunch and believe he will turn into a very solid second line sniper.

Ty Smith is also very interesting but I doubt he is on the table.

At the end of the day we are bound to lose any trade we make with Gaudreau because he is going to absolutely light it up with this new team.

Getting back Wood (Sutter type player) Mercer and and either the late first/early second is an alright but not overly great package.

Like I said any trade with Gaudreau involved is going to haunt the flames for a long time.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

lol No you very very clearly don't. Zacha is a f***ing dog shit center. Hughes is a center at his core.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You have not seen these two in the last two wks then. It's opposite of what your implying

Or literally ever. Zacha has always been AWFUL in the middle and better on the wing. I've been saying for years he belongs on the wing. Hughes has always been a center. Even last season he struggled far more on the wing than he did in the middle

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I wouldnt base a career on a couple weeks. I would develop them gradually especially a top line of Foote Hischier and Hughes

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Nico Hischer for Jumi Jurmo and a 2022 1st round draft pick.
the person you are replying to is a vancouver fan. so why attacking the devils fan base with a joke proposal?

or do you simply wanted to show, that you haven't mastered the spelling of joni jurmo?

Reactions: Hisch13r

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I wouldnt base a career on a couple weeks. I would develop them gradually especially a top line of Foote Hischier and Hughes
Zacha has 5 yrs in, he developed not great until he went to the wing. Devs will only play him there if need be. If Hughes adds more weight and muscle this off season again he will be exactly what we need in a C. He is responsible to supporting the D, backchecks well, is active in all 3 zones. Unless he falls off a cliff (could be better in the dot for sure) he's a C.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don’t know what the Decils would do for a legit top 6 winger. It’s hard right now as they are waiting to see how Holtz Foote Mercer will look like coming up add in Bratt and Zajac and not sure exactly what we need

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Well, you clearly don’t—at least not this year. Zacha has looked like an entirely different player as a winger, and Hughes has been excellent defensively as a center.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad