GDT: XXXIII | "The Non Insulting One" | BOS @ EDM | 12/12/13 | 7:30 PM | SNET-EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think I'm happier with that loss the way they played those last 40 minutes than with the win vs Carolina. I know that sounds odd but I liked the way they sucked it up and played in the 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
We just had 41 shots in a game and worked our buts off. We played a solid game. 1 weak goal was the difference tonight was a good game.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
The team came out like a steaming pile of garbage in the first. Dubnyk was awful, but so was the rest of the team to start the game.

Dubnyk spotted the Bruins a 1-0 lead. The rest of the team spotted them a 2 and 3 goal lead.
The soft goal took the wind out of the sail . probably been 1-0 after 1st we lost by 1 we outplayed them.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers fans not wanting to see games + original six team + recent cup win = lots of fans

I watched the game on TV and saw a ton of kids in Bruins gear. Generally get a big kid following when you are a good team. Especially when your home team isnt making the playoffs. I started cheering for the Avs as a kid in the early 2000s when they were one of the best teams in the league.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Bandwagon fans. I've seen so many Bruins fans come out of the woodwork over the past couple of years. It's actually kind of infuriating.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Back in the day, in the long long ago, the Bruins were the choice of the anti-establishment crowd that couldn't stand the Leaves or Habs. Both my dad and former father in law cheered for the B's before being converted to Oilfans during the happy time of the 80's. That's just my opinion, of course, but since it can't be proven to be wrong I'm just going to go ahead and assume I'm right.

JJ oilers*

What kind of work, do you guys have up there anyway?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be harsh or anything.. But this is quite possibly the most ignorant question I've read on hfboards as a longtime reader.. What kind of work is available in northern Alberta.. You mean there are people who don't know where one of the largest sources of crude oil comes from? Just.. No. No. That's killing brain cells.

And as for Bruins fans in AB.. It's not anything out of the ordinary to have fans of O6 teams across the continent. In fact, when the Canadiens or Leafs come to town, there are far, far more of their fans in the arena. Or you know, people in the Bruins organization who have friends and family in Edmonton. This isn't rocket science and this question is kind of.. well.. stupid as well.

The Bruins fanbase in general disgusts me though, so I don't care to see it but it is what it is.

JJ oilers*

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be harsh or anything.. But this is quite possibly the most ignorant question I've read on hfboards as a longtime reader.. What kind of work is available in northern Alberta.. You mean there are people who don't know where one of the largest sources of crude oil comes from? Just.. No. No. That's killing brain cells. Hell, it's even in the team name..

And as for Bruins fans in AB.. It's not anything out of the ordinary to have fans of O6 teams across the continent. In fact, when the Canadiens or Leafs come to town, there are far, far more of their fans in the arena. Or you know, people in the Bruins organization who have friends and family in Edmonton. This isn't rocket science and this question is kind of.. well.. stupid as well.

The Bruins fanbase in general disgusts me though, so I don't care to see it but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be harsh or anything.. But this is quite possibly the most ignorant question I've read on hfboards as a longtime reader.. What kind of work is available in northern Alberta.. You mean there are people who don't know where one of the largest sources of crude oil comes from? Just.. No. No. That's killing brain cells. Hell, it's even in the team name..

Now, play nice. Boston is a College town. They're all busy studying partical atomic physics or something..;)

The Buins fans question isn't stupid either. Theres a lot more Bruins fans in Edmonton, and Alberta, than Hawks or Red Wings fans. Of course theres no such thing as a Ranger fan.:laugh:

Boston Bruins fans are an anomaly here. Theres always lots of them Even before Oil and gas. There was a time when Johhny Bucyk was the star player on everybodies lips in Edmonton. Hometown kid goes big and everybody in a city knows it. In the 50's he owned this city and continued to after leaving.

ALL of Johhny Bucyk, Bronco Horvath, Vic Stasiuk played and starred on the Edmonton Flyers. They went on to be the legendary Uke line for the Boston Bruins and a fantastic line for Boston, the best to that point they had ever seen.

I still maintain the connection with stalwarts like Johhny Bucyk made an indelible link that remains. Lots of legendary Edmonton Flyers went on to play for the Bruins.
That stuff does matter as well and it gets passed on. I remember as a kid getting Bruins colored hockey socks and jersey to play pickup hockey mostly. All the stores had the Bruins stuff from 60's on. you were either decked out in Habs or Bruins gear. that was the deal here, anybody old school knows that. Many parents as I stated pass down that kind of thing to their kids. Even if the kids or grand kids don't always realize it or why..

For 60years Edmonton kids have been playing for the Bruins. Its a neat connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad