Value of: Your best offer for these Canuck Top Prospects and Picks.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Canuck's cleared out an expiring contract of 4mil to clearly try to improve their roster this year. What would some of their top end prospect and or picks be able to return?

IMO there is only 1 Canuck prospect that is deemed untouchable, Tom Willander.

Everyone else on this list can be moved for the right return.

Please keep in mind, the Canucks are not going 'All-In' this year so some of these high value assets will not traded for rental players but rather for players that are controlled, young and can be part of the core, eg:Hronek

Wants: Defence and Size and Speed for the Bottom 6

Ethan Bear has been rumored to be signing with Van soon but I'd like to think outside the box and explore other options.
Jeff Marek said before that the Canucks were very much into Austin Watson in the -offseason and could be looking to add to the bottom 6 for a player like him.

Top Prospects:

-Jonathan Lekkerimaki- Lighting the lamp as 19 yr old in the SHL. Will star for Sweeden at the WJC next month.

-Hunter Brustewicz- 19 yr old Dman in the OHL. Leads all Dmen in scoring and is currently 2nd overall in OHL scoring. 40 pts in 25 games

- Aatu Raty- Really starting to cook in the AHL- 13 pts in 17 games. Size, Smarts and Shooting. NHL size and talent is obvious, skating has improved.

- Vasily Podkolzin- Hulking Powerforward who took an unfortunate hit in the AHL earlier this season that sidelined him for a couple of weeks. He is back now and looking to continue his strong play in the AHL. 9 pts in 10 games in the AHL

-Arshdeep Bains- Former WHL player of the year, was leading the AHL in scoring before he got hurt 10 days ago. 17 pts in 15 games.

-Elias Pettersson (Dman) Up and Down with SHL and Allsvenskan. 6'3 200lbs 19 yr old Dman. Has a chance to be on Sweden's WJC team next month.

-Arturs Silovs- All World goaltending for Latvia last spring. 22 yrs old top goalie prospect. Currently in the AHL with a 7-2-1 record with a .909 Sv percentage and 2.50 GAA.

- Kiril Kudryavstev- 19 yr old Russian Dman playing in the OHL. top 10 in scoring for OHL Dman.

Picks:

2024 1st, 3rd, 2x 4th etc...
2025 1st, 2nd, etc...
Monahan for Lekkerimaki? Be good deal for both clubs. Or Canucks first whichever you prefer.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Congrats to the OP for not having every good prospect and pick "off limits". The Flames have a variety of assets they are likely to sell off:

Tanev, Hanifin, Zadorov, Lindholm, Vladar, and potentially Mangiapane, Markstrom, and Dube.
Out of that list, I think only Tanev or Zadorov would be of interest to the Canucks, and personally speaking I think the Canucks shouldn't trade most of their youth. They've finally stockpiled some assets and they can already make a good run with what they have, so I'd hope they only trade a 2nd or something similar if there's the possibility to re-sign them (let Myers fall off the books and have either of those D replace him). We don't need goalies, wings or centers.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Any team with a slightly developmentally stunted RD prospect with some size and defensive ability that they'd like to trade? I'd be open to trading Podkolzin for the right offer.

No to trading Willander/ Lekkerimaki/ Brew, and no to frankly most of the prospect pool.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They finally have a couple of D prospects to develop. Let them develop. The Canucks really aren’t in the position a Buffalo or Detroit is, when it comes to having enough talented prospects, to be moving any. Other than Podkolzin, there’s very few they should even consider moving…. Yet. It’s gonna have to probably be picks they move to upgrade the blue line.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I feel these two are pretty much untouchable as well. We will absolutely need some quality players on ELCs in the next few years. I don't think the Canucks would get a fair value for the potential that they have.

-Jonathan Lekkerimaki- Lighting the lamp as 19 yr old in the SHL. Will star for Sweeden at the WJC next month.

-Hunter Brustewicz- 19 yr old Dman in the OHL. Leads all Dmen in scoring and is currently 2nd overall in OHL scoring. 40 pts in 25 games
Let me play devil’s advocate: Both Lekkerimaki and Brustewicz have significantly improved their stock in only the last six months.

Depending on how the Canucks internally project their NHL odds—they may choose to sell high rather than roll the dice.

Feb 19, 2018
Monahan for Lekkerimaki? Be good deal for both clubs. Or Canucks first whichever you prefer.
Sean Monahan are you talking about? For a 1st or a former 15th overall tracking well now? Is this a joke or are you trying to fleece people on a message board. You can have both for him, so call your people and I’ll call mine and let’s get this done.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Lekki and Hunter wouldnt be moved for rentals thats for sure but if I were the Canucks id move them for someone like Dobson if he was ever made available.
That's the only trade I would do if Dobson is available. Otherwise no way am trading any of Tom Wilander, Hunter, Lekker or Arturs silovs. Those are the next generation of Canucks players, 2 D, 1 forward and 1 goalie.

Congrats to the OP for not having every good prospect and pick "off limits". The Flames have a variety of assets they are likely to sell off:

Tanev, Hanifin, Zadorov, Lindholm, Vladar, and potentially Mangiapane, Markstrom, and Dube.
Tanev can be had for a 2nd and a 3rd. Nk way teams are trading top prospects for 34 year old injury prone Tanev who is UFA and has couple of years of NHL playing left in him. Zadorov might get you a late 1st.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'd be looking for Durzi to come in as a more defensive presence than offensive. He simply wouldn't get the PP minutes that he does in AZ to produce the points he does there. I think most assume Durzi is an offensive Dman, but he is excellent defensively. He would give us another quality mobile D, which fits Tocchets system very well.
I rather have Durzi than Ethan Bear. Although we could get both if the cards are played right.

Hughes-Hronek
Cole-Durzi
Soucy-Bear
Myers

As long as this pushes Myers down further to a scratch or 7th dman, I will be a happy man.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah, I'm not going to fault anyone responding to this thread, given the title and original premise, but nothing being offered here is of much interest. I don't mean for our precious, super-special-because-they're-ours prospects, I just mean in general.

I'll make an exception for the mention of half of the Calgary Flames active roster being available, but the main guys we'd be interested would fall into the 2nd or 3rd round pick territory, not one of our prospects. But that isn't anything new, I'd hope.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
That's the only trade I would do if Dobson is available. Otherwise no way am trading any of Tom Wilander, Hunter, Lekker or Arturs silovs. Those are the next generation of Canucks players, 2 D, 1 forward and 1 goalie.

Tanev can be had for a 2nd and a 3rd. Nk way teams are trading top prospects for 34 year old injury prone Tanev who is UFA and has couple of years of NHL playing left in him. Zadorov might get you a late 1st.
I don't disagree.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If Vancouver really wanted to go for it this year... They should target Lindholm for 2C so they can play JT Miller on line one as a winger to EP.

That would be expensive and would cost Vancouver a top prospect and a lottery protected 1st round pick.

But that top six would be interesting.

JT Miller - EP - Boeser (Vegas would have concerns handling this line, as would the Oilers).
Mikheyev - Lindholm - Kuzmenko (could ignite this guy).

If you could dump Garland in this deal, would really be ideal for future cap space concerns.

Moves Di Giuseppe down to the 3rd line too, where he'd upgrade that unit.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I wouldn’t mind trading Podkolzin for say Vlasic, Del Mastro, or Ryan Greene. Though unlikely we trade him for a prospect if we go that route. He’ll be in a larger package for a top 4 D.
The Sharks happily accept this offer and will send Marc-Edouard Vlasic for Podkolzin :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs fans... Never change.

Man is that brutal for Vancouver.
Small winger, future 60 points, doesn't really blow our doors off. I would do a first for Monahan then? Its Going rate. Sounds like you value Lettermaki much more than me. Doubt he is better than Mesar or Kidney. We stacked with semi skilled small wingers

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ekblad for Myers, 2024 1st, Bruste and Kudrya

This gave me a moment of pause to consider.

On the one hand, i'm really not very high on Ekblad at all. Cruising a lot on name recognition/draft pedigree. His mobility being shot is very problematic, and makes him a tricky, risky projection into a different system. But he is still a Top-4D with size. Something this team could use. And that's not an outrageous asking price, realistically speaking. Especially while unloading Myers $6M cap in the process.

The biggest thing that just kills it for me, is that extra year of very high $7.5M salary. Along with the concern about what his next contract looks like based on that baseline. It'd be nice to get a better defenceman than Myers for that money this year...but the benefit of Myers is that his bloated deal is up after this year. They can walk away clean. $7.5M on Ekblad is too much, and would really make things insanely tight cap-wise for next year. With the major raises coming due for guys like Pettersson and Hronek especially.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Vancouver really wanted to go for it this year... They should target Lindholm for 2C so they can play JT Miller on line one as a winger to EP.

That would be expensive and would cost Vancouver a top prospect and a lottery protected 1st round pick.

But that top six would be interesting.

JT Miller - EP - Boeser (Vegas would have concerns handling this line, as would the Oilers).
Mikheyev - Lindholm - Kuzmenko (could ignite this guy).

If you could dump Garland in this deal, would really be ideal for future cap space concerns.

Moves Di Giuseppe down to the 3rd line too, where he'd upgrade that unit.

I don't get this at all. JT Miller has honestly been a better all-around Center than Pettersson this season. He's looked like more of a winger at times, but playing in Tocchet's system, he's looked every bit the part of a Center and it's had him far more consistently engaged in the whole game, the whole length of the ice.

It'd be nice to have a Top-6 RH faceoff option, but the price it'll cost for Lindholm...i just don't see why that would make any sense. It'd clear the cupboards of prime assets, and he's not a guy they'd be able to retain with an extension. So it'd be a pure, super expensive "rental". Which is very much not the sort of place the Canucks are currently in. They're much more in the market for pointed, strategic acquisitions that can be more than just a rental.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Small winger, future 60 points, doesn't really blow our doors off. I would do a first for Monahan then? Its Going rate. Sounds like you value Lettermaki much more than me. Doubt he is better than Mesar or Kidney. We stacked with semi skilled small wingers

I'm sure you would, we wouldn't though, and I highly doubt any team would, you seem to have an inflated perception of Monahan.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Please none! All those years of watching Benning bleed out assets to be bottom of the standings we finally have a chance at decent players on entry level deals in the near future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad