GDT: XXXIII | "The Non Insulting One" | BOS @ EDM | 12/12/13 | 7:30 PM | SNET-EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton
All I want is a good and consistent effort. I don't expect them to win, but Boston is on the second game of a back-to-back and they're dealing with injuries. It would be nice to put some fear into them.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
All I want is a good and consistent effort. I don't expect them to win, but Boston is on the second game of a back-to-back and they're dealing with injuries. It would be nice to put some fear into them.

They are not a the 2nd game of a B2B, the cal game was tuesday.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Hasn't it been Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win the last few games. Going with that, tonight is a loss.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
This will be my first game and probably only game i go to this year. My roommate is a die hard bruins fan. Normally I'd be exited to go but I'm not. Sucks this season is in the toilet already.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The Bruins are going to absolutely dominate us physically and on the scoreboard
5-1 Bruins

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
This is a loss, no question.
I hope the players hear all of these comments. Teams that we should beat we seem to lose to. One thing for sure is that these kids seem to ocassionally explode against really good teams. I think the speed will put a banged up B's on the PK a lot tonight

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I hope the players hear all of these comments. Teams that we should beat we seem to lose to. One thing for sure is that these kids seem to ocassionally explode against really good teams. I think the speed will put a banged up B's on the PK a lot tonight

If our PP doesn't wake up, we'll still probably lose after Boston scores 3 on the PK.

This could be the reason J. Schultz wakes up, though. PP time against Boston and (fingers crossed) Chad Johnson.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I'm looking forward to seeing if Ference's play has another level. If we see that next gear in any game, it'll be in tongiht's.

I mean, he's played fine. But the GDT on the Bruins page should be some indication that there's a lot more to love in this guy than maybe we've seen so far.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
Oilers aren't going to be able to stay out of Chara's long reach. i'm secretly hoping Spooner scores a few. nice to see him the big league again.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
i actually expect Ference to do something tonight like a big hit of some sort.

He's the type that would do it just to show edmonton he's all about the oil.

Good luck tonight, no injuries on either side

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
If our PP doesn't wake up, we'll still probably lose after Boston scores 3 on the PK.

This could be the reason J. Schultz wakes up, though. PP time against Boston and (fingers crossed) Chad Johnson.

By "PP" do you mean, Perimeter Passing....Don't they get the message when the whole crowd is yelling "SHOOOT".....

Oct 30, 2011
By "PP" do you mean, Perimeter Passing....Don't they get the message when the whole crowd is yelling "SHOOOT".....

I'm not so convinced that we should just shoot. We need to break down the coverage and get quality opportunities.

Missing the net will result in clears.

Covered pucks will result in faceoffs.

We are at a disadvantage in faceoffs.

Sure, shooting is fine, but only when you have a lane AND there's a screen/net presence.

I think JS has that kind of ability to get pucks through.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm looking forward to seeing if Ference's play has another level. If we see that next gear in any game, it'll be in tongiht's.

I mean, he's played fine. But the GDT on the Bruins page should be some indication that there's a lot more to love in this guy than maybe we've seen so far.

No. He's just a good team guy who plays hard. He's a #4 dman here, just like he was in Boston. People just had unreasonable expectations for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Agreed, but we need him to be our PP QB on the point. There's really no one else.

I agree. Against a team like the Bruins we need to go for a homerun and hope we get the good version of Justin Schultz and not the one we've seen in past few games. It's the only way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad