GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
this is a welcome development.

i want to see them play well but with this opponent and the way they’ve been playing i won’t take too much from this game if they do win.

until they’re competitive with the good teams i still don’t have a ton of confidence they’re a good them themselves. banking points would be nice though

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Expecting us to win by 23 with news of Pesce and Luke in the lineup. Anything less and I'll officially begin to be worried about this team.

• Love
Reactions: TrufleShufle

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Great news 🐟

Who sits on D tonight ? 🤔
Hopefully Detroit does, am I right?
dice-man-oh.gif

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Great news 🐟

Who sits on D tonight ? 🤔

Gotta figure it's Nemec and Misyul.

They have another 3 games in 4 nights stretch starting tonight, so I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate guys back in to avoid throwing Luke and Pesce completely into the fire out of the gate. And then I wonder if they'll send Nemec down along with Misyul and call up a DeSimone to serve as the 7th guy and allow Nemo to play. Will be interesting to see what they do. Kovacevic's surprising start has given them a conundrum.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I hope they are not being rushed into the lineup. I definitely expect some rust, but am really interested to see if Luke can help our breakouts.

Reactions: longislanddevil

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Gotta figure it's Nemec and Misyul.

They have another 3 games in 4 nights stretch starting tonight, so I wouldn't be surprised if they rotate guys back in to avoid throwing Luke and Pesce completely into the fire out of the gate. And then I wonder if they'll send Nemec down along with Misyul and call up a DeSimone to serve as the 7th guy and allow Nemo to play. Will be interesting to see what they do. Kovacevic's surprising start has given them a conundrum.
Either way, I’m interested in seeing how this sparks the team overall.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Not sure how I feel about implementing two guys who havent played in months onto a team that just had its worst defensive game..

but heck, stranger things have happened and its two top-4 guys so. We shall see how it pans out. Edit: plus, they do need to begin ramping up at some point; just wonder if overlapping their first game is the wise decision

At the least im excited to see how things go lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad