GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I guess that is as predicted.

Looks like Nemec will be odd man out of the regular in, unless injuries or other player drop offs. Basically Nemec is the previous situation Bahl.

No one here expected Kovacevic to be this good this early on. Wondering if that will be the status quo.

I think the only real argument would be going 11/7 with Palat out but like Nemec’s numbers are practically just as bad

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Since we are doing the 5v5 goals thing.

Nemec was a +6 with Smith.

Miller a +5.

So not everyone put up dumpster fire gf ratio's with Smith. Smith was actually a + player in terms of gf away from Hughes.

All that said, not sure why anyone would be casting a negative vibe on the return of Luke.
Hmm this surprises me, guess they just sucked together more than anything.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

1729809806511.png

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think the only real argument would be going 11/7 with Palat out but like Nemec’s numbers are practically just as bad

I can see that, but does Keefe do that 11/7 thing?

Not great for Nemec to not be getting some regular minutes. He's too good for AHL, really but it cannot hurt I guess.

Unless Kovy drops massively it's hard to argue not keeping Kovacevic in. Sieges is also playing great and Coach loves him so far

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I can see that, but does Keefe do that 11/7 thing?

Not great for Nemec to not be getting some regular minutes. He's too good for AHL, really but it cannot hurt I guess.

Unless Kovy drops massively it's hard to argue not keeping Kovacevic in. Sieges is also playing great and Coach loves him so far

Nemec hasn’t shown he’s too good for the AHL this year and even when he was down in the AHL he wasn’t too good for the league. Yes he was really good last year when he was brought up but I don’t think he’s a guy that’s too good to go down.

Yeah you don’t take out Kovy if you’re a serious team. Siegs as well and there’s also the LD vs RD thing there.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
I was gonna get the Tampa feed last game anyway because they’re the local, but I hope there’s a Devils feed tonight. I know people mentioned there was no Devils feed last game. I’m hoping it’s because of some kind of overload due to 16 games.

Mickey Redmond is absolutely brutal. He constantly talks over the PBP guy when he’s calling a goal and goes “WOW!” Or “That’s it! Yeah!!!!” Or derails it with some other nonsense.
Do you have ESPN+ ? I have the Centre Ice package on DirecTV so I watch it on MSG, but on my ESPN+ app I get both teams broadcasts.

Reactions: Bleedred

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wasn't Sieges and Dougie dominant in that 22-23 season? Or am I misremembering those pairings..

They’ve always played well together. Even last year with Siegs and the team being a mess they were good before Dougie went out. I still don’t go to that pair yet since Siegs-Kovy is so good. Try Dillon with Pesce and Luke with Dougie first. You fallback on Siegs-Dougie if other options fail

Reactions: Whaddagoal

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not sure why they don't just swap Dillon and Siegs, but I guess every coach has their stubborn pairing that they think is actually good lol

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We will see how long that lasts, but I never would have had keefer as a "like everything about Sieges sinces day 1 of camp" on my bingo board starting this season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We will see how long that lasts, but I never would have had keefer as a "like everything about Sieges sinces day 1 of camp" on my bingo board starting this season.
Everyone loves the pairing, and everyone is surprised about the level Kova has played at, but the rebound of Sieg's has been a fairly quiet narrative thus far.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do you have ESPN+ ? I have the Centre Ice package on DirecTV so I watch it on MSG, but on my ESPN+ app I get both teams broadcasts.
I have ESPN+ and they NORMALLY have BOTH feeds.

But for some reason they only had the Tampa feed last game. I heard that from both people in here and my friends, who don't live in the Tampa area.

Tampa games are blacked out on ESPN+ for me, as I'm part of the Tampa area, so I had no choice but to watch with them. But I'm hoping others not being able to get the Devils feed the other night on ESPN+ had something to do with so many games being on, and it not becoming a regular thing.

Reactions: MVP Zacha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad