Prospect Info: Yegor Surin - C | 22nd Overall (1st round) | 2024 Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Also, for best games in toughest competition for Surin, just go to youtube.com/mhl_rus and watch SKA vs Lokomotiv full games, under Live, they are the latest games obviously.

I'd encourage Preds fans to watch the head to head shifts of Demidov vs Surin in those games. That's two ultimate competitors who love to battle. They went back and forth at each other in a lot of shifts.

Some of his defenisve deficiencies makes him a risk to draft here - Brunette doesnt like them in a player.

But if he can hammer some if that out then this sounds like it could a pretty good pick.

He had a ton of penalty minutes this year - 108 in 42 games. He will fit in nicely with L'Heureux and Lauzon. If nothing else, we are getting a nice collection of pricks to play against.

That really overstates his defensive shortcomings. He has some details to pick up but if anything he could become a great defensive forward in the NHL with his hard forecheck / backcheck, has great defensive reads, and can battle anybody.

More dominant in comparison to his teammates than Demidov in MHL playoffs but also a more finished product. Personally had him #15.

His physicality is exaggerated IMO, he can lay big hits but more than that, he went very hard in puck pursuits and almost always came out with the puck. Small area playmaker and finisher, not a sniper really. Suits his style and Nashville's obviously. Really good pick.

I also had him #15.

I don't think his physicality is exaggerated, he loves to go over the edge with hits. But people should talk more about how good he is in puck battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad