Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m Monty I’m going with this in camp

Marchand - Lindholm- Lysell

Marchand - Coyle- Lysell seems logical

However with Marchand & Lindholm it allows Lysell to not try and take over a common complaint in Providence

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s usually getting his shots in close and isn’t really the kind of guy to fire pucks on net every chance he gets- I could see him being in the mid teens for shooting%

Yeah, offensively I see him a bit like Dakota Joshua who put up 15% then 21.4% the last 2 years shooting percentage. I don't think that is sustainable. but they are big physical players who camp out in front of the net and get maybe some tip ins and garbage collection on rebounds. Those will lead to a higher percentage. Can Brazeau be 10%, 13%, 16%? I don't know but there are reasons his percentage is high

Reactions: CDJ

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
The Belesky and Backes signings were Sweeney trying to replace Lucic with analytics. I liked Backes and still do, the Belesky signing was Jose Offerman replacing Mo Vaughn and the GM expecting the same production in replacing Lucic. The numbers said it made sense.

Nash was a risk but a good gamble, losing Lindgren is tough but who cares about Spooner and Belesky, Sweeney had to include the first to get NYR to take Belesky, once again using a first round pick to correct a bad FA signing.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

However with Marchand & Lindholm it allows Lysell to not try and take over a common complaint in Providence
I like that top line. I do think though for obvious reasons Lindholm will start the season between Zacha and Pastrnak. If Lysell secures a top 6 spot, I can definitely see that top line and Poitras skating between Zacha and Pastrnak by the end of the season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if he goes unsigned, maybe a camp invite to Nylander`s brother Alex/Andy, can`t recall his name, played a bit with Pitt last year then caught fire on a crap team in Columbus, RW? Only mentioning this as a backup plan if Lysell can`t seize the spot

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The best stint of his career so far...

Sometimes trying to bluff a hand with a pair of 7s wins you a pot.
Sometimes it gets you laughed off the table.

It was indeed.

I'll be honest, I think I'm in the very very very small minority that doesn't hate the addition of Korpisalo. Ullmark had that magical season during the B's historic run. If you look at the season before and season after, he was around a 2.50 GAA / .915 SV% (combined those two seasons). With the team he'll have in front of him + goalie Bob working with him + no pressure to be the guy, I think Korpisalo is capable of giving us that same 2.50 GAA / .915 SV% that Ullmark did.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
He's not going to shoot 16% over 82 games. The guys who did that last year have names like Hintz and Kaprizov.
Don't disagree but also not going to cut him short on this. Nobody knows and everyone assumes. That's all. IMO he will be around 15-20

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

I'm just hoping I live long enough to see

Freddy-Letourneau-Brazeau

The legion of Emergency Room. The line where Freddy is just a tiny little baby man.

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Dog days of summer talk - Nick Robertson wants out of Toronto. 22 years old had a 14 goal season, would you trade Lysell for him.
I’d try and kick tires. I wouldn’t trade away a top prospect. Why not try and offer some picks instead?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
if he goes unsigned, maybe a camp invite to Nylander`s brother Alex/Andy, can`t recall his name, played a bit with Pitt last year then caught fire on a crap team in Columbus, RW? Only mentioning this as a backup plan if Lysell can`t seize the spot
Pastrnak is friends with William, I could see him being acquainted with Alex. Definitely had an intriguing close to the season with the jackets

Reactions: Gordoff

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Best case scenario is that Bussi beats Korpisalo for a spot and Korpisalo is waived. Since goalie coach wants t work with him though, I think Bussi will have to be incredible to win the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad