Speculation: Your team's needs at trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Flyers

1. Mobile D-man with size, especially RH
2. Top-6/9 winger with speed, shot and around-the-net abilities

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i mean theres worse options if hes 50% retained
Well, that's an important detail, but it speaks volumes about him that even at 50% retained he's no bargain. I don't want any part of RyJo moving forward into his 30's. It's not like he hasn't had good wingers.

Reactions: GuerinUp

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
If the quarantine rules remain the same for the next 30 days or so, does Ottawa have significant leverage as a trading partner for the rest of the North Division? Could be a slow news day.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Any suggestions on who that puck moving d could be ?
good question lol. Not sure this is a deadline move. it would involve significant pieces from habs and salary movement. i'd love to see it because it would facilitate a playoff berth.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
you see jets going after ekholm? certainly an upgrade over demelo and would be protected.

Is it a real possibility in my eyes? Yes I could see it happen, but as crazy as it sounds, I don't necessarily support doing it as a fan, depending on cost. Also DeMelo isn't one of the issues on D. We have bigger problems.

The Jets have been very bad defensively and Ekholm would definitely help, BUT........ my first issue is quarantine time entering Canada and then the window it would take to climatize to the Jets non existent defensive system and teammates. Depending when he was traded, would there be enough time for him to adjust after quarantine and adapt to a new team??? This is a shortened season after all.

Also the cost of acquiring him makes me nervous, I don't believe he is enough of an improvement to make the Jets immediate Stanley cup contenders. What do the Jets give up for getting Ekholm for a 1 season an 1/3rd?? Is it worth it if there are long term pain in prospects down the road?

But short answer, Yes I could see it. GM Chevy isn't afraid to go all in if he thinks the Jets are competing and have a real opportunity to go far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: neelynugs

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Top 6 LW please. I'd trade Broberg + cap dump + pick for a quality top 6 LWer under 27.

Off the cuff, what about Domi?

Going full bernmeister:

Werenski $5.0m 2yr
Korpisalo $2.8m 2yr
Domi $5.3m 2yr
Grigorenko $1.2m 1yr
Bemstrom ELC 2yr

for

Nugent-Hopkins $6.0m 1yr
Broberg
Kassian $3.2m 4yr LTIR
Jones $0.9m 2yr
Turris $1.7m 2yr
Neal $5.8m 3yr
1st

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
good question lol. Not sure this is a deadline move. it would involve significant pieces from habs and salary movement. i'd love to see it because it would facilitate a playoff berth.
I agree however there are very very few options available out there

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
NYR

-Need a LD/RD veteran (preferably cup winner) on the cheap, someone who won't cost a ton but will glue more of the youngsters on this team together.

-Bottom 6 F veteran (preferably cup winner)

Any interest in either Jay Beagle or Jordie Benn (retention negotiable for each)? Beagle as you guys know from your Caps rivalry that he eats pucks for dinner on the PK, and Jordie is a solid, reliable D-man with versatility to play on both sides (also only costs $2 million, pending UFA).

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
3C who can win draws and play PK (Sutter/Lowry mold)

1G but i think that will wait until the offseason

Top 4 LHD (Ekholm?)

2nd line LW

Offering

1st rounder
1 of Bear/Jones
Neal
Kassian
Turris
Any prospect not named Broberg/Holloway

What would you be willing to part with for Sutter? I'm realistic in that the 1st is likely off the table

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Top 6 LW please. I'd trade Broberg + cap dump + pick for a quality top 6 LWer under 27.

Or we could keep Broberg and the pick just sign Hall as a UFA if the rumour of him having interest in returning is true. I mean we have cap space this summer and keeping an entry level contract like Broberg helps the cap situation moving forward also.

I'd also hold off on considering moving Broberg with Klefbom future still up in the air. Behind Nurse we don't really have much high end quality. Lots of bottom pairing guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam da bomb

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
What would you be willing to part with for Sutter? I'm realistic in that the 1st is likely off the table

Certainly not giving up the 1st for Sutter as a UFA. Tough to make the money work on the deal honestly. If that's the ask I just go for Luke Glendening as a bottom 6 Faceoff man.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Or we could keep Broberg and the pick just sign Hall as a UFA if the rumour of him having interest in returning is true. I mean we have cap space this summer and keeping an entry level contract like Broberg helps the cap situation moving forward also.

I'd also hold off on considering moving Broberg with Klefbom future still up in the air. Behind Nurse we don't really have much high end quality. Lots of bottom pairing guys.

I'm not high on Broberg at all and think it's best to dump him while his value is still unknown/high. I don't see anything more than a middle pairing guy based on what I've seen from him. Looks to be Holland's biggest bust of a pick so far (he's been good on his other ones). Imagine having Knight in the system right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad