Pre-Game Talk: New thread ideas?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
Well done -- you literally described 95% of online fan boards.
No, I described 95% of fans on THIS fan board. I have joined many and this is the only one that routinely has a shitfest on their own team. It is like a contest on who can out do each other on who hates this team the most.

It is silly how much the hate fest has grown by supposed fans of the team.

I am not expecting komboya moment for all but other sites like to talk about the new and old players, how the coaches can help or hurt the team and such.

Here you just see a bunch of butt hurt bitches whining every day about why my visions and talk don't result in the realities that I expected.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Another suggestion, but maybe I'll just make my own and try to maintain it - a 2025 NHL Draft thread?

e aU Already have video from Hlinka Gretzky and some junior level leagues in Europe (J20 Nationell & U20 SM-sarja). I was making a video on Adam Benák. Not sure how bad the Kings will be but maybe people will want to talk about upcoming draft eligibles.

Again, if you prefer I make my own I don't mind. Just let me know if you prefer doing it so you can take any needed actions first!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
No, I described 95% of fans on THIS fan board. I have joined many and this is the only one that routinely has a shitfest on their own team. It is like a contest on who can out do each other on who hates this team the most.

I am not expecting komboya moment for all but other sites like to talk about the new and old players, how the coaches can help or hurt the team and such.

Here you just see a bunch of butt hurt bitches whining every day about why my visions and talk don't result in the realities that I expected.
What other sites?

Reactions: Schrute farms

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

Interesting, because you are sounding kind of like a bitchy butt hurt whiny dude/chick right now.
Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and contribute some positive posts and actual concrete items to look forward to (coaching, new players, style, etc.) instead of simply complaining about posters. I'm all ears....

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Another suggestion, but maybe I'll just make my own and try to maintain it - a 2025 NHL Draft thread?

e aU Already have video from Hlinka Gretzky and some junior level leagues in Europe (J20 Nationell & U20 SM-sarja). I was making a video on Adam Benák. Not sure how bad the Kings will be but maybe people will want to talk about upcoming draft eligibles.

Again, if you prefer I make my own I don't mind. Just let me know if you prefer doing it so you can take any needed actions first!

Go for it, I trust you on anything draft related

Reactions: King'sPawn

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
Interesting, because you are sounding kind of like a bitchy butt hurt whiny dude/chick right now.
Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is and contribute some positive posts and actual concrete items to look forward to (coaching, new players, style, etc.) instead of simply complaining about posters. I'm all ears....
Unfortunately the Kings moved their practice rink from the Iceoplex in Northridge, CA where I regularly had fun watching them practice. I would love to talk about how funny it was when Coach Murphy waved is papers in hand to the players and one took a hard slapshot that broke thru the glass and threw his papers all over. My bro just missed getting hit by the puck by inches. That was before we could record it on our phone so I can only enjoy it in my memory.

I met many of the players at the time after practice just by being there.

It was years ago and things have changed since then so implying I have no idea about this team and am just a whiny bitch is no accurate at all.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Far too many. BBQ forums, Smoking meat forums, Vehicle specific forums. 3D printing forums. 3D designing forums. and many more.

There are whiny bitches on all of them but the percent is way less than I see here.

Average sites are about 5% whiny bitches, here it is closer to 80%.
Let's say you have been loyal to Boar's Head (Kings) for the past 30 years. You can only cook it three ways (watching a game live, on TV, or radio). Someone else picks the seasoning, sauces, and sides (players and management). Your choice is either to eat it or not. Sometimes you can't use your own barbecue (blackouts/road games).

So you either have to give up something you've loyally followed and eaten for 30 years or you wait until someone else competent enough picks how you get to eat your food. You just get to pick how you cook the meat.

How much of Boar's Head would you eat (after having a factory shut down due to the listeria outbreaks)? How happy would you be? How joyful would those meals be?

I like video games. But I don't really play any new stuff. I just randomly play modded XCOM, World of Warcraft with my fiancee, randomize some old games from my childhood, or watch speedruns. Yeah, I'm as nerdy in real life as I am on these boards, but I have complete agency in how I enjoy my hobby. With watching hockey, you either like the product that you get, don't like the product you get, or you don't get the product.

And with sports, it's something you inherently experience at the same time with the same people. It becomes an echo chamber of joy or sadness, and people do amplify their feelings. How often do you have group 3D Printing sessions? How joyful would your barbecue outings be (and how happy would your other participants be) if you were forced to top your listeria-ridden Boar's Head with mayo and pickled carrots?

Comparing sports fanaticism to other hobbies, where there's a lot more agency in how you enjoy and consume them, is absurd. And calling people whiny bitches when you can't understand the distinction is embarrassingly ignorant.

Reactions: Schrute farms

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Far too many. BBQ forums, Smoking meat forums, Vehicle specific forums. 3D printing forums. 3D designing forums. and many more.

There are whiny bitches on all of them but the percent is way less than I see here.

Average sites are about 5% whiny bitches, here it is closer to 80%.
I thought you meant other Kings fans sites. I’ve only spent time on here and before this LGK. Plenty of rancor over the years, including folks who think other fans are too negative.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I never would have imagined you talking about and comparing a hockey fan forum with food, cooking and 3D designing. You could give me a million years and I’d still not guessed that lol.
Try venturing to other team sport fan sites on the internet. Sports is not comparable to BBQing. Wow.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I never would have imagined you talking about and comparing a hockey fan forum with food, cooking and 3D designing. You could give me a million years and I’d still not guessed that lol.
Try venturing to other team sport fan sites on the internet. Sports is not comparable to BBQing. Wow.
The Weber grill has more cubic inches than the Coleman AINEC. If you can’t see that maybe you should be a fan of air fryers and take your ass over to that board. You probably use propane anyway you f***ing fair weather griller. Maybe a hibachi. GTFO

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Weber grill has more cubic inches than the Coleman AINEC. If you can’t see that maybe you should be a fan of air fryers and take your ass over to that board. You probably use propane anyway you f***ing fair weather griller. Maybe a hibachi. GTFO
Now I want to venture to a grilling board and find the Sol and Surf Nutz equivalent argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad