Proposal: Your top winger to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I'd do it too. I also like Mercer more than Holtz. Tyce Thompson is a bit of a sleeper prospect, but I think he could be a nice middle six center.

That's simply horrible for Calgary. That's like trading a dollar for two quarters, a dime, and a nickel.

You don't sell low on an asset like Tkachuk despite his poor season. He's one year from removed from leading this team in scoring as a 21 year old..

If the devils want Tkachuk it takes Hischier or Smith being involved and working from there.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Brock Boeser for Shakir Maratovich Mukhamadullin and a 2022 1st round draft pick

well damn lol I would strongly consider this one too, but I'd need conditions on the 2022 1st (maybe top 5 protected?)

or I'd do it with the NYI 1st, Shak, and add more to that

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brock Boeser for Shakir Maratovich Mukhamadullin and a 2022 1st round draft pick
That's a good offer, and in a draft like this where there is no clearly defined franchise player, NJD might consider it. Only problem is, don't they really need D help? And isn't this a draft that is strong in that area.

For them I would.hold onto their pick, and their young D prospect. Wingers are the easiest thing to find.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Some yes some no. I dont think Greenway is in the same company as a few of them. Could he be one day, sure, now no IMO
Greenway is still developing, and is more of a niche player. A middle sixer, but an option on a top line where you have two skilled water bugs who aren't much for board battles, or physicality. He can do that, and is a sneaky good passer, also.

I think he will be very hard to pry away from MN, in any event. He and JEE are joined at the hip, and are likely to be part of the core of the team for the next 7-8 years.

Reactions: Smitty426

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That's simply horrible for Calgary. That's like trading a dollar for two quarters, a dime, and a nickel.

You don't sell low on an asset like Tkachuk despite his poor season. He's one year from removed from leading this team in scoring as a 21 year old..

If the devils want Tkachuk it takes Hischier or Smith being involved and working from there.
In a vacuum or just on the ice, sure, you're correct. Do you want to qualify him at 9M? It's not just the assets, it's the cap space. Tkachuk at 9M isn't as valuable at he is at 7M.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
That's a good offer, and in a draft like this where there is no clearly defined franchise player, NJD might consider it. Only problem is, don't they really need D help? And isn't this a draft that is strong in that area.

For them I would.hold onto their pick, and their young D prospect. Wingers are the easiest thing to find.
I think you are thinking this year, where they are talking '22. Because isn't Shane Wright to current front runner for a bit now in '22?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Their best bet is to pull another Palmeri trade for a guy that’s stuck lower on the depth charts and gets squeezed due to cap constraints. Doesn’t always work out (Andres Johnsson, Nikita Gusev), but it’s worth the risk for when it does work out

Reactions: banks

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
Tyce Thompson
Dawson Mercer
NYI 2021 1st
Andreas Johnsson

for

Matthew Tkachuk

I'd do it. And I love Mercer maybe even more than Holtz.
This is an easy pass. If Tkachuk is getting traded, then Nico Hishier is going back the other way.

MT is having the first down season of his NHL career, but he is still only 23 years old. Calgary would be selling low and this proposal doesn't even have NJ 1st rd pick. The NYI pick is going to be in the 20s or later in a weak draft. The aftermath of the Bennett trade hurts a lot for Flames fans, but I bet trading Tkachuk just before he hits his prime is going to be so much worse.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
well damn lol I would strongly consider this one too, but I'd need conditions on the 2022 1st (maybe top 5 protected?)

NJD 2022 1st and Shak is a solid foundation for a trade but Boeser's a 1st line winger on a value contract and barely in his prime (only 24) so I'd want a little more (esp. since Vancouver's not in a hurry to move him). Switching to NYI's pick drops it quite a bit in value since NJ probably won't be contending yet by next offseason while New York's going to go for playoff runs, so that's a no-go IMO, plus isn't Shakir still in project territory? (Pardon my ignorance if you think there's more, only really heard of his name in the draft last year). I'd want another piece coming back also, preferably a young center (I'd guess Zacha and Sharangovich are off limits, as are Hughes and Hischier, but what upside does Michael McLeod have at this point?).

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

What would be the interest on JT Miller?

I'd rather keep Boeser around as he's younger (and we'll be rebuilding again soon enough).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This is an easy pass. If Tkachuk is getting traded, then Nico Hishier is going back the other way.

MT is having the first down season of his NHL career, but he is still only 23 years old. Calgary would be selling low and this proposal doesn't even have NJ 1st rd pick. The NYI pick is going to be in the 20s or later in a weak draft. The aftermath of the Bennett trade hurts a lot for Flames fans, but I bet trading Tkachuk just before he hits his prime is going to be so much worse.

I was simply responding to what that other poster had asked for

Nico is not available unfortunately.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
NJD 2022 1st and Shak is a solid foundation for a trade but Boeser's a 1st line winger on a value contract and barely in his prime (only 24) so I'd want a little more (esp. since Vancouver's not in a hurry to move him). Switching to NYI's pick drops it quite a bit in value since NJ probably won't be contending yet by next offseason while New York's going to go for playoff runs, so that's a no-go IMO, plus isn't Shakir still in project territory? (Pardon my ignorance if you think there's more, only really heard of his name in the draft last year). I'd want another piece coming back also, preferably a young center (I'd guess Zacha and Sharangovich are off limits, as are Hughes and Hischier, but what upside does Michael McLeod have at this point?).

I wouldn't have Zacha off limits in a Boeser deal, but I don't think I'd do NJD 1st 2022, Zacha, AND Shak. I personally would probably do NJD 1st (top 5 protected), Shak and McLeod for Boeser but I really love Boeser so not sure I speak for all of the Devils fans lol

and yeah, chances are Shak is probably 2 years away. He was our 3rd pick in last year's 1st round, and I think Fitzgerald wanted to take a swing for the fences which I was okay with.

What would be the interest on JT Miller?

I'd rather keep Boeser around as he's younger (and we'll be rebuilding again soon enough).

hmm, Miller is intriguing, though not sure that Fitzgerald would have interest as he has constantly harped on acquiring players 26 and younger and Miller is 28 already.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Jason Zucker is perfect for you guys. 2 years left on his contract after this season yearly a 20 goal 20 assist guy
BryAm Rust would cost you 1st and some quality prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad