Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Dach is a 3OA pick just like Timmy, career has been derailed by injuries but he’s our only hope to have a 2nd line at this point in the rebuild so dumb move by Greig to hit him late in a preseason game and not expect retaliation, the 4 Habs on the ice should’ve answered the call but they’re all chickenshit so Arber had to and he’s not going to be picky. As for who pays to watch games, more people will be interested for the next tilt because of this hoping Arber and Tkachuk get to square off than anything Stutzle will draw at the gate.
3rd overall lol so what guy hasnt even cracked 40 points yet, no one is paying to watch Dach player

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Okay... the video above is pretty clear: That was not a headshot by Xhekaj.

As for the hit that started this melodrama - Greig on Dach - it looks like he did make contact with Dach's head. If there's a video that shows otherwise I'll gladly change my opinion.

In both cases, they were late hits on good players. Xhekaj deserved a penalty for that. Greig deserved more if it was a headshot. Neither Dach nor Stutzle deserved to be hurt.
So one guy gets 5 and a game and injures another player. One guy gets 2 minutes the player stays in the game and even fights. But that's the worse hit. How do you come up with this stuff. Complete disconnect from reality. Just because a bunch of other Habs homers like it doesn't make it real.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

No big surprise here.

The punishments in game were commensurate with the severity of the hits involved.

Refs actually get it right for a change thanks to the reviews.

Calling everything a five minute major is a bit of a cheat code for the ref team though.

Stutzle ended up with the bleeding face while Dach just got rolled by a much smaller player.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He turned the game around in favor of the Sens.

They literally had nothing going on except for Ulmark in net so Xhekaj’s timing was impeccable.

It’s nice to have a guy watching out for his teammates but in this case it backfired spectacularly.
Losing those two points could be a season killer.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is such a slippery slope. I get it, the player on the team you are a fan of got targeted with a late hit. But it was cleanly delivered, wasn't really that nasty.

It's okay to be mad, but let's be reasonable here. What you are suggesting isn't going to happen and is fairly unreasonable. I think you are having a tough time separating your fandom from what is reasonable in this situation.

To you it’s fandom, because you have no context. I’ve been consistent about getting this shit out of the game, my criticism of DOPS and the NHL has been consistent. The slippery slope is allowing players to police themselves. We’ve seen this over and over unfortunately we have a guy in charge whose career was policing the ice, so we’ve taken many steps back.

Wlodarczyk

Feb 14, 2016
Quebec
Series of event unfolded by the incompetency of the referees and the league.

It's pre-season. Dirty hits or moves should not happen ECHLer or NHLer.

Pare dirty knee on Laine.
Then he doesn't want to face responsibility and laughs in the interview.
Pare should have been thrown out of the game.
This pumped up Xhekaj to make him turtle.
Stupid move? Yes. But we can all agree that the referees did not do their job to prevent this happen.

Then, Greig does a dirty hit on Dach.
Only a two minute penalty, when he should have been tossed from the game.
Two of our best players targeted.
In frustration, (and even if this is also a stupid move by Xhekaj), he targets Stützle.
We can all also understand where this is coming from even if the act itself should not happen.

In the end, these events should never have happened.
If the ref and the league did their job, this pre-season would not have been such a shitshow of frustration.
You can twist it all you want, if this was your team getting targeted this way in pre-season you'd all be frustrated the same way and I can guarantee one player or another would lose his mind on your team also.

I'm not excusing Xhekaj's behavior as he deserves a suspension (maybe for both events) but so do Greig and Pare. They should have been thrown out of the game to prevent further escalation.

If the refs and the league would not be this bad at their job, we would not have this thread going!

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
To you it’s fandom, because you have no context. I’ve been consistent about getting this shit out of the game, my criticism of DOPS and the NHL has been consistent. The slippery slope is allowing players to police themselves. We’ve seen this over and over unfortunately we have a guy in charge whose career was policing the ice, so we’ve taken many steps back.
If we're going to suspend players for policing themselves, we will see multiple suspensions per game.

Struble also delivered a retaliatory hit. Dach also targetted Grieg and fought him out of retaliation. Is the league going to suspend all three players?

Again, you are struggling to remove your fandom from the situation.

If this whole sequence of events bothers you so deeply, you should be mad at Grieg for initiating the events with a late hit of his own. This was all avoidable if he doesn't originally deliver a late hit. But then again, that's hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad