GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Edmonton Oilers, 1 PM, MSG+: Another New Year Awaits

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What is the 4th line doing on the ice at the same time as McDavid?

Because they were saving Nico for Draisaitl? :laugh:

I mean if you're gonna be a shutdown line then at least don't have four guys including both defensemen drift to the left corner, leaving McDavid open in the right corner

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I mean, it was tipped, but the way it went in, that could have hit him.

That hits good goalies more than it does Blackwood, that's all I'll say.
His neck is still probably f***ed up (and his heel surgery was probably more severe than he thought it would be) but with Gillies out he knows he has to play.

Our goalie situation is just fun. I don’t know how people can mock other teams when we had six goalie play, granted we’re cursed and the Oilers were just dumb still we’re worse off, so ?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Didn't we score 4 like two nights ago?

Yeah, this team randomly scores a bunch in a game and makes you think they are capable. Been that way for years, the random 5, 6 or 7 goal game while still averaging around 2 per game on the season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
His neck is still probably f***ed up (and his heel surgery was probably more severe than he thought it would be) but with Gillies out he knows he has to play.

Our goalie situation is just fun. I don’t know how people can mock other teams when we had six goalie play, granted we’re cursed and the Oilers were just dumb still we’re worse off, so ?

We also have been dog shit in our own end so far tonight.

Cangi said Wednesday his heel is going to be an issue all year and it's still bothering him.

And then state TV pushes the narrative that's it's GOOD he plays like every game for the next month.

We need a 2nd goalie.

Reactions: Guttersniped

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
McLeod has generally done a good job checking the opponent's #1C this year, but Studenic and Bastian should absolutely not be on the ice against McDavid and Draisaitl.

They play that line like it's Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner but really it's Brian Gibbbons-Rod Pelley-Erik Rasmussen

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
We need Mercer to grow into a good two way center so we can stop using McLeod with the excuse that he's good defensively

4th line playing too much against the best in the NHL is asking for trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad