Your Most Embarrassing Post or Worst Take

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I thought Joe Corvo should take over for Wade Redden as the #1 option the last year or 2 they were both there.

I also thought Vermette should have been given 2C with Fisher being traded away to make room.

And countless others I'm sure...

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Does it have to be here? Nelson Emerson. I was so pumped when we got him. For sure was he was going to be Doug Gilmour for us.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I didn’t like the Craig Anderson Trade not because I liked our goalie I just thought he wasn’t a real starter or worth the quick contract he got. Even my buddy who’s generally always right about these things liked his game and thought we easily won the trade but I didn’t listen - but for sure the best goalie we’ve ever had. Not my favorite because that’s Razor, but for sure the best.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I didn’t like the Craig Anderson Trade not because I liked our goalie I just thought he wasn’t a real starter or worth the quick contract he got. Even my buddy who’s generally always right about these things liked his game and thought we easily won the trade but I didn’t listen - but for sure the best goalie we’ve ever had. Not my favorite because that’s Razor, but for sure the best.
Cmon Tuna.... You know you can do better than that. Bahahaha!

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I thought Bobby Butler was going to be a 30 goal scorer.

He scored in so many different ways to end the season and then reality set in the following year.

Reactions: BigRig4

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Cmon Tuna.... You know you can do better than that. Bahahaha!

Good days to be a Sens fan. I think this group of players we have is really really good and looking for fights with the big teams and we have the goalie to do it. It’s going to be a fun year.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I thought Jakub Culek was hands-down the steal of the draft.

I thought Nikita Filatov was just misused in Columbus and would thrive here.

I thought Pascal Leclaire was not only a viable long-term solution, but was going to be a perennial top-10 goalie in the league.

I thought Denis Hamel was going to be the exception to the "short players who dominate in the AHL can't keep up with the physicality in the NHL."

I thought Peter Bondra was just taking some time to adjust to the team but would flourish in the playoffs.

I thought Brian Elliott was an aggressively mid goalie whose career would flame out post-Sens.

But I'm riding a hot streak lately, I don't think I've had a truly bad take in years... meaning, of course, I'm due. TYLER BOUCHER WILL BE A *STAR*, DAMMIT.

Reactions: LiseL and BigRig4

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Peter Regin, the Alfie successor and next decade-long captain

Kaspars Daugavins, MVP and next big thing

Jared Cowen, unashamedly championing that mouth breathing Seinfeld looking mfker

The 2010s were very humbling for me

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Thought Kaigorodov was going to be a solid 1b center behind Spezza.

I thought Jakub Culek was hands-down the steal of the draft.

I thought Nikita Filatov was just misused in Columbus and would thrive here.

I thought Pascal Leclaire was not only a viable long-term solution, but was going to be a perennial top-10 goalie in the league.

I thought Denis Hamel was going to be the exception to the "short players who dominate in the AHL can't keep up with the physicality in the NHL."

I thought Peter Bondra was just taking some time to adjust to the team but would flourish in the playoffs.

I thought Brian Elliott was an aggressively mid goalie whose career would flame out post-Sens.

But I'm riding a hot streak lately, I don't think I've had a truly bad take in years... meaning, of course, I'm due. TYLER BOUCHER WILL BE A *STAR*, DAMMIT.

I thought Hamel would figure it out as well.

He wasn’t short through IIRC.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Thought Kaigorodov was going to be a solid 1b center behind Spezza.

Man didn't we all though. Ilya Zubov turned into like a 96 ov player in NHL 07 which had me pretty hyped too. Built many a Be a GM Dynasties around those two...

Reactions: Bileur

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I'm going to steal an idea from the Habs forum and ask people to come clean about their most embarrassing posts or worst takes.

I'll start it off by admitting I once insisted that Mark Stone would never play a single game at the NHL level due to his atrocious skating. Whoops.
I thought Erik Karlsson was so undersized that his game would never work in NHL. Three Norris's and a hall of fame lock career make that take pretty bad.

When it comes to embarrassing post, I suggest we do a top 100 for @Adrianopolous. We might have to split main board and Sens board though....

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I've definitely posted some stupid takes. My worst was comparing Jake Sanderson to Luke Schenn. I thought Jake's ceiling would be a solid defensive dman. Admittedly, I didn't know anything about him; hadn't seen him play and had no idea what a great skater he was. I just had the impression that there wouldn't be much offense from him at the NHL level.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I haven’t been around long enough to amass a history of bad takes, and tend to be a bit centrist anyway, but I was super pumped about getting DeBrincat and knew in my heart of hearts that of course he will extend with us.

I was also pumped about Chychrun with eyes wide shut, only based on stuff I read on HFB, the seemingly high asking price and number of teams interested, and one Sens game against Arizona where he played like a mean 1D stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad