GDT: Yotes at the Leafs 7:30, TSN4.. Everyone is dropping like Flies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Hypothetical question. If Leafs win the Matthews sweeps, would Yotes give up Domi + Strome + some spare change for him?

I asked before on the main boards if the Yotes would be willing to do Strome + a top 5 pick for Matthews. The consensus was no, and it wasnt even specifically to the Leafs but just whatever team won the lottery.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I can't wait until next season when we have a team similar in make-up the the Coyotes.

I know the point of this season is to suck and I am 100% on board with it, but it is difficult to watch.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I asked before on the main boards if the Yotes would be willing to do Strome + a top 5 pick for Matthews. The consensus was no, and it wasnt even specifically to the Leafs but just whatever team won the lottery.

Let's say the Leafs ended up with the 1st overall and the Yotes ended up with 10th overall. Would anyone accept 10th OA + Domi + Strome for 1st OA?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Let's say the Leafs ended up with the 1st overall and the Yotes ended up with 10th overall. Would anyone accept 10th OA + Domi + Strome for 1st OA?

No. I'm not accepting anything short of a ridiculous, GIGANTIC, hilarious overpayment. You just don't trade generational talents, come on.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Jeff O'Neill got his grade 10 with flying ****in' carpets and everyone else can just catch a boat to ****-offity Land

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

the yotes wouldnt ever offer that deal. Domi is already producing and looks like a star, strome is like marmer has top 5 potential at his position, and with the tenth u can get a real nice prospect, i wouldnt deal a producing in the nhl nylander(something i think he could do as a winger this year) marner, and the 10th for the 1st either

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
No. I'm not accepting anything short of a ridiculous, GIGANTIC, hilarious overpayment. You just don't trade generational talents, come on.

Well the general consensuses seems to be Matthews isn't generational. And Strome + Domi + 10th OA does seem to be a huge overpayment IMO. Strome was just a 3rd OA pick this year. Not saying I'd take that deal, just saying we could do worse.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I can't wait until next season when we have a team similar in make-up the the Coyotes.

I know the point of this season is to suck and I am 100% on board with it, but it is difficult to watch.

Same but for some reason i am enjoying watching these games more than last year, probably because the players i wanted to up their game and become building blocks for future are doing well, namely Rielly, Nazem, and JVR

OvenMittz*

Kadri is playing like a possessed man

He's more entertaining when his angry.

I feel hes going to have a better 2nd period.. But if he doesn't start producing its not going to look for for him. Still early though

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Honestly we couldn't have 2 better goalies for the tank. Team plays hard and competes for the majority but will eventually lose because of the 2 sieves

Sure because 1 GPG in the last 4 should be enough offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad