Speculation: Young players in need of a change.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Erik Brannstrom
Pierre Olivier Joseph
Adam Mascherin
Filip Zadina
Ryan Poehling
Morgan Frost
Lucas Johansen
Jesper Boqvist
Barrett Hayton
Ryan Merkley

Poehling is finaly a regular in the lineup this year, no need for a change of scenary

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Chytil/kravtsov both need to go to a nhl team to give them top 6 minutes.
At 22/23 yrs old, they’d be excellent buy pretty low and have pretty big boom/bust potential imo.
Kravy makes me especially pissed because if he didn’t leave for Russia again he’d be in the nhl already....
Many were looking fwd to seeing what he could do with top 6 min.
Unfortunately, the damage has been done, and the likelihood of him ever wear a NYR Jersey again remains close to 0.
Both are big kids with good wheels/hands

Reactions: banks

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Gabe Vilardi appears to be entering this territory.
Kopitar, Danault, Turcotte, Byfield, Kupari, Vilardi - someone was bound to be unhappy. Given the lack of an elite wing or anything at LD, it’s a surprise they haven’t been more decisive in making a move. They should be a Top 3 team in the Pacific easily this year based off overall talent

Reactions: kinghock and Eegs

member 334057

Arttu Ruotsalainen and possibly Rasmus Asplund for the Sabres in my view.

I think with the younger players starting to earn roles with the big club (Krebs, Quinn, Peterka soon) R2 and Asplund may find themselves being pushed down the depth chart and neither are really suited for 4th line roles. We've already seen this with Asplund as he stopped producing when he was taken out of the top 6 where he was right around a PPG player at the start of the season.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Kings do need some LHD in the system...

Any Kings prospect drafted before 2020 is entering this territory due to managerial incompetence.

I'm surprised they haven't tried him at LD and benched him for it not working.

I’ve suggested Valimaki for Villardi before on this board. I think it’s a pretty fair swap and both guys could benefit

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Erik Brannstrom
Pierre Olivier Joseph
Adam Mascherin
Filip Zadina
Ryan Poehling
Morgan Frost
Lucas Johansen
Jesper Boqvist
Barrett Hayton
Ryan Merkley

Ryan Merkley for Jake DeBrusk??

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Brock Boeser could be added to that list but, it may just be that he has reached his ceiling as a complimentary player

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Arttu Ruotsalainen and possibly Rasmus Asplund for the Sabres in my view.

I think with the younger players starting to earn roles with the big club (Krebs, Quinn, Peterka soon) R2 and Asplund may find themselves being pushed down the depth chart and neither are really suited for 4th line roles. We've already seen this with Asplund as he stopped producing when he was taken out of the top 6 where he was right around a PPG player at the start of the season.

Asplund may stop producing points, but he's still a capable defensive player. Ruotsalainen hasn't developed those chops yet, it's what Apps is working on in Rochester.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weltschmerz

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Maybe Anthony Beauvillier? He's got tremendous wheels, tenacious forechecker, has scored big goals...

...also sometimes is a cement head who gets lost for a couple of periods at a time.

Should be a 25g-25a player but is hovering around the 20-20 mark.

Don't think the Isles are shopping him at all but he could be part of a trade to upgrade the F position in a package.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Erik Brannstrom
Pierre Olivier Joseph
Adam Mascherin
Filip Zadina
Ryan Poehling
Morgan Frost
Lucas Johansen
Jesper Boqvist
Barrett Hayton
Ryan Merkley

Poehling looks to be finally making his jump to the big leagues in his 3rd year pro after a very good 2nd year. Why does he need a change of scenery?

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Where does Denisenko sit with Florida? He might be a nice piece to get while FL ramps up for the playoffs
Had a few good games on the top line last year. Has underwhelemed this year. Hasn't done much to earn a spot, but he's also pretty buried on a stacked team.

I think most fans would be down to package him for help on LD.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zach Senyshyn in Boston. Yeah yeah yeah 2015 jokes. Very original.

Senyshyn deserves a real chance in the show. He has scored at over a 30 goals per 82 pace the last couple seasons down in the AHL is fast and over 6' 200 lbs.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Gabe Vilardi appears to be entering this territory.

With the Kings fighting for a playoff spot do you think he gets moved in a swap for another change of scenery young guy or a veteran under contract for a few years that can help fill a hole now? What spot do the Kings most need filled right now (other than #1_ )?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad