Your most hated commentator lines

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
When a guy gets nailed and looks to be hurt and hobbles his way back to the bench and sits down instead of going to the dressing room: "Looks like he's gonna be fine".

No he may not be fine, sometimes guys try to tough it out or are high on adrenaline and the full extent of the injury isn't apparent immediately.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
I have to agree with the OP. I used to absolutely hate both "hey hey whaddya say" and "that's hockey baby!". They've grown on me a litte bit, but I still get all kinds of annoyed feelings when I hear those. And I'm saying this as someone to whom Carolina is the favorite remaining team.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Colour commentators or analysts stay in one destination way too long. They just don't have more insight to the game to give. Same comments game after game .year after year

Greg Millen Leafs, Leo Rautins Raptors, Pat Tabler Blue Jays. You could replay their comment from any game in 2015 and the exact same comments would be the same in any game they currently broadcast.

Reactions: TB12

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When the Rangers are sucking, Sam will casually count how many consecutive shots the opponents have. I get it, but it can be annoying in big games.

Love Sam though. He's a real fan. Always a professional but he will subtly throw so much shade at the Rangers and you catch it if you really know him.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Paul Romanuks fetish with making animal analogies all the time. Eyes of a panther, serpentine like a snake, circling like a shark, etc etc. Thank god they shit canned him.

Reactions: amethyst

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Jack Edwards has so many
- fungo’s it down the ice
- it’s rockem sockem robots!
- any mention of layers

There was actually a bingo game at one point with all of these that was pretty funny
Yea that game was great. Also cant stand "he can't handle the tumblin muffin"

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
-the term net "moorings"

-"hes not putting any weight on that leg at all"
like yeah no shit dude why would he do that unnecessarily when he is being carried off. they always say it like a death sentence and then the dude comes back like 2 days later.

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011
When you listen to the same commentators night after night there's bound to be certain lines they repeat. And eventually you get really tired of them. What are your most hated ones?

As someone who follows mostly Canes here's my top 2:

''Hey Hey What do you say!''
''That's Hockey baby!''

At this point I almost wanna hit mute every time Carolina scores so I don't have to hear them again.

'Powermove'

It's the one which makes me cringe most. In my mind power move is something like this

power_move_pro_wrestling_-_playstation_begagnad-38998662-19651820-org.jpg

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Jack Edwards has so many
- fungo’s it down the ice
- it’s rockem sockem robots!
- any mention of layers

There was actually a bingo game at one point with all of these that was pretty funny

Got a Bee under his Bonnet
D 2 D
Carries over the 8 Spoked B
OOOHH ITS ROCKEM SOCKEM ROBOTS
They have beaten them, and now, they have beaten them up
we got a donybrook on our hands
Tic tac goal!

too many gems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad