GDT: Yotes at the Leafs 7:30, TSN4.. Everyone is dropping like Flies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well the general consensuses seems to be Matthews isn't generational. And Strome + Domi + 10th OA does seem to be a huge overpayment IMO. Strome was just a 3rd OA pick this year. Not saying I'd take that deal, just saying we could do worse.

Hmm? I've read many people putting Matthews on Eichel tier of prospects, and I consider Eichel a generational talent.

Either way, Matthews, even if he's just borderline generational, that's still a near slam dunk for your big #1C for the next 7+ years and allows you to move one of Nylander/Marner to the wing.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Hmm? I've read many people putting Matthews on Eichel tier of prospects, and I consider Eichel a generational talent.

Either way, Matthews, even if he's just borderline generational, that's still a near slam dunk for your big #1C for the next 7+ years and allows you to move one of Nylander/Marner to the wing.

There's a poll going right now actually and the majority don't consider Matthews generational. McDavid is on another level from Eichel so I don't really consider Eichel generational either, just extremely elite. Regardless, that's another discussion for another thread. Agree to disagree on that point.

Just going to play devil's advocate here on the second point: Strome is also a slam dunk for a big #1 C for the next 7 years (or close to it) + A top 6 winger in Domi + another great prospect at 10th OA. Idk, it's an interesting hypothetical to me.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo

How many generational talents do we have this generation?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
There's a poll going right now actually and the majority don't consider Matthews generational. McDavid is on another level from Eichel so I don't really consider Eichel generational either, just extremely elite. Regardless, that's another discussion for another thread. Agree to disagree on that point.

Just going to play devil's advocate here on the second point: Strome is also a slam dunk for a big #1 C for the next 7 years (or close to it) + A top 6 winger in Domi + another great prospect at 10th OA. Idk, it's an interesting hypothetical to me.

Where is that poll? I want to go and vote angrily.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It pains me to realize how much this team misses Bozak, really not a good sign when he's one of your top forwards.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So Spaling was injured... Day-to-day which by Babcock's term means 1-2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad