Your teams all time team

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I think it makes more sense to take into consideration how the players actually were for the team. And to a lesser extent, tenure.

Leetch on the Buds, Adam Oates on the Oilers, or Mats Sundin on the Canucks is just kinda dumb IMO. It's much more fun to pick meaninful players who were fan favourites, played integral roles, and were a part of the culture and history of the club. That's why a guy like RNH probably deserves to be on the all-time Oilers squad for instance, even if there are "better" centres / LWers available.

I get that. But it doesn't look like others are. This seems to be, who are the best names to ever wear your team jersey.

Reactions: Zenos

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I know Smyth is an Oilers icon, but should he really be on their all-time team?

You have so many other options at forward: Taylor Hall (Hart winner), Bernie Nicholls (150 points season), Damphousse, Ray Whitney, Arnott...
Yes, I think he deserves to be there on merits alone. And I wouldn't consider prime Smyth inferior to Whitney or Arnott in any way.

And then if we're considering his role in the history and culture of the club, I don't think there's any question. Nichols has less than 100GP with the Oilers and one playoff campaign. Same with Vinny Damphousse. Both great players, but their success was found elsewhere.

Hall is a legit good option. His talents were undeniable, but he also was the star of the team during a period most would simply like to forget (more first overall selections than playoff appearances).

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Kurri, Kariya, and Selanne spring to mind but they were anything but great in their one season a piece in Denver.
For sure, I know it said no rules, so coulda used them for their careers. As Avs though, it wasn't up to their regular seasons, so skipped over them

BondraEra

Jun 6, 2010
Caps checking in. . .

Ovi - Nicklas Backstrom - Mike Gartner
Peter Bondra - Adam Oates - Dave Christian
Mike Ridley - Dale Hunter - T.J. Oshie
Alex Semin - Michal Pivonka - Kuz

Rod Langway - Kevin Hatcher
Scott Stevens - Calle Johansen
John Carlson - Sergei Gonchar

Braden Holtby
Olaf Kolzig

Did some positional fudging in moving Bondra to his off wing, Ridley from C to LW, and Kuznetsov from C to RW. Only did it cuz it wouldn’t have felt right leaving Michal Pivonka or Kuz off.

Weird that we’ve only had one true superstar forward in our history, considering the riches even a team like the Penguins have enjoyed. The two others that had superstar potential (Semin, Kuz) teased us with it but ultimately flamed out.

We’ve had our share of All-Star level defenseman, carried by basically having the best (or one of) groups of the 80’s and even into the 90’s. Ironically, I don’t think filling out the D-corps was particularly hard even if some notables like Sylvain Cote, Larry Murphy, Al Iafrate, and Mike Green are missing.

Goalie is pretty cut and dry although Semyon Varlamov is probably the most physically talented goalie we’ve ever employed. Never got a real chance to show it here though.

Shoutout to Dennis Maruk, our record holder the most points scored in a single season.

Shoutout to Jeff Halpern for being from the area and making it to show at a time when youth hockey was an afterthought in the region.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
For sure, I know it said no rules, so coulda used them for their careers. As Avs though, it wasn't up to their regular seasons, so skipped over them
Completely agreed. The Blues fans mentioning Gretzky as one of theirs, a player whose St. Louis' career was capped by turning the puck over to Yzerman in the neutral zone and smash one of the best series winning goals I have ever seen from the blue bar down. And then Avs beat the unstoppable wings who had to go all 7 v the Blues too.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Situationally, yes. But not all the time.

So you decided to disparage a post because I listed Francis on a line with Lemieux, and put Lemieux at center - and they both shared center duty. Nice work.
You’re welcome! You want to put 5th all time leading scorer in the position they actually played! Keep trying, you’ll get it someday!

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
You’re welcome! You want to put 5th all time leading scorer in the position they actually played! Keep trying, you’ll get it someday!
Or put him on a line with Lemieux and Jagr, where they placed 1st, 2nd, and 4th in scoring for the year they played together.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Preds

Kariya Arnott Forsberg
Sullivan Legwand Dumont
Arvidsson Fisher Duchene
Erat Sissons Johansen
(We really do have a shit history of forwards, geez)

Weber-Josi
Suter-Timonen
Hamhuis-Ekholm

Rinne
Vokoun
Since there aren't any rules and people are taking it to mean players in their prime, I think this would be a better line up:

Kariya P. Forsberg F. Forsberg
Sullivan Stamkos Marchessault
Arvidsson Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Sissons

Weber Josi
Suter Timonen
Hamhuis Ekholm

Rinne
Vokoun

The top three forward lines will put up a ton of points. The fourth line will shutdown everything while still being able to score. The defense is the same as yours and is beyond elite. Same with the goaltending.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Forsberg-Duchene-Radulov
Kariya-Arnott-Sullivan
Erat-Legwand-Arvidsson
Hartnell-RyJo-Fisher

Josi-Weber
PK Subban-Suter
Ekholm-Ellis/Hamhuis

Rinne
Saros/Vokoun
That's a sick d-core for such a young franchise! And you still have Kimmo Timmonen and a young Seth Jones sitting in the press-box

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't think anyone has done the Hurricanes. Here goes. I'm going to pick only Carolina Hurricanes players, no Hartford Whalers (so no Blaine Stoughton, Mark Howe, and definitely not Gordie Howe, which feels full on cheating). I'm also going to pick players only for how they played for the franchise, so if I put Derek Stepan, it'd be for late career 4th liner Derek Stepan, for instance. I'm going to try to play players by position, but I'll have to move some of our centers to wing. And, if players are considered close to a tie, I'll pick the player who had more longevity for the franchise.

Erik Cole - Sebastian Aho - Eric Staal
Ray Whitney - Ron Francis - Jeff O'Neill
Cory Stillman - Rod Brind'Amour - Justin Williams
Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Seth Jarvis

Extras:
Teuvo Teravainen, Andrei Svechnikov, Martin Necas

Jaccob Slavin - Justin Faulk
Glen Wesley - Bret Hedican
Brady Skjei - Brett Pesce
(I'm sure I'm getting some handedness wrong)

Extras:
Dougie Hamilton, Sean Hill, Joni Pitkanen

Cam Ward
Arturs Irbe
Frederik Andersen

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Since there aren't any rules and people are taking it to mean players in their prime, I think this would be a better line up:

Arvidsson Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Sissons

Weber Josi
Suter Timonen
Hamhuis Ekholm

Rinne
Vokoun

The top three forward lines will put up a ton of points. The fourth line will shutdown everything while still being able to score. The defense is the same as yours and is beyond elite. Same with the goaltending.
I like it, but....... I'd find a spot for Duchene. and Fisher.

Duchene Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Fisher

I agree with your defense, but might find a spot for PK Subban.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024

Duchene Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Fisher

You might even flip Duchene and Sullivan since we know the Sully Arnott Dumont line had chemistry when Sully was actually healthy.

Reactions: triggrman

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Duchene Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Fisher

I feel like if it’s not based on Preds time, ROR should be there over Erat or a few others.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
Sedin - Sedin - Bertuzzi
Mogilny - Messier - Bure
Miller - Sundin - Naslund
Pettersson - Linden - Kesler

Hughes - Jovanovski
Ohlund - Salo
Edler - Lumme

Luongo
McLean

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I feel like if it’s not based on Preds time, ROR should be there over Erat or a few others.
That's a good call for sure. Probably James Neal too.

Duchene Arnott Dumont
Neal ROR Fisher

Also, would you take Cliff Ronning over Fisher?

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Probably not the best Bruins, but tried to pick guys that were with us most of their careers and that sort of make a complete team instead of just the best scorers. Some nasty in this lineup too.

Bucyk-Esposito-Neely
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Marcotte-Krejci-Middleton
Axelsson-O’Reilly-Cashman

Orr-Bourque
Chara-Shore
Smith-Milbury

Rask
Cheevers
I understand what you mean but not having Oates, Park, Schmidt and Thomas is just wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad