your team's top 10 prospects

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Wild have a pretty definitive top three: Danila Yurov, Jesper Wallstedt, Zeev Buium

After them: Liam Ohgren, Marat Khusnutdinov, Riley Heidt, Daemon Hunt, Carson Lambos, Jack Peart, Ryan O'Rourke, Charlie Stramel, Rasmus Kumpulainen, Aron Kiviharju.

Nothing much to be excited about *is* the brand.

Reactions: DaveG and wetcoast

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
My new SJS ranking. I actually think we have the best pool in the league for the first time ever. It lacks a goalie, and that #1 RHD, but I think Celebrini/Smith as the 1/2 out-do any other teams top end.

1. Celebrini
2. Smith
3. Dickinson
4. Musty
5. Muhkamadulin
6. Bystedt
7. Chernyshov
8. Haltunnen
9. Edstrom
10. Cagnoni

HM: Graf, Pohlkamp, Sahlin-Wallenius, Havelid, Guschin, Rimashevskiy

Insanely deep. The depth players in the pool are also all 6'2 and up...Grier is building a nice system.
That's the problem with drafting Haltunnen ahead of goalies like Hrabal, Augustine, Fowler, Clara, even Zavragin and Volokhin. You could have your goalie of the future in the pool right now. Oh well, I guess you'll have to trade for it, but your asset pool is deep enough to be able to acquire that 1G when needed

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
That's the problem with drafting Haltunnen ahead of goalies like Hrabal, Augustine, Fowler, Clara, even Zavragin and Volokhin. You could have your goalie of the future in the pool right now. Oh well, I guess you'll have to trade for it, but your asset pool is deep enough to be able to acquire that 1G when needed
Goalies are weird, so I understand why they haven't drafted one high yet. If you look at most of the top goalies in the league they were drafted outside of the top-2 rounds/signed in free agency/traded for. You have to be pretty confident in drafting one in the top-40. With that said I'd love to have an Augustine/Fowler/etc. in the system, but not really a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My new SJS ranking. I actually think we have the best pool in the league for the first time ever. It lacks a goalie, and that #1 RHD, but I think Celebrini/Smith as the 1/2 out-do any other teams top end.

1. Celebrini
2. Smith
3. Dickinson
4. Musty
5. Muhkamadulin
6. Bystedt
7. Chernyshov
8. Haltunnen
9. Edstrom
10. Cagnoni

Insanely deep. The depth players in the pool are also all 6'2 and up...Grier is building a nice system.

For me the great value is getting Musty, Bystedt, and Chernyshev so late into the 1st/2nd. The top few on the list are about what you'd expect for the draft capital involved.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio

1. Celebrini
2. Smith
3. Dickinson
4. Musty
5. Muhkamadulin
6. Bystedt
7. Chernyshov
8. Haltunnen
9. Edstrom
10. Cagnoni

Pool could be even better if you drafted Casey and Hutson instead of Lund and Havelid

:nashville
1.Askarov
2. L'Hereaux
3. Kemell
4.Svechkov
5.Molendyk
6. Wood
7. Gibson
8. Surin
9. Stiga
10. Del Gaizo

Something like that.
I would put Stiga and Surin ahead of Gibson, based on pure potential. Gibson was a bit of reach by Detroit in the 2nd round last year and there's no guarantee he makes it. Even if he does, he's likely a 5D or 6D for the Predators

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yager
Blomqvist
Pickering
Koivunen
Brunicke
Murashov
Ponomaryov
Howe
Broz
Jarventie

The only consensus I think you will find is Yager and Blomqvist 1 and 2 for the Pens. After that it’s a big mishmash and it depends on how you value upside vs likelihood to make it. I doubt you’ll find many top 10 lists that match right now.
For me (I don’t do goalies)

Yager
Ponomarev
Pickering
Koivunen
Ilyin
Broz
Brunicke
Howe
Poulin
C. Lucius

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
:leafs:

1. Cowan
2. Minten
3. Niemela
4. Hildeby
5. Danford
6. Tverberg
7. Grebyonkin
8. Chadwick
9. Abruzzese
10. Voit

Spitballing beyond the top 6 there.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I forgot about Ilyin. He is in my top 10. I’m more of a gambler on prospects so I value higher upside over safer which is why I have Pono lower despite the fact there’s like a 90% chance he is an NHL player.
I agree on upside > readiness/floor but im just not convinced any of the other forwards upside is that much higher than his haha

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Do the Oilers even have 10 prospects?

1. Sam O'Reilly
2. Beau Akey
3. Raphael Lavoie
4. Max Wanner
5. Olivier Rodrigue
6. Xavier Bourgault
7. Tyler Tullio
8. Matvey Petrov
9. Eemil Vinni
10. Jayden Grubbe

We might have the worst group now that Holloway and Broberg have graduated.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

1. Sam O'Reilly
2. Beau Akey
3. Raphael Lavoie
4. Max Wanner
5. Olivier Rodrigue
6. Xavier Bourgault
7. Tyler Tullio
8. Matvey Petrov
9. Eemil Vinni
10. Jayden Grubbe

1720197191785.png

Wait, you guys have prospects?

Yeah Edmonton's has to be bottom 3 right now.

If I'm grading those 10 by EA standards it would be something like

O'Reilly Top 6 LOW
Akey Top 4 MED
Lavoie Top 9 LOW
Wanner Top 6 MED
Rodrigue Backup MED
Tullio Bottom 6 MED
Petrov Top 9 LOW
Vinni Starter LOW
Grubbe Bottom 6 LOW

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Pool could be even better if you drafted Casey and Hutson instead of Lund and Havelid

I would put Stiga and Surin ahead of Gibson, based on pure potential. Gibson was a bit of reach by Detroit in the 2nd round last year and there's no guarantee he makes it. Even if he does, he's likely a 5D or 6D for the Predators

So Matthew woods is the 6th best prospect? The five above him are better be very good

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

1. Celebrini
2. Smith
3. Dickinson
4. Musty
5. Muhkamadulin
6. Bystedt
7. Chernyshov
8. Haltunnen
9. Edstrom
10. Cagnoni

Agreed that is the best. Celibrini and Smith is a top two that few/no team can rival against and I would add a Dickinson that is probably a better number 3 than anyone has.

Then there are really nice pieces below with Bystedt, Haltunen, Edstrom and Chernyshov.

There is a really good, high end mix there. The NHL level is pretty bare though, so you guys will have to continue the rebuild for a few years.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Spring Hill, Tennessee
:ducks

1. Cutter
  2. Zellweger
  3. Sennecke
  4. Luneau
  5. Clara
  6. Solberg
  7. Dionicio
  8. Colangelo
  9. Sidorov
  10. Gaucher
After 6 it really is a toss up. Honestly, you could make an argument that the guys I have 15-20 should be as high as 7. The Ducks pool is so deep it is pretty crazy.

Reactions: Static

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yes, they are. Nashville's prospect pool is stacked, we have 7-8 1st rounders in our top ten, plus guys like Schaeffer in the honorable mention.

Wood is good, but he's more of a long term project than guys like Svechkov or Kemell.
that's a lot of 1st round picks on nashville's list. impressive that all these guys are on
track to hit.

who are you favorite depth guys in the prospect pool?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
that's a lot of 1st round picks on nashville's list. impressive that all these guys are on
track to hit.

who are you favorite depth guys in the prospect pool?

I think Aiden Fink is a fan favorite we're all hoping to succeed, our last pick in the '23 draft had a monster season in the NCAA but is 5'9.

Chistyakov is one of my favorite defensemen in our pool, but hasn't signed a contract with us and may never come over from Russia.

Stastny and Del Gaizo will be up in the NHL this year, but idk how high their potential really is.

Reactions: neelynugs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
View attachment 891965

1A - Matt Savoie C/RW
1B - Jiri Kulich LW/C
2 - Devon Levi G
3 - Konsta Helenius RC
4 - Isak Rosen LW/RW
5 - Ryan Johnson LD
6 - Noah Ostlund LC
7 - Vsevelod Komarov RD
8 - Anton Wahlberg LC/RW
9- Maxim Strbak RD
10 - Viktor Neuchev W

HM's which based on the number people push into these I would assume means heavily masturbating - Viljami Marjala, Brodie Ziemer, Adam Kleber, and Luke Osburn.
the 1B is now the 1! what an odd trade with edmonton that was

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
the 1B is now the 1! what an odd trade with edmonton that was

They had a big hole at 3C on the NHL roster. Matt is the prospect. I’ve watched the most in the last two years. Love the kid, hope he is as good as he looked as he matures. And by the same token, Buffalo needed a good checking center. I’m fine with it. I’m sure a whole bunch of other people won’t be, but I’m tired of waiting for tomorrow.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

1. Sam O'Reilly
2. Beau Akey
3. Raphael Lavoie
4. Max Wanner
5. Olivier Rodrigue
6. Xavier Bourgault
7. Tyler Tullio
8. Matvey Petrov
9. Eemil Vinni
10. Jayden Grubbe

1720214649050.png

I spoke to soon!

We can just add Savoie to the top of that list.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
:bruins

1) Dean Letourneau
2) Fabian Lysell
3) Oskar Jellvik
4) Georgii Merkulov
5) Christopher Pelosi
6) Beckett Hendrickson
7) Andre Gasseau
8) John Farinacci
9) Jackson Edward