Value of: Your best offer for these Canuck Top Prospects and Picks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
He'd be a third line center, around 50 points. Good defensive and good on faceoffs. They return a first. Coleman, Goodrow, Foligno type return Monahan will return.
GM perception of Monahan around the league is not even close to Coleman, Goodrow or Foligno.

He's not a heart and soul kind of player like those guys (at the time they were dealt), despite whatever stat line.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This gave me a moment of pause to consider.

On the one hand, i'm really not very high on Ekblad at all. Cruising a lot on name recognition/draft pedigree. His mobility being shot is very problematic, and makes him a tricky, risky projection into a different system. But he is still a Top-4D with size. Something this team could use. And that's not an outrageous asking price, realistically speaking. Especially while unloading Myers $6M cap in the process.

The biggest thing that just kills it for me, is that extra year of very high $7.5M salary. Along with the concern about what his next contract looks like based on that baseline. It'd be nice to get a better defenceman than Myers for that money this year...but the benefit of Myers is that his bloated deal is up after this year. They can walk away clean. $7.5M on Ekblad is too much, and would really make things insanely tight cap-wise for next year. With the major raises coming due for guys like Pettersson and Hronek especially.

Appreciate the detailed reply.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
GM perception of Monahan around the league is not even close to Coleman, Goodrow or Foligno.

He's not a heart and soul kind of player like those guys (at the time they were dealt), despite whatever stat line.
I would rather have a player than a late first. Canucks late first be around 30. A Reid Schafer type or it's equal. Not really much there.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
That doesn't even start the conversations for someone like Dobson though. Lekkerimaki/Brew are like the 2nd or 3rd best piece in a deal to get a player of Dobson's caliber.

Think what Hronek cost. As an older, less prolific RHD. A solid mid 1st + very high 2nd.

I just don't think the Canucks have the "centerpiece" to even get the ball rolling on any Dobson conversation.

Durzi is really not that excellent defensively though. He's an offensive-oriented defenceman. Not a pure offensive guy maybe, but definitely more toward the "swashbuckler" end of the scale. I just don't really see the fit.

I also don't really see why Arizona would move him. Seems like they've made a decision to stop fiddling around and resetting constantly with picks. Try to actually keep some of their players and start building something. Durzi seems likely to be part of that.
Lekki+hunter+podz+24 1st+3rd+25 2nd for dobson seems fair if islanders commit to a rebuild 2 quality forward prospects a quality d prospect and 3 picks maybe replace the 2nd and 3rd with another first

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Lekki+hunter+podz+24 1st+3rd+25 2nd for dobson seems fair if islanders commit to a rebuild 2 quality forward prospects a quality d prospect and 3 picks maybe replace the 2nd and 3rd with another first
Absolutely
Positively
Not a chance

Canucks are famous for doing dumb stuff. But not Millbury type stuff

Reactions: stampedingviking

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

It's absolutely not fair though. It's a whole smorgasbord of "quantity for quality". Which makes even less sense when you realize Dobson is 23 years old and absolutely the exact sort of piece that you "rebuild" around. If they were even going to commit to that in the first place.

If they were to make that call and decide that's the direction, a package like that maybe gets them in the conversation on Pulock. Who is older and more expensive.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's absolutely not fair though. It's a whole smorgasbord of "quantity for quality". Which makes even less sense when you realize Dobson is 23 years old and absolutely the exact sort of piece that you "rebuild" around. If they were even going to commit to that in the first place.

If they were to make that call and decide that's the direction, a package like that maybe gets them in the conversation on Pulock. Who is older and more expensive.

Dobson has emerged as the alpha of the defense, he's a foundational piece that the Islanders are doubtful to even think about dealing. He's carrying the defense right now with all the injuries and the lack of offensive production from the rest of the defensive group. He's not fully baked either so there is more there.

I can see why Vancouver fans want him as he is the perfect piece to elevate the defense to scary status, but I don't see it in the cards. Wallinder looks impressive at least, but he's a couple of years away from being a regular NHLer.

Reactions: biturbo19

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022

Fair point guess I want to see a blockbuster maybe in the off-season sign Nylander and offload garland

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Fair point guess I want to see a blockbuster maybe in the off-season sign Nylander and offload garland

I just don't see how the money is going to be there to do that. With big raises coming for Pettersson and Hronek...that's going to eat up pretty much all of the cap spaced freed up with expiring guys. Not sure splurging on another forward like Nylander is really the wisest choice anyway, even if there were a way to make that cap work just by miraculously dumping Garland somewhere without taking salary back.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Size and speed for the bottom 6.

Hudson Fadchin and Julien Gauthier for Raty

Send Raty back to the island

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Buchnevich might be the best target for using those type of assets.

Garland + Lekkerimaki + 1st 2024 as a baseline.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Jonathan Lekkerimaki is someone I covet. Just came to hissssss at you Nuckers, lol, in good fun though. You got a good player there.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I just don't see how the money is going to be there to do that. With big raises coming for Pettersson and Hronek...that's going to eat up pretty much all of the cap spaced freed up with expiring guys. Not sure splurging on another forward like Nylander is really the wisest choice anyway, even if there were a way to make that cap work just by miraculously dumping Garland somewhere without taking salary back.
Yea that's an edmonton move that chicago should make you guys really need to replace Myers if you want to make noise in the yoffs

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Buchnevich might be the best target for using those type of assets.

Garland + Lekkerimaki + 1st 2024 as a baseline.
I would love Buch and would seriously go for this. He’s a Tocchet type of guy and would instantly make us much harder to play against in the top 6. Also gives us some crazy depth on the wings to move things around depending on the needs.

Mik - Petey - Buch
PDG - Miller - Boeser
Lafferty - Suter - Kuz
Joshua - Blueger - Hog
Aman

Reactions: Horvat1C

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I dont understand. why do posters start with what is your best offer?
this is exactly like this, we are playing poker and before the betting starts you say ok tell me you best hand before I start betting that way I will know if I win or not.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Small winger, future 60 points, doesn't really blow our doors off. I would do a first for Monahan then? Its Going rate. Sounds like you value Lettermaki much more than me. Doubt he is better than Mesar or Kidney. We stacked with semi skilled small wingers
Or I value Monahan far less than silly Habs fans. But we’re talking the same fan base that expected a top 10 pick for Domi.

A 1st rounder + for Josh Anderson. lol.

A. Monahan isn’t having that good a season. His production and analytics are very meh.
B. He’s massively injury prone.

Maybe a trade is something like a 3rd that can move up to a 2nd if he plays in 80%+ of a team’s playoff games that acquires him.

I’m as surprised as anyone the Habs are this bad again. And now Newhook, one of the few relative bright spots is out for 3 months. Guys aren’t stepping up and several are stepping back. Not much to like on that roster as trade fodder. Habs are going to be quiet again this year on the trade front, even if they don’t want to be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad