OT: y - Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (11-7) - Mother nature decides to help Bombers in their hour of need! - Next vs West Semi Win Nov 9 530pm

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So who do we want in the West Final? BC or Sask? Two bad teams, but I think the Lions might be a bit better if they’re rolling with VAJ now. But they’re a dome team and won’t like playing in Winnipeg, even if it’s supposed to be a balmy +9 on Nov 9.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I think we hope for BC. If we play Sask, Harris is gonna throw for almost 400 yds against our defence. If we rush only 3, and give him all day to throw, then it’s gonna be a long day.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
So who do we want in the West Final? BC or Sask? Two bad teams, but I think the Lions might be a bit better if they’re rolling with VAJ now. But they’re a dome team and won’t like playing in Winnipeg, even if it’s supposed to be a balmy +9 on Nov 9.
You have to factor in that it's the late game, the clocks go back so it will get dark earlier and generally the weather people never get anything right. It wont be freezing but for fans if you don't dress appropriately it wont be comfortable. For players some can handle cooler weather some can't

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Have we potentially got any walking wounded that might be ready to play in 2 weeks? Those that would be better than some of the scrubs we've been forced to start?

As for B.C vs. Saskatchewan I hope for a double disqualification and we get a bye to the Grey Cup.:D

And personally if we get to the Grey Cup and have to lose I'd rather the Bombers get blown out than lose 24-23 on a Mtl? FG with zeroes on the clock.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Have we potentially got any walking wounded that might be ready to play in 2 weeks? Those that would be better than some of the scrubs we've been forced to start?

As for B.C vs. Saskatchewan I hope for a double disqualification and we get a bye to the Grey Cup.:D

And personally if we get to the Grey Cup and have to lose I'd rather the Bombers get blown out than lose 24-23 on a Mtl? FG with zeroes on the clock.
Wolitarsky maybe?

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rather play BC no question. BC O is based on timing passing, a bad matchup versus Bombers very strong secondary. And the BC D is pretty suspect. Sask has a much better D and rely more on the zone run scheme with a more varied passing attack. I feel confident in the Bombers in either matchup honestly, but I think BC is an easier path than Sask.

Does anyone know if there are stats for CFL snap counts by player? They have them in NFL but I don't think I've seen CFL ones.
Doubt you'll find this. I've never found CFL stats that in depth. But if you do find anything let me know, I'd love to look into that as well.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
That win goes down for the ages. You couldn't script it because everyone would say it's too unbelievable.

As for the game, it was weird to see the Bombers D rush 3 all night while getting next to 0 pressure. And on the flipside, it seemed like the Als were getting pressure with 3, and certainly with 4. The Bomber staple (in the past) of winning the battle at the line of scrimmage needs to improve IMO.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
What Holden said, let me know if you find anything.

Have never seen anything available publicly, but I’m guessing it’s tracked by individual teams.
I know for a fact that the CFL themselves track it. It's how they assign the extra picks at the end of the 2nd round now. The two teams with the most snaps played by Canadians are awarded two bonus picks at the end of the 2nd round. Last year those picks went to BC (#19 - WR Ezechiel Tiede - Concordia) and WPG (#20 - DT Kyle Samson - UBC). Additionally I believe that the CFL tracks it game by game to make sure no one violates the ratio rules with all the substitutions.

As mentioned, never seen it made publicly available. It'd have been really cool if that was included in that new "next gen stats" the CFL was publishing...except that new stats thing changed nothing and CFL went statsless for a nearly a full season for no reason last year. For that alone I am kinda glad Ambroise is stepping down, hopefully CFL finds a reliable commissioner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad