GDT: XXXIII | "The Non Insulting One" | BOS @ EDM | 12/12/13 | 7:30 PM | SNET-EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
The Non Insulting One, XXXIII
:bruins at :edmonton
21-8-2 vs 11-18-3
SNET-EDM, 630 CHED

Lineups
:edmonton
rainbow01.jpg

Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-RNH-Eberle
Joensuu-Arcobello-Hemsky
Gazdic-Lander-Jones

Ference-Larsen
Schultz-Schultz
Marincin-Petry

Dubnyk/The Beara Beara​

Notable Injuries: Smyth (neck), Potter (head/neck), Gordon (shoulder, everything). Petry was cleared for the game (head). Bryzgalov (Head/Neck) shall join the team for the upcoming roadtrip, where all signs point to yay.

:bruins
cute-puppy.jpg

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Söderberg-Spooner-Fraser
Caron-Campbell-N. Johnson

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Krug
Bartowski-Miller

Raaaaask
Johnson

Notable Injuries: Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk returned Tuesday, but left wing Daniel Paille (upper body) has returned to Boston and is out for at least the remainder of this trip. Defenseman Dougie Hamilton (lower body) will miss 2-4 weeks. Defenseman Adam McQuaid (lower body), and forwards Loui Eriksson (concussion) and Chris Kelly (broken ankle) are on injured reserve (as per oilers.nhl.com). Thornton will also be unavailable for the Bruins, as he awaits a suspension.
Rask/Johnson have both been suffering from the flu - they had a University goalie sit in for their practice.

Stories headlining this game:
Something that you'll see gushing over here, this game marks Andrew Ference's debut against his old team. He's left quite the legacy back in Boston, and they love him for it. Mighta got a finger stuck or something, one cannot be sure.
Also, what a GDT those Bostonians have.

Who to watch?
Tuukka Rask has been Tuukka Rask all year, but even more Rask-y for the past bit, 3 wins in his past 4 with a .932 S%, and look for the top line of Boston to carry the play... Hall has been on fire as he tries for Sochi, with 7 points in 3 games. Also, Yakupov. So hot right now.

Keys to the game
Boston: Play like Boston always plays.
Edmonton: Get saves. Score goals. Chew bubblegum.

GDT Record:
Sparked a 7-0 and a mini HF-riot all by myself.
1-0.

Youtube:

The night the lights went out in Boston...

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
8d4t.jpg

This would have went a lot better if Ference was playing well...

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Really want a win. My friend is a B's fan and we haven't beat them since I dont know when. Please and thanks.

Lets Go Oil!!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm really expecting ... nothing, tonight. lol. I don't think this team is ready yet to really hang with any of the better teams, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I will be impressed if they can score more than twice.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Yup my thoughts exactly. That score seems about right, too. Think we see Perron get a couple, Yakupov with one, Arcobello with a goal or a great assist, and of course Hall.

J Schultz has been really quite, thinking he will break out and our pp will finally gets some points.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Since we scored 5 goals last game, it stands to reason that our offense will dry up completely tonight.

It's the Oiler way.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Part of me thinks the Oilers will win.

my common sense tells me this is the type of team that usually destroys the Oilers.
Big, strong, smart and they have a system.

6-1 Boston.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
J Schultz has been really quite, thinking he will break out and our pp will finally gets some points.

Yes he has been, but I have seen no reason to believe he's about to break out and step up. His play on our PP has been particularly disappointing. I think Eakins will go back to the 5 man forward PP.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
I don't think the B's will be able to contain all of the Oil's speed tonight, I do expect a few from St. Jerome in the back of our net though. Should be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad